Feedback On Site, Please

EidolonHost

Hi,

So, I'm working on my site... it's actually a completely new redesign. It's still not fully done but the integration with Blesta is pretty much done, thanks to LicenseCart. Basically, it's minor tweaks here and there right now.

We're working on getting the logo replaced, so I'll post back an update when we get the new logo uploaded, but for now, we're using our extremely old logo as a place-holder until this happens.

Without further ado, here's our site — EidolonHost!

We'd like to know what you think of the site, what needs changing and whatnot, so please post your feedback here!

Edit: Before I forget, yes, the order buttons are not linked to the billing system... that's on purpose.

I'm curious to see how the new logo looks, couple suggestions on other parts of the site:

1. I would use the colored Blesta logo at the bottom instead. You can grab it from here - http://www.blesta.com/resources/

2. The vertical lines dividing the sections of your footer extend part way into the lighter gray section at the very bottom. Looks a bit odd, I would expect it to end within the darker section.

Other than that, looking good!

I'm curious to see how the new logo looks, couple suggestions on other parts of the site:

1. I would use the colored Blesta logo at the bottom instead. You can grab it from here - http://www.blesta.com/resources/

2. The vertical lines dividing the sections of your footer extend part way into the lighter gray section at the very bottom. Looks a bit odd, I would expect it to end within the darker section.

Other than that, looking good!

1. Done, looks a lot better as you suggested.

2. What browser was this on? Chrome and Firefox shows this to be fine and ending within the darker section?

looks better with the color logo :)

Firefox 35.0.1, and also 36.0. See the screenshot attached.

Odd, yeah I see them in your screenshot. I'll get to work on the fix for this. This shouldn't be happening and I suspect I know what the issue is. Can you check and see if https://eidolonhost.com/billing is experiencing the same issue as well?

Sure is!

Blast. Alright, thanks. I'm still working on getting the Social Media icons to show up for me. Ironically... I see they show up on your browser, just fine... so we're experiencing the same issue, just in different ways.

I dunno. Something is funky somewhere and it's been driving me up the wall.

Nice looking website :)

Couple of things i have spotted with both the website and and integration

1) website header there is a small white gap between the top of the page to the header.. If this is meant to be there then sorry :)

2) Links under control panels have funny characters only on website part not under blesta they display correctly

3) On the client login page the type boxes for user and password seem to have some formatting issue as not displaying correctly (the text inside the box that is)

4) same as number 3 but in knowledge base search box

5) when clicking order under billing the link seems to get stuck loading?

Looking good tho :) Keep up the good work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking website :)

Couple of things i have spotted with both the website and and integration

1) website header there is a small white gap between the top of the page to the header.. If this is meant to be there then sorry :)

2) Links under control panels have funny characters only on website part not under blesta they display correctly

3) On the client login page the type boxes for user and password seem to have some formatting issue as not displaying correctly (the text inside the box that is)

4) same as number 3 but in knowledge base search box

5) when clicking order under billing the link seems to get stuck loading?

Looking good tho :) Keep up the good work :)

1. Yep, it's meant to be there. :) It's quite okay!

2. Fixed. Turns out I needed to use the actual HTML code for — which resolved the issue.

3 & 4. I should probably ask LicenseCart and see if they'd be willing to look into this...

5. Yeah, I'm working on figuring out what's up here... I'll be asking LicenseCart to take a look at this. Actually, I just fixed this. Turns out the loader was causing the issue.

correct the vps link . is linked with resellers offer page .

Fixed that. Not sure how I managed to miss that... that's several times I've done it. I also fixed the issue of loading unsafe scripts which was the font.googleapis.com links on the HTML pages not being in HTTPS mode when loaded via HTTPS.

Still waiting on the logo designer... I'm starting to get seriously annoyed by the fact that I need to chase the logo developer for updates.

Edit: Struggling to get the home page looking right... I'm no good with design-related stuff and HTML. But servers and other things? I can get things fixed quickly. :|

New logo has been uploaded!

Mostly the design is done now, I think... but man, those product boxes on the main index is driving me nuts... same for the separator bars that I can't seem to wrangle out properly.

If anyone'd be willing to help, I'd be eternally grateful.

1. Yep, it's meant to be there. :) It's quite okay!

2. Fixed. Turns out I needed to use the actual HTML code for — which resolved the issue.

3 & 4. I should probably ask LicenseCart and see if they'd be willing to look into this...

5. Yeah, I'm working on figuring out what's up here... I'll be asking LicenseCart to take a look at this. Actually, I just fixed this. Turns out the loader was causing the issue.

Fixed that. Not sure how I managed to miss that... that's several times I've done it. I also fixed the issue of loading unsafe scripts which was the font.googleapis.com links on the HTML pages not being in HTTPS mode when loaded via HTTPS.

Still waiting on the logo designer... I'm starting to get seriously annoyed by the fact that I need to chase the logo developer for updates.

Edit: Struggling to get the home page looking right... I'm no good with design-related stuff and HTML. But servers and other things? I can get things fixed quickly. :|

Looking Good

Few more things i have spotted

when you click links on the shared hosting or reseller packages it takes you to vps... then when you click configure vps it takes you back to either shared or reseller page

Other than that i think your sorted

thumbs up

Looking Good

when you click links on the shared hosting or reseller packages it takes you to vps... then when you click configure vps it takes you back to either shared or reseller page

thumbs up

and contact page is missing

Looking Good

thumbs up

Should be fixed... all the pages should now point to their own pages until we've finished configuring services and the like and link them into our billing system.

and contact page is missing

Er... damn, I forgot about that one. I'll get to that ASAP.

• 3 months later...

-- Seems like the website is for testing not live. Same vps package prices ? https://eidolonhost.com/vps.html

Besides that the site looks great :) a little more tweakin required.

Haven't been able to update the site due to SSH being a bit of a pain.

Mostly because my development server has the site correctly fixed and that development server is currently down for maintenance.

Dont forget to link all the html menu to your billing system menu :)

I believe the menus are indeed linked... but I'm going to have to figure out why the drop-downs aren't working on the menu up top in the billing system... plus a few other remaining design issues, mostly related to the order form.

Right now though I don't have the ability to work on the issues so I'll probably hand the job off to LicenseCart, or some other theme company that knows Blesta well to finish up for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...