Eu Invoicing ? Proforma Yes But Not Eu Complient ?

wanah

Question

Hello,

I looked into your product some time ago but could not use it as I needed EU complient invoicing.

Now you have proforma invoices I've given it another go.

I've encountered so far two problems.

I cannot change invoicing number scheme during the year and I can't seem to be able to reproduce my current numbering scheeme :

1st invoice of January 2015 :

FA1501A015

105th invoice of Feburary 2015

FA1502A105

3rd invoice of March 2015

FA1503A003

What I'm missing is :

1) Ability to have two diget year

2) Ability to fill the number with zeros (in europe you have to do this (have a fixed number of zeros that corresponds to the maximum number of invoices you plan to have).

3) Automaticaly go back to 1 at the beginning of each month.

I can get around point 1 and point 3 by waiting until 2016 before moving to blesta but I don't want to wait that long. I haven't found how to do point 2 though.

The second issue I've found is that customers can edit their invoice contact details. And invoice being a non modifyable document, this can't be allowed.

How can I solve these issues ?

If I cannot, do you have some form of ETA for making Blesta EU Complient ?

Thanks. 

Hello,

I looked into your product some time ago but could not use it as I needed EU complient invoicing.

Now you have proforma invoices I've given it another go.

I've encountered so far two problems.

I cannot change invoicing number scheme during the year and I can't seem to be able to reproduce my current numbering scheeme :

1st invoice of January 2015

FA1502A015

FA1502A105

3rd invoice of March 2015

FA1503A003

What I'm missing is :

1) Ability to have two diget year

2) Ability to fill the number with zeros (in europe you have to do this (have a fixed number of zeros that corresponds to the maximum number of invoices you plan to have).

3) Automaticaly go back to 1 at the beginning of each month.

I can get around point 1 and point 3 by waiting until 2016 before moving to blesta but I don't want to wait that long. I haven't found how to do point 2 though.

The second issue I've found is that customers can edit their invoice contact details. And invoice being a non modifyable document, this can't be allowed.

If I cannot, do you have some form of ETA for making Blesta EU Complient ?

Thanks.

For the invoice numbering you can define in admin->setings->system->invoice customisation

On the Pro forma invoice format jut put:

FA{year}{month}A{num}

This way will show like this exemple:

FA201501A15

1st invoice of January 2015

FA201501A105

If you want only 2 digits by year its not complicated but you have to change one core file and only one line of code :)

Now for suporting zeros, im in europe/portugal and its not mandatory to have zeros on the left :) its only mandatory to have sequential numbers. If you really need to fill zeros, again, only need one line of code on one core file :)

Ate least, going to first number each month, one core file with one line of code :P

Its easy :)

I could help you on this but im a litle busy one one project for one Blesta client right now :D

Thanks for your answer.

I'll see where we are when/if blesta becomes compatible with vat registered EU companies.

While the community seems very helpfull, no reply from official staff to presales questions in multiple days is quite worrying and makes we wonder if the support for paid customers would be reactive enough for us.

Thanks for your answer.

I'll see where we are when/if blesta becomes compatible with vat registered EU companies.

While the community seems very helpfull, no reply from official staff to presales questions in multiple days is quite worrying and makes we wonder if the support for paid customers would be reactive enough for us.

To be honest there's a big thread in the bug forums all about the stupid EU stuff. The guys are busy on the 3.5, if you want a faster sales you can just simply email sales@ and get a ticket. The community forums is the community :).

@Licensecart: I have to agree with wanah, blesta team should view and answer presales questions. 3 days without oficial answer gives bad image to blesta :)

Thats why I have answer because wanah was waiting for an answer :)

There is no excuse for this even for Blesta 3.5 busy day. 24 houra is OK to wait but more than that gives some people something to think about ;)

@wanah: Dont worry this situation is not normal and im shure you will be amazed what blesta team and all of us will do for it and for help you ;)

@Licensecart: I have to agree with wanah, blesta team should view and answer presales questions. 3 days without oficial answer gives bad image to blesta :)

Thats why I have answer because wanah was waiting for an answer :)

There is no excuse for this even for Blesta 3.5 busy day. 24 houra is OK to wait but more than that gives some people something to think about ;)

@wanah: Dont worry this situation is not normal and im shure you will be amazed what blesta team and all of us will do for it and for help you ;)

Well on a competitor's forum I've seen threads go on unanswered for years?

Yes, I agree, and at least I did get my answer from the comunity.

But just because a competitor is very bad, doesn't meen it's ok to not offer a good support.

We aren't comparing with a competitor but between finishing our custom panel that's 60% finished or abandoning it to move to an existing solution. We tried the competitors pannel 3 years ago and got a refund. I tried besta about a year ago and decided it wasn't ready for our needs. Came back with high hopes but it's still unusable for our current legal requirements.

:)

Well on a competitor's forum I've seen threads go on unanswered for years?

Dont compare what is incomparable :)

Blesta = Great Script/Great Comunity/Great Forum

Outhers (WHMCS/ClientExec/HostbillAPP) = No Comment

Please Lisencecart dont make "smoke" and dont make "excuses", we all make bad decisions, its human, acept that ;)

@wanah: If you need help on making the changes you ask please PM me and I will do it for free, dont abandon Blesta "Boat" just yet ;)

Peace to all :P

We are going to wait for blesta to natively disallow customer from editing invoices.

I don't mind editing the core for the other parts but this one is to big to patch as we don't know yet how they will implement it.

1+ for no to ediditing core file

1+ disallow customer from editing invoices  .

To be honest there's a big thread in the bug forums all about the stupid EU stuff. The guys are busy on the 3.5, if you want a faster sales you can just simply email sales@ and get a ticket. The community forums is the community :).

sometimes i feel you are against any complialt to blesta even if is true .

we know the stuff is busy in coding new feature and making big changes , but answering here or in tickets should be regular and quick as soos as possible , even if the feature/request will not implemented , but if the client/visitor see a anwser that give a good sensation about the active staff .

sometimes i feel you are against any complialt to blesta even if is true .

we know the stuff is busy in coding new feature and making big changes , but answering here or in tickets should be regular and quick as soos as possible , even if the feature/request will not implemented , but if the client/visitor see a anwser that give a good sensation about the active staff .

Not being funny, but what do you expect when the title of the thread is the same a bug thread?

If you want a 2-digit year just change the invoice format:

FA15{month}A{num}

Yes you have to update it manually each year, but that's much easier and safer than modifying files.

As for zero padding. That's something we want to do. If that's truly some sort of EU compliance requirement, and you can document it as such, we'd be much more inclined to push that to the top of our queue.

I also think that that is really bad - when the invoice contact details get changed, only new invoices should be touched. Old invoices must never be modified - I can't believe that that is only a requirement in the EU.

The only "solution" I found for this is to disallow users to change their contact information at all (easy hack with some javascript that naja7host dhowed me).  That fixes the problem that existing invoices get modified, but it obviously creates the problem that no client can ever actually change his contact information. So if he moves, and get's a new address, we're out of luck...

I think that is a problem that should be addressed as soon as possible - it's a real showstopper..

I also think that that is really bad - when the invoice contact details get changed, only new invoices should be touched. Old invoices must never be modified - I can't believe that that is only a requirement in the EU.

The only "solution" I found for this is to disallow users to change their contact information at all (easy hack with some javascript that naja7host dhowed me).  That fixes the problem that existing invoices get modified, but it obviously creates the problem that no client can ever actually change his contact information. So if he moves, and get's a new address, we're out of luck...

I think that is a problem that should be addressed as soon as possible - it's a real showstopper..

if you use my admin tools plugins, you can enable option to save the copy of the generated invoice, so if the client change thier info , you have already a saved pdf with the exact info when it was generated , so is EU LAW , is not officiall fix , but something that can you live with it until the official fix .

Wow, that is a nice workaround! Thanks again Naja7. I guess it's time for a little donation. :)

One question: what does the "Enable EU Invoicing" setting do exactly?

in resume it will make proforma and invoice under controle , so :

- sequencial in proforma numbering not reused numbering.

- invoice date will have the date of converstion from proforma to invoice and not the the date of generating the proforma .

If you want a 2-digit year just change the invoice format:

FA15{month}A{num}

Yes you have to update it manually each year, but that's much easier and safer than modifying files.

As for zero padding. That's something we want to do. If that's truly some sort of EU compliance requirement, and you can document it as such, we'd be much more inclined to push that to the top of our queue.

Thanks for that, nice to have an official answer :)

Will num start at 1 again at the beginning of each month ?

For the number padding, I haven't found an official docment that states that it's obligatory, in 2007 our accountant told us we had to choose the right number of digits corresponding to roughly our sales estimates + 1 or 2 zeros.

One thing for sure we can't change numbering scheme during the year so a move to blesta without editing core files woud have to wait for 2016.

There are a few things that make us wonder if blesta will suit our needs, as our general impression is that blesta was not initially designed for medium/large companies and you are adding new features to accomodate them.

I will have another look when blesta 3.5 comes out, we are curretly working on pieces of code that could be implemented as plugins for blesta for some very specific suppliers. We will see if we plug them in to our custom system or into blesta if blesta's developement evolves in the right direction fast enough to reassure us.

I must admit the community is great and definitly loves the product.

For the number padding, I haven't found an official docment that states that it's obligatory, in 2007 our accountant told us we had to choose the right number of digits corresponding to roughly our sales estimates + 1 or 2 zeros.

Think that may have been a "requirement" of your accountant, rather than an official one.

Some do prefer leading zeroes in the filename of .pdf invoices. So that when you save them all to a folder, and sort on file name, they sort correctly... :-)

That's possible, or maybe it's also specific to France.

Anyway as it's not possible to change numbering scheme during the year, by not accepting all types of numbering scheems, Blesta is refusing customers who have to wait for the beginning of the next year before changîg software.

Anyway as it's not possible to change numbering scheme during the year, by not accepting all types of numbering scheems, Blesta is refusing customers who have to wait for the beginning of the next year before changîg software.

That may be something specific to France as well.

My own country does allow you to have multiple series of invoice numbers, as long as the invoice numbers are sequential within one series.

Mainly meant for situations where you have multiple branches, or multiple employees doing work on location (plumbers etc.), that need to be able to (hand) write invoices independently.

But could be argued that a separate independent webshop is a valid reason as well.

wanah, on 31 Mar 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm in France and never heard about such requirement for Invoice number structure, the law never go deep in such detail where it's to each business to setup his own rules, of course invoice number must be chronological and without missing number, and that's it.

But some accountant people like to setup their own religion...

You have best practices that if you don't follow you are more likely to get your accounts controlled.

You can have multiple numbering scheems when it is required, changing billing software isn't enough to change numbering though. You would have to have multiple shops or something similar to do this.