Logicboxes Domains

rfhmendes

Question

This is what I have understood so far.

Currently, in order to sell domains with different prices through Blesta, you have to create a package for each TLD. These packages are associated with a specific group.

Let us suppose a customer have a domain.com for example. He clicks at the "manage" button of that domain.com he registered and sees a button to change the plan. Within this small window he sees all domains available to be chosen -- since all the domains are associated with that specific group mentioned previously.

Everyone -- not really -- knows it's not possible to change the name of a domain name. Some customers might get confused and think it's possible to change the name of a domain.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening?!

6 answers to this question

what you said is interresting, I personaly do not work yet with domains even if the setup is ever in place and like you said one extension by package for having flexibility to change price by extensions.

For my need I removed possibility to upgrade package, I sell software licence and my customer can not upgrade from trial to paid, they just order appropriate licence, as I was not 100% certain Blesta manage well such upgrade, I do not want issue for later

And yes upgrade package (domain) should not allow makes confusion to customer, you are correct.

I think the upgrade package option (enable/ disable) should be allowed at package level and not only for the entire Blesta system (all packages) like it is by now

I've never thought about that myself, but you can do groups and edit a file if you can find where the upgrade and downgrade button is and do it per product.

We do this for alerts.

<?php $checkproducts = $this->Html->ifSet($package->name);
	if($checkproducts == 'Product Name'){ ?>
		Stuff when this package is shown
	<?php }else{ ?>
		Stuff when it's not
<?php } ?>

This is what I have understood so far.

Currently, in order to sell domains with different prices through Blesta, you have to create a package for each TLD. These packages are associated with a specific group.

Let us suppose a customer have a domain.com for example. He clicks at the "manage" button of that domain.com he registered and sees a button to change the plan. Within this small window he sees all domains available to be chosen -- since all the domains are associated with that specific group mentioned previously.

Everyone -- not really -- knows it's not possible to change the name of a domain name. Some customers might get confused and think it's possible to change the name of a domain.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening?!

Great finding. This is a BIG problem, I have tested and can confirm this issue (latest Blesta 3.4.3), this cannot, ever, never, happen on Domains :( On Domains people only have to have the option to Change "Terms" and not "Change Package"

I consider this as a BUG, because its not the intended way for Domains to Work.

I Will open a BUG post for this to be resolved :)