Disable/remove "change Package" For Domains In Client Area

PauloV

Hello Paul/Tyson/Cody,

On this Post http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4279-logicboxes-domains/ a problem was found by the user rfhmendes.

If we have (almost everyone will have) multiple TLD's Packages on the same "Group", and we have enable the option for client "Upgrade/Downgrade", "Change Packages", Clients can Change the "TLD", and this cannot happen :)

I propose for now a Quick fix to disable on Type "Domain" the option on Client Area to "Change Package", for later on, on the new Domain System you can implement a final solution :)

Thanks in advance  :blesta:

I can see how that would be an issue for domains.

We think the solution would be a new option that allows you to determine what package groups allow upgrades/downgrades. So when adding/updating a Package Group, there would be an option to "Allow package upgrades/downgrades within this group". If unchecked, no packages within the group can be upgraded/downgraded.

All of the current settings will still be in effect, e.g., only packages from the same module can be upgraded, and clients can only upgrade packages if you have the setting enabled for them to do so.

Do you think that would be a viable solution?

thxs,

one question.

example I have these groups:

- TRIAL_aaaaaaaaaaaa

- PAID_aaaaaaaaaaaa

With your proposal, will it be possible makes customers be allowed to upgrade from package being in TRIAL_aaaaaaaaaaaa  to package being in PAID_aaaaaaaaaaaa  ?

if yes, that is fine

thxs,

one question.

example I have these groups:

- TRIAL_aaaaaaaaaaaa

- PAID_aaaaaaaaaaaa

With your proposal, will it be possible makes customers be allowed to upgrade from package being in TRIAL_aaaaaaaaaaaa  to package being in PAID_aaaaaaaaaaaa  ?

if yes, that is fine

If customers can upgrade those packages now, then they will still be upgradable with the proposed change. The proposed change only adds a filtering option that allows you to disable package upgrades within a specific package group. This does not span over multiple package groups.

Support for trial package upgrades to a paid package is a separate feature described in CORE-504.