Braintree Gateway

ChrisB

I saw a request for a BrainTree payment gateway and remembered that while ago we whipped one up as we were contemplating using BrainTree.

This was tested with test credentials but we never actually tested it or used it live.. there may be issues/bugs/etc and unfortunately as we don't currently use Blesta nor will we be using BrainTree, we won't be working on it/supporting it any further. I am 100% okay with Phillips Data, inc. taking over the plugin if they want to as we extended their stripe one to begin with, anyway.  Or anyone else who wants to take over development on it is fine too.

Anyway, feel free to test it out and report back here what you find for other users. Hope some folks find some value in this. 

braintree_gateway.zip

I did upload the files to test but blesta wasn't able to detect the gateway. Is there any other way for it to detect the newly uploaded files?

@ChrisB - Many many thanks for your generosity.

Have you uploaded the files to the merchant folder? it might need to be renamed, I had to remove one folder (not sure if it was my attempt before) and then remove a _ or something.

The reason is at the folder name. It's actually "braintree\_gateway", and system cannot read "\" character. You will need to rename the folder. 

Thanks @phamhung, editing the folder name this time around worked. Earlier using @licensecart's suggestion, I was editing the starting part of the name but I think as phamhung suggested, editing around '_" made the plugin to be detected.

I wasn't able to make this work using the production environment. Steps followed

1) Installed gateway

2) Added the configuration

3) Disabled stripe to accept USD

4) Edited form to accept Braintree gateway

5) Placed a test order

So after clicking continue and pay button, it ended up being blank white screen. Loggin into admin, I was able to see the pending invoice/service but no trasaction data was associatedto it. Logs for gateway had nothing in it. Braintree account had no activity registered.

Fixed the file.

Changes made:

1) Added the missing objectToArray() function

2) Formatted the amount to be sent to braintree with two decimal rounding

Download:

https://www.lolitseasy.com/downloads/braintree_gateway.php.zip

Unzip and put under the location:

~installation folder~/components/gateways/merchant/braintree_gateway/

Customer was created and card was charged succesfully. I was able to see it in the dashboard and vault.

Other functions like void etc thorugh blesta need to be tested.

Fixed the file.

Changes made:

1) Added the missing objectToArray() function

2) Formatted the amount to be sent to braintree with two decimal rounding

Download:

https://www.lolitseasy.com/downloads/braintree_gateway.php.zip

Unzip and put under the location:

~installation folder~/components/gateways/merchant/braintree_gateway/

Customer was created and card was charged succesfully. I was able to see it in the dashboard and vault.

Other functions like void etc thorugh blesta need to be tested.

Glad to hear it still works. I've added that change you made and edited the original post. 

It seems not working well with currencies other than USD. The amount is correct, but not the currency. So, for example, I process 100 USD invoice, and my account is set in CAD, I receive 100 CAD in my account, not 100 USD.

Do you see 100 CAD in braintree dashboard? Did you settle the transaction? I think the transaction will be settled in USD by braintree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well  got a production account. Added EUR currency. If i want to pay there is no gateway: braintree.

Seems not working. Paypak gateway woking very well. Any suggestion?

@licensecart have you tried get this working?

Not want to appear at client side when the client want to pay. Suggestions..?

Well  got a production account. Added EUR currency. If i want to pay there is no gateway: braintree.

Seems not working. Paypak gateway woking very well. Any suggestion?

@licensecart have you tried get this working?

Not want to appear at client side when the client want to pay. Suggestions..?

Have you applied the gateway to the order form?