Lets Fix Blesta Eu Invoices And Make Vatmoss Compatible (All In One Thread)

PauloV

No, it's because the proforma invoice and the normal invoice are the same record. 

This isn't currently possible without either creating separate records for proforma/normal invoices, or keeping history of just the old proforma number. But since the proforma numbers can be reused, searching by proforma number could yield multiple results.

what i have understand from your response is that fixing reused numbers in proforma will not be soon , for this reason the other issue has no fix now , if blesta fix reused proforma numbers in the system, other issue can be fixed , because the reused numbers in proforma now is a blocked for other issue .

I think some history needs to be saved in order to accurately list invoices and their earlier proforma number. As you mentioned, the current re-use of proforma numbers should be removed as well, otherwise duplicate proforma numbers could result, and it would further add to the confusion.

Why not add 2 new fields:

1st- On Company, to store next Pro-forma invoice to be generator (this way we always know the next number)

2nd- On Invoive table, to store the old Pro-Forma number, and then display that number in a new colum on Client Invoices listings

I think (for what I have tested), is only a couple of lines do be changed on core files, nothing to hard, and it will not interfer with what is alredy made :)

:blesta:

Why not add 2 new fields:

1st- On Company, to store next Pro-forma invoice to be generator (this way we always know the next number)

2nd- On Invoive table, to store the old Pro-Forma number, and then display that number in a new colum on Client Invoices listings

I think (for what I have tested), is only a couple of lines do be changed on core files, nothing to hard, and it will not interfer with what is alredy made :)

:blesta:

and add another filed in Invoive table to store client info as array .

• 2 months later...

Hello Paul :)

The biggest problems with blesta so far is:

- EU Full compiled

- Domain Managment

All outher things are secundary because we can build new Plugins/Modules or ask a DEV to do it, like the "Newsletter Plugin" or the "Afilliate Plugin" etc.. all of us can live without it, we have 3rd party scripts for free that can coexist with Blesta, but we cant add EU Full compiled code or the new Domain functionality because it mess with core functions. (I hope Lisencecart dosent see this post lol, just joking Mike :blesta: )

so all are agreed with the EU INVOICING SYSTEM should be the next major release .

what i can insist in it 2 thing :

client info in the invoice row (to prevent edit invoice info).

keep the proforma_id in the invoice row , for tracking and search .

I agree, ofcourse, I need it badly :blesta:  ;):P

• 2 weeks later...

Problem: As I saw in webhosting talk: "the way it handles rounding for the transactions, the system stores the values to 4dp in the db so things like tax rules (as mentioned earlier in thread) and auto foreign exchange rate calculations lead to unexpected results because Blesta does the math to 4dp but Paypal for e.g. only cares about 2dp so the user could pay an invoice and suddenly end up with a 1c credit without knowing what went wrong."

CORE-1742 in 3.5.1

Problem: Total tax, is not being saved in database on "invoice_lines" table. The value must be saved because rounding issues, this way we have to alwaes calculate tha VAT that was in that time to try to get the correct VAT/TAX total. For exemple for the Vat MOSS to work I have to make extra calculations to make it right, but there are companies that like to round value in Total of the invoice, and people that like to round in total for each line.

CORE-1742 in 3.5.1

• 1 month later...

New problem added on first post:

Problem: Custummers dosent have a Country Select Box to select "Country Tax" to show on Services and on Checkout (yes, i know after register the VAT is recalculated).
Solution: Add an option or better yet a BOX to show (wen pro forma is enable in admin) on any Blesta Page wen enterying for the first time, (If not Logged In), to select a Country Flag with a warning telling its to show prices with country VAT.
Exemple:
country_tax_select.jpg

• 2 months later...