Simplify Managing And Adding Packages

EidolonHost

Hi,

Is there a way to... oh, I don't know, simplify creating a product to sell for instance. That's very simple in WHMCS. in blesta you have to create a package group, a package, a product, also create the product in a provisioning module, and create a form for orders. In WHMCS you create a product, and you're done.

Well, more or less done in WHMCS. But that's basically it. I have to admit, after I discussed this with a partner, I realized they were right when it comes to setting up packages and products.

Can we move towards emulating WHMCS in this fashing? :c

Hi,

Is there a way to... oh, I don't know, simplify creating a product to sell for instance. That's very simple in WHMCS. in blesta you have to create a package group, a package, a product, also create the product in a provisioning module, and create a form for orders. In WHMCS you create a product, and you're done.

Well, more or less done in WHMCS. But that's basically it. I have to admit, after I discussed this with a partner, I realized they were right when it comes to setting up packages and products.

Can we move towards emulating WHMCS in this fashing? :c

You only need to make a product in a module if you are using the "Universal Module" if you don't use that you don't need to make one and if you are only using it without any fields you can use it for every product you need you don't need to remake them.

All you need to do is:

- Package Group (Webhosting, Domains, Licenses)

- Order Form (webhosting,shared,reseller,licenses,domains,register)

- Packages (Per product).

It's simple and how it should be.

You only need to make a product in a module if you are using the "Universal Module" if you don't use that you don't need to make one and if you are only using it without any fields you can use it for every product you need you don't need to remake them.

All you need to do is:

- Package Group (Webhosting, Domains, Licenses)

- Order Form (webhosting,shared,reseller,licenses,domains,register)

- Packages (Per product).

It's simple and how it should be.

It seems to be, yeah. At least, for domains. I'll be checking on other packages here shortly.

There are some changes planned for simplifying packages, including not requiring a module to be specified. What people do now is go to create a package, and realize that they need to at least install the Universal Module and create a Universal Module product. That's a pain. There are other changes also, the Package create/edit page layout is going to change significantly. We also plan to allow modules to define "default" welcome email content, so you can get up and running more quickly and tweak it later as needed.