Windows 10?

Alexander Orlov

I installed it a while ago and reverted back shortly after. Very recently installed it again and have to say, I'm rather liking it. A lot more than the previous Windows. I'm having some issues mainly related to getting updates but other than that, it seems pretty smooth.

Nope. Windows 8 sucks, so I'm guessing it's pretty good. XP - Good, Vista - BAD, Windows 7 - Good, Windows 8 - BAD, Windows 10? 

When is the official release expected?

IIRC they're hoping to get things stable by the end of July. Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users will get a free upgrade to Windows 10  during the first year of Win 10's release.

I'm not currently using it, but I hope it's an improvement over Windows 8 because it drives me nuts.

It has improved a lot :).

I used the developer preview, and what i would say is i hate windows and thank god i don't use it anymore lol

What do you use? I haven't been a fan of Windows in a decade, but I use it because I have to. I have Windows, Linux, and OSX on my desk every day, and I use them all, each for different purposes.

I am like Paul, I use different OS's for different purposes however,

I was a big fan of XP back in the day

Vista... lets not go there

7 - Redeemed themselves

8.. waste of time

8.1 better but still not XP/7 standard 

10.. I use windows 10 of a daily basis, From what i have seen it is going to be a fantastic release and prob the best OS they have ever released. It looks like they have taken all the good things from xp/7/8.1 and combined to make an awesome OS

Obviously this is still in development and a lot can still change but i am very impressed so far.. You got to expect some bugs etc

I like the fact that it will be Free for the first year and it will encourage consumers to upgrade.

From what i hear they hope to have it polished off by middle of September

Cortana is going to be a very welcome addition to windows 

What do you use? I haven't been a fan of Windows in a decade, but I use it because I have to. I have Windows, Linux, and OSX on my desk every day, and I use them all, each for different purposes.

I use OSX on an iMac and Linux Elementary OS on a Dell Laptop.

One thing is a con for me in the OSX, which is that its Microsoft Office version does not support Arabic Language, while the Windows version supports it, however, there are some alternatives for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I use OSX on an iMac and Linux Elementary OS on a Dell Laptop.

One thing is a con for me in the OSX, which is that its Microsoft Office version does not support Arabic Language, while the Windows version supports it, however, there are some alternatives for it.

Have you tested openoffice ?

I switched 6 years ago, I even do not need a microsoft computer, all is now using linux, but I'm not a gamer, just business & computer network, coding ;-)

If all people move to linux, I suspect we will get virus, as the scamer-mafia that created big software (they spend millions) to hack your bank account or known what you type as password, are all made for microsoft untill now.

It's crazy by today there are banks not having second key factor (moving second key), when login at online bank.

In EU all banks do have it since many years, in Belgium it's since more than  10-15 years, but I discovered than in US, Bank of America do not have it, so if you are a microsoft user & at Bank of America it's like you have a label on you, "PLEASE STOLE ME"

In EU all banks do have it since many years, in Belgium it's since more than  10-15 years, but I discovered than in US, Bank of America do not have it, so if you are a microsoft user & at Bank of America it's like you have a label on you, "PLEASE STOLE ME"

Haha, you're right though. Most american banks do not offer true 2FA. They like to ask "Security Questions", where it's easy for an attacker to find all the answers on your Facebook account. I think that's how attackers stole over 100k peoples information from the IRS - http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/05/irs-crooks-stole-data-on-100k-taxpayers-via-get-transcript-feature/

Windows 8 pro and love it :)

I'm not a fan of closed systems like windows but in windows I have several software licenses that I use daily, in the other hand I have in my Hyper V almost all OS (Maverick,CentOS,Windows XP) for Dev proposes :)

I already pre request a windows 10 upgrade because it will be for free to all Windows 8.1 users like me :)

Love new things/toys eheh

Haha, you're right though. Most american banks do not offer true 2FA. They like to ask "Security Questions", where it's easy for an attacker to find all the answers on your Facebook account. I think that's how attackers stole over 100k peoples information from the IRS - http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/05/irs-crooks-stole-data-on-100k-taxpayers-via-get-transcript-feature/

Some banks are even worse, they force you to login to your online bank account service using a username and password (as usual and no problem here), but whats not usual and is a serious problem is forcing you to login using these details in addition to your credit card PIN code, and proudly advertising it as an extra layer of security :wacko:

Just do better : add DNA login to Blesta.

Login with your blood! haha 

I would like to see something better than passwords coming.    ...but it's always a new "second factor" method.  It never really change the problem : passwords.

Just do better : add DNA login to Blesta.

Login with your blood! haha 

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but using DNA as a password would be a hacker's dream come true. You shed DNA all over the place (hair, skin, spit, etc.) and it would be trivial for anyone to get ahold of it. The general "rule" is that if something uniquely identifies you, it could be a username, but not a password.

Carl said:

I would like to see something better than passwords coming.    ...but it's always a new "second factor" method.  It never really change the problem : passwords.

I think you missunderstood how it's work (since about more than one decade for 99% EU banks), by using a second factor, it's mean you have added a new layer of security to the user/password, as just after using that most common second factor, is you need to type a "moving key", so if your user/password couple is stolen (by viral software that know what websites you are connected with, what user/password you used), it's will be stopped to re-use it by the moving key they can not know as it's change every time.

The "moving key" depending of method, can come by :

- SMS

OR

- Email (better that SMS, because if you travel, depending of countries, you will not get your SMS)

Or you have a little "digipass", it's like a micro-device that display new key every x mins but synchronized with the bank system or with, or other

etc.

Off course there are many other methods, but these above are some of the most common