Home Directory /blesta/ On A Vestacp Install.

phireuk

Question

Hi

I installed Blesta yesterday on a vestaCP VPS.

All working fine.   The reason I chose vestaCP was because it has LAMP + fail2ban out of the box with no config needed. 

So since installing, people land on my site http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/blesta

I read how you can change the root director in the database in the table [settings] > [root_web_dir]

my URL here currently reads

/home/admin/web/hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/public_html/

So my question is, does anyone know the way I can make the home page become.

http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/

and not

http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/blesta/

Thanks for looking =)

After I have done this (then my next task will be force HTTPS + SSL cert.)

10 answers to this question

Hi

I installed Blesta yesterday on a vestaCP VPS.

All working fine.   The reason I chose vestaCP was because it has LAMP + fail2ban out of the box with no config needed. 

So since installing, people land on my site http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/blesta

I read how you can change the root director in the database in the table [settings] > [root_web_dir]

my URL here currently reads

/home/admin/web/hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/public_html/

So my question is, does anyone know the way I can make the home page become.

http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/

and not

http://hosting.xxxxxxxx.uk/blesta/

Thanks for looking =)

After I have done this (then my next task will be force HTTPS + SSL cert.)

Put the files for blesta in the in the public_html folder.

Put the files for blesta in the in the public_html folder.

Thats what i presumed but didn't want to break anything, when searching the only reference I could find was the root_web_dir thread which made me think twice.

Thanks for your help & the quick reply.

Loving Blesta so far compared to WHMCS

The Root Web Directory setting is configurable through the admin interrface under [settings] -> [system] -> [General]. No need to manually edit the database.

But if you installed it by directly unziping the 3.x.x blesta zip file (packaged in the blesta dir), and running the installer, then the correct root does not show in settings>system>general, not sure if that's unique to vestaCP installs (don't see how it could be).

It shows

/home/admin/web/hosting.xxxxxxx.uk/public_html/

not

/home/admin/web/hosting.xxxxxxx.uk/public_html/blesta

anyway moved it manually now and all's good.

Can't wait to make a Vesta, Blesta sandwich...Thats Vesta running Blesta controlling another vesta.

But if you installed it by directly unziping the 3.x.x blesta zip file (packaged in the blesta dir), and running the installer, then the correct root does not show in settings>system>general, not sure if that's unique to vestaCP installs (don't see how it could be).

It shows

not

anyway moved it manually now and all's good.

Can't wait to make a Vesta, Blesta sandwich...Thats Vesta running Blesta controlling another vesta.

it doesn't show the Blesta folder it shows the Root folder.

it doesn't show the Blesta folder it shows the Root folder.

Well yes, Exactly.  so therefore not possible to change (the root domain URL) from settings if you didn't install in directly in root (public_html), but in a sub folder.   I think the installer should point this out, especially as it's packaged in a folder called Blesta inside a zip called blesta.  #justsayin

Well yes, Exactly.  so therefore not possible to change (the root domain URL) from settings if you didn't install in directly in root (public_html), but in a sub folder.   I think the installer should point this out, especially as it's packaged in a folder called Blesta inside a zip called blesta.  #justsayin

Haha the guys never used to put it in a folder but people complained :)

It shows

not

The root web directory is expected to be the system's root web directory, not Blesta's installed web directory. The cron needs to know this information, for example, to properly generate URL's used in email templates. If the value is incorrect, links in emails may not be valid either. You should check emails sent automatically by cron to make sure the links are working properly.

Haha the guys never used to put it in a folder but people complained :)

You can't win ;)

You can please some of the people all of the time or all of the the people some of the time...

The root web directory is expected to be the system's root web directory, not Blesta's installed web directory. The cron needs to know this information, for example, to properly generate URL's used in email templates. If the value is incorrect, links in emails may not be valid either. You should check emails sent automatically by cron to make sure the links are working properly.

Yes thanks.  I already notice the cron.  simple to adjust though.  all running well now.  thank for your help.