How Can I Test To Make Sure Cpanel Settings Are Good?

sunrisepro

Question

I just set Stripe to test mode and went through the checkout process with a package.

I received thre emails immediately:

• a welcome email with a link to Blesta's client area
  • an 'payment received' email for the first month
  • an 'invoice due (copy)' email with a pdf copy of the paid invoice

So far, I didn't get the package welcome email. When I checked WHM, there is no new account. So something is not right.

When I go to the package settings, I see that there are now 19 available instead of 20, so that's a positive.

Support had noted that if the Cpanel module settings had saved that meant that Blesta was able to connect. So I must have made a mistake elsewhere.

I just set Stripe to test mode and went through the checkout process with a package.

I received thre emails immediately:

• a welcome email with a link to Blesta's client area
  • an 'payment received' email for the first month
  • an 'invoice due (copy)' email with a pdf copy of the paid invoice

So far, I didn't get the package welcome email. When I checked WHM, there is no new account. So something is not right.

When I go to the package settings, I see that there are now 19 available instead of 20, so that's a positive.

Support had noted that if the Cpanel module settings had saved that meant that Blesta was able to connect. So I must have made a mistake elsewhere.

To debug this:

- Check the logs: tools > logs > modules > cPanel > click the row. See if there are any errors?

- How big was the username the module only accepts 8 digits long unless you do the edit.

- What do the package have for the modules, etc (can you show us a screenshot)?

Has the order been approved? Look on the Billing > Overview page. Do you see an "Orders" widget? If not, click Manage Widgets and drag it from the right to the left. That will put the widget on the Billing Overview page. Has the order been approved? If not, it must be approved first. Only paid pending services are provisioned, so the invoice must also be paid.

If those conditions are met, your cron will try to provision the service within 5 minutes. Is your cron active and working? Check Settings > System > Automation, does it have a recent last run date? You can try running it manually here if your cron is not working properly.

If the service is listed as a pending service, and the cron has run, there may be an issue. Check the module logs as Mike mentioned under Tools > Logs > Module, click the row to expand and display the raw input/output.

To debug this:

- Check the logs: tools > logs > modules > cPanel > click the row. See if there are any errors?

- How big was the username the module only accepts 8 digits long unless you do the edit.

- What do the package have for the modules, etc (can you show us a screenshot)?

1. In the logs, there are two rows for cPanel (one around the time of the order and another 20 min earlier). When I click on the rows, there are two subrows that both show success (for both entries).

2. When I check the client info it looks like it had email as username but is that just for Blesta?

3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6WeM7T2vt-LXJVbG83d21zc00/view?usp=sharing

Has the order been approved? Look on the Billing > Overview page. Do you see an "Orders" widget? If not, click Manage Widgets and drag it from the right to the left. That will put the widget on the Billing Overview page. Has the order been approved? If not, it must be approved first. Only paid pending services are provisioned, so the invoice must also be paid.

If those conditions are met, your cron will try to provision the service within 5 minutes. Is your cron active and working? Check Settings > System > Automation, does it have a recent last run date? You can try running it manually here if your cron is not working properly.

If the service is listed as a pending service, and the cron has run, there may be an issue. Check the module logs as Mike mentioned under Tools > Logs > Module, click the row to expand and display the raw input/output.

1. Seemingly yes. When I go to Billing > Overview I see some nice green numbers for revenue. There's nothing in Manage Widgets for an 'orders' widget - just the same Billing Overview that's already there. When I go to Billing > Transactions it shows as approved.

2. Seems good, says 'The cron last ran on May 06, 2015 5:45PM.'

3. See above.

Would it make any difference that I'm using Stripe in test mode? I figured that was a way to test the whole process out.  In any case, I checked WHM again and there's nothing. I'm wondering if it's an issue with my host, who has some crazy security settings in place (not sure what exactly but it's easy to get locked out).  I'm open to getting a new host for reselling, if anyone has a recommendation.

1. In the logs, there are two rows for cPanel (one around the time of the order and another 20 min earlier). When I click on the rows, there are two subrows that both show success (for both entries).

2. When I check the client info it looks like it had email as username but is that just for Blesta?

3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6WeM7T2vt-LXJVbG83d21zc00/view?usp=sharing

1. Seemingly yes. When I go to Billing > Overview I see some nice green numbers for revenue. There's nothing in Manage Widgets for an 'orders' widget - just the same Billing Overview that's already there. When I go to Billing > Transactions it shows as approved.

2. Seems good, says 'The cron last ran on May 06, 2015 5:45PM.'

3. See above.

Would it make any difference that I'm using Stripe in test mode? I figured that was a way to test the whole process out.  In any case, I checked WHM again and there's nothing. I'm wondering if it's an issue with my host, who has some crazy security settings in place (not sure what exactly but it's easy to get locked out).  I'm open to getting a new host for reselling, if anyone has a recommendation.

The username for cPanel mustn't be a email but a random or basic 8 digits or less.

And try using Any server group and the package.

Where do I make a client do that? I didn't see an option when making the order form?

The any server is on the package page you made a screenshot for us to see. Server group Any then server name and then package.

As for the username I believe clients and yourself can set them when making the service.

Can you confirm that my package settings are ok?

Also, when I look at the order form it says

Authentication
Use email as username
Specify a username

If emails aren't allowed than this is something that would constantly cause a problem.

I went ahead and tried another test, specifying the username as 'username' (to keep it to 8 characters). I waited a few minuted and there was no new account in WHM. I'm suspecting an issue with my host, who installed Blesta.

Can you confirm that my package settings are ok?

Also, when I look at the order form it says

Authentication
Use email as username
Specify a username

If emails aren't allowed than this is something that would constantly cause a problem.

I went ahead and tried another test, specifying the username as 'username' (to keep it to 8 characters). I waited a few minuted and there was no new account in WHM. I'm suspecting an issue with my host, who installed Blesta.

No no that's the "Account" not cPanel account.

There seems to be confusion on what the username affects.

On an order form, when a customer is asked to register for an account, that is for a client account in Blesta--not for cPanel. When ordering a cPanel package from the order form, a customer is only asked for a domain. The cPanel username and password is automatically generated and created in cPanel if it does not already exist.

If you're having trouble getting a cPanel service to be synced up in Blesta, try adding the service as an admin from a test client you have in the system. Click the Add Service link as shown in this screenshot under Actions on the left. You can set it to "Do not invoice" for the service, and then create it. The service should be provisioned immediately, and appear as an "Active" service in Blesta. If that occurs, then your cPanel settings are correct. In that case, the issue you're probably having is that the orders from the order form are set to require manual approval, and you simply have not manually approved them yet, as Paul mentioned earlier.

Take a look at the order form by editing it under [Packages] -> [Order Forms] and see if you have a checkbox checked for "Require Manual Review and Approval of All Orders". If so, all orders placed on the order form will not be created until you manually approve them for activation.

To manually approve an order, you must have the Orders widget installed, which is available under [billing] -> [Overview]. If you do not see an Orders section when you go to that page, you need to add it to the page by clicking "Manage Widgets" on the left. A pop-up will appear. Drag the "Order System" box to the left side of the pop-up, then close it. The page will refresh and the Orders widget will appear on the page. A table listing will show all orders. A green check icon indicates the order was approved, and a red X icon indicates it has not been approved.

To approve an order, click the checkbox next to the order in the table listing. At the bottom of the table, to the right, an option will appear called "Mark as:" which will allow you to mark the checked orders as a different status (Accepted, Fraud, or Canceled). Setting it to "Accepted" and clicking "Update Orders" will mark the checked order as approved. Once it is approved, the service will be provisioned automatically when 1) the invoice for that service is paid and 2) when the cron runs to provision paid pending services.

OK - I'm on my new host and I copied all the settings from my original Blesta install. I have one order form and 'Require Manual Review and Approval of All Orders' was not checked. I created an order with a test client and their service is in 'Pending' stage. I'm guessing I missed another setting somewhere? I did receive the 'Payment Received' email so that should not be an issue.

OK - I'm on my new host and I copied all the settings from my original Blesta install. I have one order form and 'Require Manual Review and Approval of All Orders' was not checked. I created an order with a test client and their service is in 'Pending' stage. I'm guessing I missed another setting somewhere? I did receive the 'Payment Received' email so that should not be an issue.

If the invoice was paid, and the service is a pending service, then it should be activated within 5 minutes via your cron. Is your cron running correctly?

Guessing not because everything at /admin/settings/company/automation/ says 'Never.' I just sent a ticket to my host to see if the php location in the cronjob is correct or not.

Probably not you are using cPanel right? does it have /usr/local/bin/php ?

My bad - I missed the /local/. My cronjob starts with */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php

I don't see any options to edit the cron job - where can I do that?

If you're creating the cron in cPanel, then you can leave off the */5 * * * * from the beginning, and just make sure the path to PHP is correct. The cron should run every 5 minutes.

My bad - I missed the /local/. My cronjob starts with */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php

I don't see any options to edit the cron job - where can I do that?

I believe cPanel has a edit button, but I haven't used it for years. cPanel likes to different than most linux control panels so you need that local.