Is Blesta An Option For Dedicated?

Razva

Question

Hey folks,

Long-time WHMCS & HostBill user here. Long story short, WHMCS told everybody that it doesn't plan to support dedicated servers, even in their new version, and HostBill is a general expensive mess. So here are my 2 cent questions:

1. Can Blesta offer any support for field logic? Example: if customer selects 2 drives, only 2 drives & specific RAID configs will appear.

Here's an example of what happens when you select 2 drives:

x6vRvhY.png

And here's what happens when you select 3 drives:

r4848NY.png

2. Does Blesta support Proxmox, or is there any *stable* commercial/free add-on that offers such a feature?

3. Does Blesta have multilanguage support? In HostBill you can generate your own language strings, like {$lang.customline001}, edit their value in each language, than use it anywhere. Here's an example.

You generate the string:

jRqsuoH.png

You translate the string:

XRZ4TNg.png

The system shows the result, in the selected language (even in the admin section):

L632QX3.png

These are my biggest concerns. I really appreciate your answer. Thanks!

My exact point. Most startups collocate or rent servers from DCs or other bigger providers. So I don't think NOC-PS is a top-priority, but at least basic functions. Don't get me wrong, having something advanced would be really nice, but at least let's have something basic. :)

That's the idea with my module. That's why I specifically stated what the module can and cannot do.

Of course, if people want to have the other functionality added, that's fine by me. But by and large, this module is meant to simply let you create dedicated/colo servers and assign them to clients so they can see the details and the like.

There's no actual ability to manage the server from the module.

Edit: @Ravza, my question of the reseller functionality was directed at Max. :P I apologize for the unintentional confusion.

Of course, if people want to have the other functionality added, that's fine by me. But by and large, this module is meant to simply let you create dedicated/colo servers and assign them to clients so they can see the details and the like.

Sorry but I'm not a Blesta user, I'm basically checking the demo page after each update. Is your module offering the possibility to add a server, with a specific configuration, as a product? Because if so, that's what most of us need. You add the product (server), add it to a group and sell it. When the user orders, it has to select each option from the ones you've previously configured. Is this the case of the addon you are currently writing?

Sorry but I'm not a Blesta user, I'm basically checking the demo page after each update. Is your module offering the possibility to add a server, with a specific configuration, as a product? Because if so, that's what most of us need. You add the product (server), add it to a group and sell it. When the user orders, it has to select each option from the ones you've previously configured. Is this the case of the addon you are currently writing?

That's correct.

If you look at KIHWUmm.png

... notice the Description section?

And the Configurable Options?

This is indeed the case for the module I'm working on.

I've been working on getting the module to work properly for each of the actions you'd expect to do, so I apologize for the lack of images that show specific actions at work because I don't have it all working just yet. As soon as it all works, I will be updating the last 3 images and adding more images showing each action with all the options filled in, just as you normally would expect.

I've been working on getting the module to work properly for each of the actions you'd expect to do, so I apologize for the lack of images that show specific actions at work because I don't have it all working just yet. As soon as it all works, I will be updating the last 3 images and adding more images showing each action with all the options filled in, just as you normally would expect.

This is great, thank you so much! Any chance of getting the other items (HDDs, RAID, Control Panels, IPs) added? It'll offer me an incentive to try Blesta. :)

This is great, thank you so much! Any chance of getting the other items (HDDs, RAID, Control Panels, IPs) added? It'll offer me an incentive to try Blesta. :)

The items you're asking about can be configured with Configurable Options.

See the documentation for Configurable Options for more detail.

Best place to do this. Sorry, but I'm not going to be adding those options to the module.

I'll update the readme.md on Github and in the thread to include a link back to the Configurable Options document.

Edit: @Max: That's unfortunate but understandable.

Edited by Keiro

In the past i have write a small module that add servers , the same idea as kerio is adding now . I have some more complexe task that was designed to add like conditional logic , i have success in design the code in the module -client side- the only obstacle i have front is the pricing term , that was the reason that i have abandonned that module .

But finally i will help in that module when i get some free time this week .

Yeah, adding conditional logic is an absolute necessity for this module... I realized this when I was trying to mess with config options.

Obviously, since conditional logic won't be coming until much later... this'll be fun. Hopefully we'll be able to make it work here until it can be added to the core.

So... while I said I wouldn't add it, I'm now changing my position to: I'll add it... but not directly. That is, others can add conditional logic support to this module. I myself have basically 0 idea how one would even implement conditional logic here.

So look for that to come in a future module update.

If Javascript is not your thing, there are standard jQuery plugins to simplify that and let you describe form dependencies in the form HTML.

E.g. https://github.com/renvrant/conditionize.js

the same logic that was used by boss ( Naja7host) used for old work , the probleme is the price and not the javascript logic code .

as the price is difined in the package term , so is not possible to override the price depending in  flieds selected or not in the package .

but Naja can give more details in this .

the conditional logic was made inside the client add fields in the module .

Do you have special needs such as that the fields need to be generated dynamically, that you put it there?

If not, it might be easier to add the conditional logic code to the configurable options instead.

As in:

•  add a couple extra columns to "package_options" table. E.g. "depends_on_option_name" "depends_on_option_value"
  •  adds some code to generate the Javascript based on the database information and attach it to the form with $fields->setHtml() in app/models/package_options.php PackageOptions::getFields() - or set the right attributes of the individual form elements there if using a solution like conditionize.js.

Downside does is that it requires changing core files, but chances are you need to do that anyway.

Hello forum people! :)

I just read through this thread, and I'm not really sure where everything is at right now.

I am looking for software that I can use to allow customers to basicly customize every aspect of an dedicated server.

What I basicly want is this:

A) 

1. Customer looks at a list of different server types, and chooses one that is suitable for them. For example "Supermicro, Single Xeon E3v5".

2. Customer gets to choose what CPU they want for their dedicated, how much RAM they want, what HDD/SSD's they want etc. All these options have to be customizable for each different product(server type).

The thing is, I also want them to be able to choose HW/SW raid, and based on what they choose it should tell them for example "This configuration requires 4 identical HDD's"

Opposite to thread starters picture I want to be able to tell the system that "Ok, this 1U server has space for 4 HDD's", and that the customer can choose 4 different HDD/SSD if they want to.

B)

Customer can choose what contract length they want, but keep monthly payments.. 
Example: 
Customer A chooses a server with 36 month contract time, paid monthly.

Customer B chooses 12 month contract, but now the one time fee goes up to X amount of money, and the monthly payment has also increased based on their shorter contract time.

Is this something that Blesta can do?

Displaying different options based on the selection of an option (Show more hard drives when selecting Hardware RAID, for example) is considered field logic. This is planned per CORE-1708.

The contract time could be a simple config option that adds a monthly surcharge to the base package price which you'd set for the longest contract term. This you could do now. You can also have config options for many other fields, like processor, RAM, disk, control panels, etc so long as they don't require field logic (Until we complete CORE-1708).

Displaying different options based on the selection of an option (Show more hard drives when selecting Hardware RAID, for example) is considered field logic. This is planned per CORE-1708.

The contract time could be a simple config option that adds a monthly surcharge to the base package price which you'd set for the longest contract term. This you could do now. You can also have config options for many other fields, like processor, RAM, disk, control panels, etc so long as they don't require field logic (Until we complete CORE-1708).

Thank you for your reply.

I do however think that you are referring to wether the customer pays for 1 month, 12 monhts or 36 months.

In all these cases I want monthly billing (Unless the customer wants something else), I just want the customer to know that they are bound by the contract for a certain amount of time.

"Select menu of 'show', 'hide'"

What about being able to select something in another block based on selection?

Example:

Option HDD1 is set to SAMSUND_HDD_1000, but HDD2 is set to "None".

Option RAID is then set to "RAID0". HDD2 is now automatically set to same as HDD1.

Or even validation of such fields.. Above example gives user notice "Error: RAID0 requires two harddrives"

Thank you for your reply.

I do however think that you are referring to wether the customer pays for 1 month, 12 monhts or 36 months.

In all these cases I want monthly billing (Unless the customer wants something else), I just want the customer to know that they are bound by the contract for a certain amount of time.

You would set up the term as 1 month, for the cheapest amount (probably the longest contract term). Then, create a config option that adds $x/mo for say month to month contract, $x-y/mo for semi-annual, and $0 for annual, for example. Blesta will not track contract length, but if you are handling cancellations then you can assess whatever penalty is necessary for early cancellations.

"Select menu of 'show', 'hide'"

What about being able to select something in another block based on selection?

Example:

Option HDD1 is set to SAMSUND_HDD_1000, but HDD2 is set to "None".

Option RAID is then set to "RAID0". HDD2 is now automatically set to same as HDD1.

Or even validation of such fields.. Above example gives user notice "Error: RAID0 requires two harddrives"

We discussed that internally, though looking at the task I'm not sure if it is mentioned. I've commented on the task for clarification.

On 12/06/2015 at 7:31 PM, Paul said:

There is now a task for config option conditionals (field logic), CORE-1708. No ETA at the moment

Guys..."no rush"...but it's almost 2018. Should I just drop interest for Blesta? I don't want to be rude but two years of constantly checking this thread is beginning to be frustrating. :unsure: