Service Term End Dates

AdamDG

Question

Is there a way to define the end date of the service terms to be the last day of the service term, rather than the first day of the next term?  Some of our clients find it confusing that invoices show terms of, for example, Jan. 1 - Feb. 1 and Feb. 1 - Mar. 1., rather than Jan. 1 - Jan. 31 and Feb. 1 - Feb. 28.  The way that it is now seems to imply that the first day of every month is actually part of 2 terms.  This is not a major problem, but does cause some confusion and it would be nice to be able to change it to the format I noted, which is more customary to our clients.

5 answers to this question

The end date is not currently editable in that way. The service end date is the date that it next renews, which are both the same day because they are both at the same moment.

I can see from the display of the date range that it may not be clear due to the perceived overlap, but that is open to interpretation. You may encounter just as many customers that are confused about the other way of writing the date ranges.

The interpretation may vary on context as well, e.g.

"I work Monday - Friday" - Monday through Friday

"I work 8:00 - 5:00" - I work 8 am to 5 pm.

Instead of reading it as "From <date> through <date>", it may make more sense to read it as "From <date> to <date>", which is how the system interprets it.

Would it make more sense if the date was written more explicitly to this point? e.g. as "(Jan 1 to Feb 1)" instead of "(Jan 1 - Feb 1)"?

I think that using "to" instead of "-" might be slightly clearer, however, for my client base, I think that the most clear and least confusing way to specify the term would be to use "through" and specify the last day of the term as the end date.  Ideally, this would be a configurable option, since preferences obviously differ.

On 5/4/2023 at 5:11 AM, vkt said:

may i know any option for this, let the invoice showing 5-Feb-2023 - 4-Mar-2023 ? (now the system showing 5-Feb-2023 - 5-Mar-2023) thank you ~

The dates include time. A user may sign up at say 11am on Feb 5th, in which case the service coverage for 1 month would be 11am Feb 5th through 10:59:59am Mar 5th. Feb 5th to Mar 5th, but neither Feb 5th or Mar 5th are for the entire day.