Cpanel Account Provision "an Internal Error Occurred, Or The Server Did Not Respond To The Request."

century1stop

Question

Good day folks,

Wonder if you could help me out with this. Account creation in administration section (no invoice generated) gets this message, "An internal error occurred, or the server did not respond to the request." but account gets created in cPanel. There is of course no creation email or any active service from Blesta since error occurred.

Any idea what the problem is? 

Thank you.

8 answers to this question

Erm thanks but the thread did not provide a solution.

However, I do have Mod_Security and Zamfoo running. Firewall has TCP IN 2087 / 2086 allowed.

I would remove Zamfoo before you get exploited it's insecure pile of crap. And try disabling ModSecurity or check their logs.

You are right, zamfoo was the culprit. Care to shed some light to the situation? Is it because Blesta blocked zamfoo for insecure elements?

Blesta doesn't touch your server. But I would say it's because Zamfoo is a custom plugin for cPanel and not registering when using the API. But Zamfoo is so insecure you are allowing your customers to take over your server. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275572

You should also check the Module Logs under [Tools] to see if cPanel generated a more specific error from that action.

nope. log only showed hostname

Blesta doesn't touch your server. But I would say it's because Zamfoo is a custom plugin for cPanel and not registering when using the API. But Zamfoo is so insecure you are allowing your customers to take over your server. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275572

Thanks, more importantly the script doesn't make my server vulnerable to external attacks. Resellers I can settle effectively. Well, issue settled, thanks a bundle.