Wh**s Price Increase, Just Crazy, More Than Double Yearly Support & Update

serge

Incredible increase, for yearly support & update, just  2.2 factor

yesterday price X 2.2 = new price

they said they never did increase in 8 years, but doing now such jump, is just crazy, better to have yearly increase than do more than double price from a day to an other.

ok, even as them being UK company, and selling in USD. 

If we check rate GBP vs USD  it's about no more than 10% conversion rate change over last 5 years, so the explanation of such increase is not there

Yeah they are probably doing it because cPanel need their money back because they invested a lot into it to find out it's not giving much back, or they are power hungry like their faster support for $30 per ticket.

cPanel certainly "saved" WH**S after they was hacked

If I say my opinion over at Web Hosting Talk forums certain biased staff members come flying in at warp speed to defend wh??s. My opinion is: this is what happens when you outsource your coding to third world dev companies in India that underpay their workers and treat them poorly. Employee turnover at those places are extremely high. You never see leaked or nulled Blesta floating around the Internet, I wonder why? The answer is simple, Blesta team is dedicated and have self interest at hand so I do not see any scenario where a Blesta coder would suddenly decide to leak a cracked version of their software. I've always believed that the same people who write the code for wh??s were responsible either wholly or in part for the hacks and cracks of wh??s. Cheap labour based on exploitation and super high profit margin of greediness is not very customer centric at all. This is my opinion.

If I say my opinion over at Web Hosting Talk forums certain biased staff members come flying in at warp speed to defend wh??s. My opinion is: this is what happens when you outsource your coding to third world dev companies in India that underpay their workers and treat them poorly. Employee turnover at those places are extremely high. You never see leaked or nulled Blesta floating around the Internet, I wonder why? The answer is simple, Blesta team is dedicated and have self interest at hand so I do not see any scenario where a Blesta coder would suddenly decide to leak a cracked version of their software. I've always believed that the same people who write the code for wh??s were responsible either wholly or in part for the hacks and cracks of wh??s. Cheap labour based on exploitation and super high profit margin of greediness is not very customer centric at all. This is my opinion.

Not going to hide this but there are some leak ones around Paul and I spot them and he sends a DMCA, I have to say though there's not many thankfully.

Not going to hide this but there are some leak ones around Paul and I spot them and he sends a DMCA, I have to say though there's not many thankfully.

They aren't leaked by our staff. People use tools to reverse ioncube encoded files, and also add malicious backdoors to the code. It's not safe to use nulled software, and it's not fair to the developers. Bottom line is, those that want to steal will steal.

Our competitor is feeling rather confident in their pending v6 release by announcing a price increase. I see far more people express disappointment in the pending release than joy.

We'll respond to their price increase by continuing to offer Blesta at the same great price we started with. Well written software by skilled developers at a fair price.

They aren't leaked by our staff. People use tools to reverse ioncube encoded files, and also add malicious backdoors to the code. It's not safe to use nulled software, and it's not fair to the developers. Bottom line is, those that want to steal will steal.

Our competitor is feeling rather confident in their pending v6 release by announcing a price increase. I see far more people express disappointment in the pending release than joy.

We'll respond to their price increase by continuing to offer Blesta at the same great price we started with. Well written software by skilled developers at a fair price.

Oh did he say leak woops :P too early in the morning.

I think wh*** will be losing more of their clients in near future .. simply because commercial steps does not work by their way, and thats the main point.

If they are developers let them stick into that kind of work, and stop doing stupid inexperienced commercial moves. 

Adding 100% fees for the same service they are doing everyday is not wise.

In my opinion, they are expecting (or already happens) seeing people quitting wh***, therefore, the increment is done to try to cover the loss of leaving clients.

when a company need cash, better they add a muti-year option being less expensive in proportion than just double price of the same product.

also regarding software or internet service, even when you are or had been popular, it's difficult to stay in such cycle more than few year and after 5-10 years the whole market or technology change, so it's not just upgrade needed but really an other software to re-build with new standard or new customer requirements and if you do not slightly anticipate, you become what is AWBS is by now.

Can someone paste the email? Want to see how much they're charging now.

Edit: found it! 

As a customer of WHMCS, we want to sincerely thank you for choosing our software to run your business. If you're like us, you know great billing software that automates your operations is one of the critical success factors of any business.

We are writing to you today to announce a price increase for the Support & Updates service associated with your Owned License.

Support & Updates is an optional service which grants you access to the latest software updates for WHMCS and the ability to contact our technical support team whenever you need them.

Next month, WHMCS will introduce its first price increase in over 8 years for the renewal cost of Support & Updates. The price for a 1 Year renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95. At the same time, we will also be introducing the ability to renew for 6 Months at a cost of $59.95.

Between now and 22nd June 2015, you can extend your current support and updates agreement for an additional 12 months and take advantage of today's pricing of $44.95. Click here to renew now »

We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months.

We appreciate your business and look forward to successfully assisting you with automating your operations and providing you with features that help drive your business, and provide you with expert technical support in times of need.

• 2 years later...
On 5/25/2015 at 9:30 AM, HostKnight said:

Can someone paste the email? Want to see how much they're charging now.

Edit: found it! 

As a customer of WHMCS, we want to sincerely thank you for choosing our software to run your business. If you're like us, you know great billing software that automates your operations is one of the critical success factors of any business.

We are writing to you today to announce a price increase for the Support & Updates service associated with your Owned License.

Support & Updates is an optional service which grants you access to the latest software updates for WHMCS and the ability to contact our technical support team whenever you need them.

Next month, WHMCS will introduce its first price increase in over 8 years for the renewal cost of Support & Updates. The price for a 1 Year renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95. At the same time, we will also be introducing the ability to renew for 6 Months at a cost of $59.95.

Between now and 22nd June 2015, you can extend your current support and updates agreement for an additional 12 months and take advantage of today's pricing of $44.95. Click here to renew now »

We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months.

We appreciate your business and look forward to successfully assisting you with automating your operations and providing you with features that help drive your business, and provide you with expert technical support in times of need.

no wonder the owned license I have with whmcs is so expensive to renew the support and upgrades for and why I dumped whmcs to use blesta instead :blesta: as I can get a whole year of blesta upgrades for less or more than half of paying whmcs just for the 6 months updates :blesta: