Domain + Hosting Order Template

Blesta Addons

the order plugin need a new template or changing the way has the actual one work for domain+hosting .

the main market is the hosting , normally the actual one has a lock of trivial option in the domain check page , is "use my own domain" .

also the way has the transfer check is confusing . normally the hosting order should be like this :

page 1 : check availibity , option to chose transfer, option to chose use own domain (the best if blesta can add option to use a domain for subdomain choose ).

page 2 : select hosting , or not just the domain .

page .. : regster , pay ..

the actual looking/structure is not adecuate for domain+hosting market .

Order other products != use your domain .

with a simple search in this forum i found a lot of thread talking about the same subject , selling domains + hosting with blesta has some obstacle .

really blesta shoud take care of this subject , the main market for billing sotware is the hosting industries . blesta is perfect now for selling other products .

the actual looking/structure is not adecuate for domain+hosting market .

Order other products != use your domain .

with a simple search intis forum i found a lot of thread talking about the same subject , selling domains + hosting with blesta has some obstacle .

really blesta shoud take care of this subject , the main market for billing sotware is the hosting industries . blesta is perfect now for selling other products .

I don't understand if you don't want to "Register or transfer a domain" you click Order other products, and then pick your package and just enter it in the domain box... If you have a domain in your cart it includes it automatically.

What's so hard about that?

What's so hard about that?

Yes , is hard . every market has it own concept of use , and it own tructure of use .

we don't need the client ot be losed in the order form if they click other product . also what is the meaning of other product ? normally is hosting industry , domain + hosting , or just domain or just hosting , any other product related should  be addons (privacy , ssl, dedictated ip , ...ect ) . i will not tell you see how competitors done this , but test any hosting provider that use it own system to see how it should work , like OVH , HOSTDIME , HOSTPAPA ....ect

all they let you

1 - choose the host package,

2 - select domain (register/transfer/use your own) ,

3 - select addons ;

4 - then registration and payment .

OR 

1 - select domain (register/transfer/use your own) ,

2 - choose the host package,

3 - select addons ;

4 - then registration and payment .

and to be clear , we want help blesta in improuving the aspect of thier mecanism , we are not againts IT.

You can't just put hosting, because if you are selling resellers with a domain it would be weird because you want a "reseller only"... so what are they both? Products... They aren't a domain so they are "other" products... 

i'm talking just about hosting + domain , for resellers i will make another order form .

normally every group of product should be in thier own order  form .

i'm talking just about hosting + domain , for resellers i will make another order form .

normally every group of product should be in thier own order  form .

But your missing the point it's a Domain and Other order form "Type". Nothing to do with order forms.

I'm agree with naja7host.

We selected Blesta to sell other web services.

After years, we're moving to sell also hosting but objectively there are a few limitations on it: first of all, the way to sell hosting > domain as described by naja7host, especially useful when we want to sell hosting package with a free domain included (as a great number of providers do).

We tried with a few old clients that wanted buy some hosting plans: at the end... we done a live chat support to guide the user.

As Licensecart often says, a few clients aren't the rule but my question is: why the majority of hosting resellers do differently?

Sorry, for my poor english

Unfortunately blesta still dont target the "big money" (domains) and its more focus on (services) than (hosting) or (dedicated/cloud)

Blesta can gain a big BOOM (and we as clients also gain more with this boom) if in the next release (3.6 I hope) focus only on (Domains)

naja7host and a.daniello is right blesta should change the system as it is, is very confusing for new custummers.

1- Client goes to the website and click on "Buy Hosting"

2- Client choose hosting and options for hosting and is redirected to choose one of the options:

a) Regist a new domain

b] Transfer a domain

c) Alredy have a domain

3- After choosing the right option, if a) or b] with will choose the domain options, and is redirected to the cart to login or creat an account.

if the client on the website clicks on regist or transfer a domain, then the way should be:

1- it checks the domain avaliability and shoes the options:

a)if available shows price and continue button,

b] if its not available shows an option to transfer and the transfer price of the domain and the continue button

2- after that shows the options for that domain and continue

3- now, if this is a must, show an warning that the domain dosent have any hosting package, and an option to choose a hosting option or continue without hosting package

a) if it choose to add a hosting package, show all available hosting packages for that group and the options for that hosting

b]  if choose to not add the hosting, then is redirected to the cart to finish

there are many ways to do this, but this exemple and the naja7host are some of the good ways :)