Still Request Mass Mail Feature

Doctrine

Nope I don't need anything I'm stating that 4 out of the forum users isn't a lot see that poll from ModulesBakery there's a lot more active users. Yes they are important and yes they will be done but everyone thinks otherwise. I myself I don't care since Blesta works out of the box for most of my customers, and yes most of them sell domains and hosting and yes they are active on the forum too.

A poll under users that evaluated Blesta, but did not become a customer, would be more interesting.

Maybe it's time for another poll. Maybe we'll create on and send it out with the 3.5 release announcement email.

Don't put multiple choice . Just one choice per user . Or mqke 2categories , one poll for modules abd other for plugins .

And im still in my point of view. Domain manager will port more points to blesta that the mailer plugin .

Don't put multiple choice . Just one choice per user . Or mqke 2categories , one poll for modules abd other for plugins .

And im still in my point of view. Domain manager will port more points to blesta that the mailer plugin .

Again if that's the case it would have more already because apparently "more people want it", you can't just come up with that fact without it happening, as the saying goes... Action is better than words, if you say something and no-one does it already then you just have words...

For example, I could say we're bigger than LicensePal... That's words... The action (numbers) is we aren't and LicensePal is bigger customer wise and visitors, the numbers wouldn't match what I'm saying.

Another one, when WHMCS has the big exploits, a lot of people said they was moving from them... what happened..? only a few moved others complained after the next update in a thread and some people used the saying "thought you was leaving them"... action speaks louder than words...

As I understand Paul, He said "We can get mass mail plugin while planing and working on better domain menager" ,well if  it is posible to do it without delaying to much domain menager I woud say it is good solution, but we all have different needs when it comes new  plugin/gateway/module and for every user his request is MOST important  :),it is important to make some list of most needed futures and maybe poll can be good solution for making some list.

I remeber we are talking about mass mailing future long time ago  and in that time I sugest looking in to IP board mass mailing tool(i'm using it now for mailing clients  till Blesta plugin pop up) and it has option to set number of sent e-mails per cycle and this is important for company with huge clients base.And if I had to chose Domain menager or mass mailing I woud say domain menager but I respect fact that other users are maybe in need for something other and poll can solve this.

just  a addition ,

Domain Manager = Core business .

Cpanel Module = Core business .

SSL Module = Core business .

Mass Mailing  = Tools .

Affiliate System = Tools .

i'm NOT against mass mailer , is a essential thing in the system , but we prioritize the things.and as PualoV explained , we can use a third party system tools to achieve the result, but the domain manager , we can't use any third party tools to achieve the result .

that is the case and that is the important .

just  a addition ,

Mass Mailing  = Tools .

i'm NOT against mass mailer , is a essential thing in the system , but we prioritize the things.and as PualoV explained , we can use a third party system tools to achieve the result, but the domain manager , we can't use any third party tools to achieve the result .

I agree ,this is something which is more important in this moment.

just  a addition ,

Mass Mailing  = Tools .

But you can sell cPanel accounts, you can sell SSLs with the two modules, you can sell domains... that's the core(s) as you say. The only issue is there's issues with renewing....

NO,

for domain a lot of reseller like using default registrar nameservers vs setup their own., so that why they NEED AT BLESTA CORE , customers be able in customer area to edit DNS record in Blesta VS always connect manually to the registrar account to set customer wanted DNS record at every customer request...

NO,

for domain a lot of reseller like using default registrar nameservers vs setup their own., so that why they NEED AT BLESTA CORE , customers be able in customer area to edit DNS record in Blesta VS always connect manually to the registrar account to set customer wanted DNS record at every customer request...

So you want them to be able to set what? A records, child nameservers? that's not technically important as you can most of them on cPanel / InterWorx / Plesk / etc. Yes the module(s) need to be more advanced if the API supports it but how is that a HIGH PRIORITY?

So you want them to be able to set what? A records, child nameservers? that's not technically important as you can most of them on cPanel / InterWorx / Plesk / etc. Yes the module(s) need to be more advanced if the API supports it but how is that a HIGH PRIORITY?

@Licensecart just because something isn't a high priority to you doesn't mean it's not a high priority to someone else.  Who are you to tell someone what's important to them or not?  You constantly run around these forums bashing anyone with an opinion different than yours, or *gasp* anyone who's critical of Blesta.

@Licensecart just because something isn't a high priority to you doesn't mean it's not a high priority to someone else.  Who are you to tell someone what's important to them or not?  You constantly run around these forums bashing anyone with an opinion different than yours, or *gasp* anyone who's critical of Blesta.

Nope if people can use the basics there's no need to say something is high priority Blesta does that based on how many people want and need it. Extras can come when they can do them. And I don't need to use capital letters (shouting) if I don't expect it back.

And I'm not bashing anyone or saying they don't need or want it I see what people call the "Big picture"... Or maybe it's because I'm a Brit and like a bit of patience, or it's I know it's a lot of work for three people and they put it on a list. Or maybe it's people expect a lot from a small development team. Don't like what I say don't reply to me, and I won't reply back.

@licensecart:

NO,

allowing customer to edit DNS record is very important, and you CAN NOT use DNS editor from ( cPanel / InterWorx / Plesk,...) when using default (white-label) nameserver from your registrar (or only if your registar resell you also webhosting),

its' a matter of zone delegation, when you use default white-label nameserver from your registar, you have to use DNS editor from your registrar or an DNS editor connected to registrar API, that why all other billing hosting sofware I know DO HAVE DNS editor and this editor have function that map to registrar DNS record functions, within the registrar module.

@licensecart:

NO,

allowing customer to edit DNS record is very important, and you CAN NOT use DNS editor from ( cPanel / InterWorx / Plesk,...) when using default (white-label) nameserver from your registrar (or only if your registar resell you also webhosting),

its' a matter of zone delegation, when you use default white-label nameserver from your registar, you have to use DNS editor from your registrar or an DNS editor connected to registrar API, that why all other billing hosting sofware I know DO HAVE DNS editor and this editor have function that map to registrar DNS record functions, within the registrar module.

Well we can on InterWorx just make a DNS record so you can put ns3.domain.com ns4.domain.com pointing to the IP and boom child nameservers.

Want a domain to point to another IP, make the record and it works. That's how I did our VPN record no need to use Resellerclub to do it.

And you can stop using capital letters please... All billing systems? Don't see any on Hostbill and then it would cost $99 extra.

ClientExec, from the demo I can see you can set nameservers and park a domain to an ip, not sure why anyone would do that. And you can set-up the nameservers on Blesta... so what other system does?

Well we can on InterWorx just make a DNS record so you can put ns3.domain.com ns4.domain.com pointing to the IP and boom child nameservers.
Want a domain to point to another IP, make the record and it works. That's how I did our VPN record no need to use Resellerclub to do it.

What you describe is zone delegation to your nameservers, and what I was saying is when the blesta merchant want to use nameservers from registrar, so what you describe is completely the oposed to the case I was saying

I would kindly sugest you learn about what is zone delegation.

and regarding other billing software, yes in their domain management section, editing dns record is just feature of each regisrar module,

http://hostbillapp.com/hostbill/domainmanagement/registrars/

but same for whmcs (I still use)

clientexec, etc.

you should not confuse with managed dns service addon that is used when the merchant want setup his own namesers and offer hosted DNS even for external domain.

But you can sell cPanel accounts, you can sell SSLs with the two modules, you can sell domains... that's the core(s) as you say. The only issue is there's issues with renewing....

This is my last reply in this thread , we are here not to fight or to demonstrate that our ideas are more important than other ideas, but we are here to give the blesta staff a road how to win more and POTENTIAL clients , and what is the locking features and the best improuvement just blesta need to add SPECIALLY for the HOSTING market .

blesta accept it or reject it , that is thier decession and not our choice .

blesta is the only billing software that has a poor solutions for HOSTING market (at this moment) , regaring other competitor like WHM** , Client****, Boxb*** , AWS* ..... we have found this by experience and testing others solutions . excluding this point, and some minor feature , blesta is the solid, secure and the best ...

the most users using blesta , thier are a big probability to have new plugins/modules/gateways.... either free or paid , that way the blesat can have a large base of addons for defferent use .

I can not agree more with naja7host

few developpers here including me will be able to create registrar modules, but for allow customers to edit DNS record, we will be creating form, tab in blesta customer area, but these form/table in fact should be created at the CORE and use blesta new api function in the purpose to map with registrar api to create/update DNS records.

If not, each developpers will be developping a new dns interface & method to interact with a given registrar, it's not so hard to do, but it's a no sence, as it's will be different depending of each developpers, and this part just should be native, and any of us (developper) that will create something now, just know it's a lose of time because later Blesta team will standardize/create form and API functions that are missing by now.

few developpers here including me will be able to create registrar modules, but for allow customers to edit DNS record, we will be creating form, tab in blesta customer area, but these form/table in fact should be created at the CORE and use blesta new api function in the purpose to map with registrar api to create/update DNS records.

Yes, and not just for domain modules, but also for all other modules.

It should not be the module's task to create an user interface, unless the module has special needs.

With another billing software package, modules can just inherit a common class for that product type and specify which of the common fields they use:

Much less duplication than requiring each module to have its own add_row/edit_row/manage views and a language file with pretty much the same strings.
class MyModule extends HostingModule{    protected $description = "My module";    protected $serverFields = [        'ip'           => true,        'username'     => true,        'password'     => true,        'ssl'          => false,        'status_url'   => false,        'hostname'     => false,        'maxaccounts'  => false,        'hash'         => false    ];    [....]}