Accepted Payment Types

mattd28

Question

9 answers to this question

ACH is basically a bank transfer. When you create a payment account you can create one for credit cards or ACH. Most people do not accept ACH, so you may wish to disable ACH. If you only accept PayPal or another non-merchant gateway, you may wish to disable both Credit Card and ACH, which will prevent customers from being able to create Payment Accounts that they can't use.

Payment Accounts are exclusive to merchant gateways. If you want to accept credit cards through a merchant gateway, credit card should be enabled. If you want to accept ACH through a merchant gateway, ACH should be enabled.

Edit: Stripe is a merchant gateway, so you'll want credit card enabled. Our Stripe gateway does not currently support ACH (Not sure Stripe supports ACH at all) http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Stripe

Hey guys -

I am using the Stripe Merchant Gateway and I have both Credit Card & ACH enabled (Stripe does support ACH btw), however I am logged in as a client and I have entered in the test numbers provided by Stripe and successfully created the Payement Account but it is not showing as an option in the dropdown menu after its been set up?

Screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/WQ5aL2U.png

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Hey guys -

I am using the Stripe Merchant Gateway and I have both Credit Card & ACH enabled (Stripe does support ACH btw), however I am logged in as a client and I have entered in the test numbers provided by Stripe and successfully created the Payement Account but it is not showing as an option in the dropdown menu after its been set up?

Screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/WQ5aL2U.png

Am I missing something? Thanks.

The Stripe module doesn't have ACH supported yet: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5812-stripe-ach/?hl=stripe

3 hours ago, Morningstar said:

So If I accept 2checkout and paypal what option should I select?

What option should you select when? When "Recording Payment" - manually adding a transaction as an admin? You can select whichever option makes sense. IF you have 2checkout and PayPal installed though, the customer should be able to make payment with those methods and the transaction be applied automatically to their account. In that case, there's no need for you to select either.

2checkout and PayPal are both non-merchant gateways, meaning the user can pay with them by name. They leave Blesta to complete payment, and then return. CC & ACH options are intended to work with merchant gateways like Authorize.net, Stripe, and others where the customer completes the payment all within Blesta.

On 8/29/2018 at 6:52 PM, Paul said:

What option should you select when? When "Recording Payment" - manually adding a transaction as an admin? You can select whichever option makes sense. IF you have 2checkout and PayPal installed though, the customer should be able to make payment with those methods and the transaction be applied automatically to their account. In that case, there's no need for you to select either.

2checkout and PayPal are both non-merchant gateways, meaning the user can pay with them by name. They leave Blesta to complete payment, and then return. CC & ACH options are intended to work with merchant gateways like Authorize.net, Stripe, and others where the customer completes the payment all within Blesta.

2checkout doesn't actually apply transactions automatically. I created a forum topic regarding this issue but got no reply: