Plesk Automation Issue

mattd28

Question

So my host enabled remote API to allow automations on Plesk 12 but on Blesta it gets as far as creating the account for the user in Plesk but the webspace module fails as an access denied

Is this a setting they need to change or is this something on my own Plesk Admin account that's not set right ?

11 answers to this question

So I have my Blesta CP installed under my main account on Plesk 12

When you process the new account the system creates the account in Plesk for the customer without an issue but when it gets to creating the webpsace it throws an access denied see the screen shot

post-11240-0-19392900-1433428787_thumb.p

When blesta is installed on same server as plesk you will probably have issue with restarting server every time creating account.Solution is to set service restarting  few seconds after account is created,if you are already do this then use some debugger extension and debug error(firebug will do the job)

Install firefox extension firebug and than in right corner you will have firebugg icon(well icon is a Bug so you will know which is :)),click on it to turn it on and console will pop up at botom ,then try to create account(or refresh page if already there) and you will see all requests and responses in console .Errors will be red colored.

And this will show me the exact error when connecting from Blesta to Plesk ? What would I be looking for ?

Also I was curious to ask since that screen shot I provided shows it passes half way through the automation process wouldn't it indicate my account used to create hosting is being denied access from the server side rather than an issue with Blesta ?

You will see GET ,POST...etc lines with responses and requests ,errors (if have)will be  red colored ,than if find errors click on that line and then click at response tab to see details and you will see error.for example "error 2xxxx Oh noes mysql server has gone...etc" in short you will see detailed error and from that you will know where to look for solutions

Also I was curious to ask since that screen shot I provided shows it passes half way through the automation process wouldn't it indicate my account used to create hosting is being denied access from the server side rather than an issue with Blesta ?

Yes and firebug will show you error response from your server,those GET and POST lines you see in console are requests blesta send to your server through module and if it pass line will have OK 200 response if not it will send error response,it can be anything .for example low conection timeout value or max alowed packet size value in mysql.ini settings or apache is restarted ...etc ,that is why it is important to see error.

I don't see how Firebug will help resolve this issue. The API requests don't originate from your browser.

As the log states, Plesk denied the API request to add a webspace due to a permission issue. So check your Plesk account for what permissions your API user has access to, as it appears to be limited.

Check you plesk subscriptions, Make sure you have Plesk 11.5 set on the module as still it does not show Plesk 12. If all is ok, try restarting the server. I still have 1 server running on Plesk 12 and It connects all ok with Blesta. 

And just a question, after activation; does blesta successfully create the client account withing Plesk and fails with the subscription alone?

post-10485-0-38625000-1433445108_thumb.p

Check you plesk subscriptions, Make sure you have Plesk 11.5 set on the module as still it does not show Plesk 12. If all is ok, try restarting the server. I still have 1 server running on Plesk 12 and It connects all ok with Blesta. 

And just a question, after activation; does blesta successfully create the client account withing Plesk and fails with the subscription alone?

So yes it creates the customer account, even lists the added domain but fails to create the web space and then just stops in mid processing there and shows access denied.