Clock In --- Clock Out System

Michael

Ok so this may not ever happen to Blesta but I think it would make this billing system one step further away from the competitiors. I believe it should be an extra module like you pay for it like the Licensing system (In development).

Staff Logs in

Staff clicks Clocked in -> Sets start time. (00:02) -> Alert Administrators "{staff_username} logged in $num minutes late."

*Shift starts*

{staff_username} viewed {page_title} (00:02)

{staff_username} viewed ticket $num (00:03)

{staff_username} replied to ticket $num (00:03)

{staff_username} viewed {page_title} (00:04)

*{staff_username} went idle at 00:05*

{staff_username} viewed {page_title} (00:10)

{staff_username} viewed ticket $num (00:10)

{staff_username} replied to ticket $num (00:11)

{staff_username} clocked out -> Sets finish time. (00:13)

*shift finished*

Updates shift table -> Start Time (00:02) -> Finish Time (00:13) -> Idle Time (00:05) -> Time Worked (00:06) -> Staff Name ({staff_username}) -> Day (Monday) -> Date (24-06-13)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start Time --> Time they clocked in.

Finish Time --> Time they clocked out.

Idle Time --> Total time they didn't do anything.

Time Worked --> Total Time from Start to Finish taking away the Idle time.

Staff Name --> The Staff name.

Day --> Day they worked (Monday - Sunday)

Date --> Date they worked.

Just an idea I did inform Paul about this sort of idea before but this is just an advanced version and public for comments about it and maybe you might see the team have done it for a extra module for a price :)

Clocking in and out is one thing....logging every page view? Seems a bit extensive 

----

they could be working in other windows (like researching a problem), so "idle" time doesn't seem feasible here?

Well It's like this really.

Anyone can log in -> Clock in at 9am

then don't do anything and come back at say 4pm and then clock out.

There's no evidence they did anything.

That's my opinion though :D

Well It's like this really.

Anyone can log in -> Clock in at 9am

then don't do anything and come back at say 4pm and then clock out.

There's no evidence they did anything.

That's my opinion though :D

Well that seems to depend on your business practices and how much you trust your staff...

I mean, you'd have logs of any replies they made to support tickets, logs of any newly activated accounts, etc....

If this is the case, why don't you install one of those screen recording applications and monitor everything they do all day on any website or program?

------

You could install a third party stat counter in your admin section, so you'd see the page views per shift?

I can't help but wonder, if you have staff you don't trust, then don't have them as staff. Seems strange to employ and pay somebody only to not trust them to perform their job.

A good employer should know that if they are away (holidays, ill, etc), their staff can perform without them. Isn't running a business based on the idea that it eventually runs itself autonomously so you can just sit at home, getting fat and rich?

Disclosure: This is all based on personal preference/opinion and might seem really weird to some people.

Of course, this get's off topic...

Another approach would be to write a report plugin to generate an overview of what has happened by which staff member. It would track every move but would give you an indicator as to whether they are actually doing things while at work. (Other than browsing FB of course :)).

Another approach would be to write a report plugin to generate an overview of what has happened by which staff member. It would track every move but would give you an indicator as to whether they are actually doing things while at work. (Other than browsing FB of course :)).

That's what this would do but also helps you work out how many hours they have worked so you can pay them.

LIke I work as-well at Britannia. We have to clock in by telephone in the morning though Waitrose's telephone. It's the only way you can clock in you can't do it by your mobile or any other phone.

You clock off for lunch and clock back on and also have to phone up to clock out. They use it to work out your hours and pay you.

LIke I work as-well at Britannia. We have to clock in by telephone in the morning though Waitrose's telephone. It's the only way you can clock in you can't do it by your mobile or any other phone.

You clock off for lunch and clock back on and also have to phone up to clock out. They use it to work out your hours and pay you.

As per my original post, clocking in and out is one thing. It's all the other monitoring that seems to be extensive..

I get that you want to know what your staff did, but can't they send you an email at the end of their shift as to what happened? It's what I used to do at one of my previous jobs.

At HostingCon this year Cody and I went to a session by Douglas Hanna from A Small Orange titled "Making a Remote Workforce Happen". I was interested to know how you can be sure your remote staff is working (Even though we have no remote staff). His answer was that you pretty much just know. Of course, you have to be paying attention but at the end of the day, check on productivity.. did they get anything done? How much?

At HostingCon this year Cody and I went to a session by Douglas Hanna from A Small Orange titled "Making a Remote Workforce Happen". I was interested to know how you can be sure your remote staff is working (Even though we have no remote staff). His answer was that you pretty much just know. Of course, you have to be paying attention but at the end of the day, check on productivity.. did they get anything done? How much?

My Manager at Britannia Parking pops up now and again at random, just to ensure I'm not cheating the system, which I wouldn't because I love working :) even though they don't care about this contract anymore *cough* Have a issue takes them months to do it now, then I don't blame them because it's not much of a contract anymore.