Addservice Method

AllToolKits.com

Question

Hi,

addService method of Module is getting called when i create a new service and also when i change status of a service from pending to activate.

Is there a way i can distinguish between those two calls ?

That's i would like to know weather the addService is called to add a new service or it's called to change  status.

How i can understand that ?

3 answers to this question

A module's addService method is called when the system determines the service is being added using the module, whether or not a pending/draft/etc. service already exists in Blesta or if it's being added concurrently. The module is not given enough information to make a distinction on this difference, and it is out of the module's scope to do so.

So what does your module do that you think it needs to make this distinction?

From module i am adding a domain.   When adding i check weather the domain already exist or not

$details = $this->Services-> searchServiceFields($module_id, "serv_options1", $domain);
if($add) {
            $rules['serv_opt1']['unique'] = array(
                            'rule' =>   empty($details) ? true:false ,
                            'message' => "Domain " . $domain . " already exist"
            );
 }

I don't want  the above rule if  the status is changing, so need a way to know that fresh creation of service or status change is going on.

Take a look at this post. There is not a way to perform unique checks on service data at the time it is being added without updating the core to support it.

I'm not sure your unique domain rule is a very good one though. If a service is canceled in Blesta that uses a specific domain, your rule would not allow that same domain to be ordered again for a subsequent service.