[Updated][Module] Universal Server Module - Manage Dedicated Servers And Colocation

Abdy

Who said steal code? I said integrate. 

NOC-PS has an publicly published and advertised API provided for this exact reason -- integration of NOC-PS into other software/modules.

The NOC-PS module isnt worth $.50 cents without having NOC-PS license and service.

I don't think Max would mind if someone integrated NOC-PS into another module and by doing so, actually gave NOC-PS a much stronger business case for anyone who isnt a customer yet, to go over to Max and start paying him or those who are currently customers, a strong case for them to remain such.

The NOC-PS module is integrating back into NOC-PS via the API exactly the same way.

Who said steal code? I said integrate. 

NOC-PS has an publicly published and advertised API provided for this exact reason -- integration of NOC-PS into other software/modules.

The NOC-PS module isnt worth $.50 cents without having NOC-PS license and service.

I don't think Max would mind if someone integrated NOC-PS into another module and by doing so, actually gave NOC-PS a much stronger business case for anyone who isnt a customer yet, to go over to Max and start paying him or those who are currently customers, a strong case for them to remain such.

The NOC-PS module is integrating back into NOC-PS via the API exactly the same way.

the NOC-PS module is released in open source and under GPL as i think . i don't see any conflict here, and violation of term .

the client pay for service and not for how an when he should use the API .

one thing here is you need to make your own module and merge in it what you want unless @max accept changing thier module .

the NOC-PS module is released in open source and under GPL as i think . i don't see any conflict here, and violation of term .

the client pay for service and not for how an when he should use the API .

Our module is indeed LGPL, as indicated in the module:

* May be distributed under the terms of the LGPL license.
 * In plain English: feel free to use and modify this file to fit your needs,
 * however do NOT ioncube encode it.
 * The source code must be available to anyone you distribute this module to.

So no, it wouldn't violate the terms if you borrow parts of it and put it in your own module.

Again, I am not very comfortable with the module in this thread submitting end-users' passwords to a third party, and would not recommend our customers to use it.
But no, it wouldn't violate our terms, if anybody combined the two.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paul locked this topic