Upgraded Server To Php 5.5 After Upgrading Blesta To 3.5 Yesterday

JoieDeMort

Question

So I feel stupid right now.

I upgraded blesta yesterday to 3.5. Then this morning I upgraded the server to 5.5 from 5.3 totally forgetting about the hotfix issue.

I tried to access the dashboard this morning and got this error:

file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/../../../../../../home/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxxxxx:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) on line 2 in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/blestainstalldirectory/app/app_model.php

Of course, I then remembered the hotfix. I tried uploading those files then with no resolution. Then I reuploaded the entire blesta 3.5 and tried to run upgrade. Still gives me that error.

What do I do now to resolve this? php is not my forte.

11 answers to this question

Thanks so much for your input! Apparently when the support tech updated php, easyapache integration wasn't enabled within litespeed, so the server php version was updated but the litespeed php version was not. Once that was fixed, everything works as it should

Again thanks for all of your input! Hopefully, this experience goes in the back of your mind as something to check next time something weird happens associated with litespeed.

Now that EA is finished, no more 500 error.

Back to this error:

file_exists() [<a href='function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/../../../../../../home/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxxxxx:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) on line 2 in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/blestainstalldirectory/app/app_model.php

Any ideas?

That error means that your open_basedir restrictions are too strict.  It's not allowing php modules to run in the directory, I haven't used cpanel in a while, but there should be a setting in WHM that controls open_basedir (look for security settings)

though seeing this "ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so" in that error message is telling me that php is still trying to use ioncube for php 5.3

You need to move the ioncube_loader.so files to the new one.

Yes. When you run EasyApache you can select Ioncube, if you did it should work. If not you can install it manually. Download the "Loader Wizard" here - https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

Upload it to your site, run the wizard in your browser. It will walk you through what you need to do.