Payment Gateway Sepa

mmangold

Question

Hello,

I have problems to understand the payment accounts architecture.

I am from germany. We are using the european SEPA standard.

The bank accounts in europe have IBAN and BIC fields (IBAN is the bank account and BIC the bank identifier).

Currently it is not possible to use blesta within europe because it is not possible to save the IBAN and BIC informations.

How can I do this. I tried to develop a customized module but I have problems to understand the architecture.

I think I need a additional payment type (CC and ACH are not usable for this).

We want to generate every month a SEPA debit file for our bank. (it is a xml file)

P.S.: I have no use case to use multiple payment methods. Normally the customer use only one, isn't it ? I did not understand the whole concept.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards

Michael

12 answers to this question

Existing thread: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1983-extra-fields-for-sepa-direct-debit-european-ach/

P.S.: I have no use case to use multiple payment methods. Normally the customer use only one, isn't it ?

100% of your customers agree to SEPA direct debit?

Here most corporate customers would refuse that, and demand an invoice they can pay by normal bank transfer instead.

Hi Max,

the existing thread is over a year old without process.

Not 100% but round about 90% of our customers agree to SEPA direct debit. In Germany it is absolutely normal to pay your contracts via direct debit.

IMHO is blesta currently not usable by german (and maybe european) customers/providers

nearly every billing software (with european customers) supports sepa.

"gateway" is the wrong word. The billing software generates a xml file every month. This xml file is uploaded to our bank. It is "offline" based billing.

The billing process of the module should look like:

[cron triggers on every first of the month | or manual] --> [getAllOpenInvoicesFromCustomersWithSepa] --> [generateSepaXmlFile] --> [setAllInvoicesToBilledAsStatus]

On the Admin-Page a supporter are downloading the XML file and upload it to our bank (this process can be also automated but it is not necessary)

There are a lot of good PHP classes on github for generating SEPA XML files.

the existing thread is over a year old without process.

Still think it would be better to bump the existing threads, instead of creating a new one.

Not 100% but round about 90% of our customers agree to SEPA direct debit.

So you do support multiple payment methods for the other 10%, in which case I think I misunderstood your comment.

In Germany it is absolutely normal to pay your contracts via direct debit.

For consumers it is pretty common here (the Netherlands) as well.

Not so much for companies. Often the person placing the order needs approval from someone else to get the payment done, and wants an invoice first for that.

---

is there any gateway for this in other billing software ?

Billing systems that were written for the European market (e.g. wefact.nl) typically have a module for it by default.

For most others there are third-party extensions.

it should not have  gateway , is better i thing to have report import tools .

Implementing it as MerchantAch module should be fine.

Just need to have some extra input fields in the "add account" screen as mentioned before.

SEPA direct debit needs a couple fields more than American ACH.

On 7/15/2015 at 8:50 PM, Wouter said:

I'm currently developing a gateway for SEPA direct debit with batch support and the ability to export to XML. Let me know if you're interested in this gateway, it should be ready soon (~3 weeks).

I am very interested in the gateway. Is there anything new about it? / Ich bin sehr an dem Gateway interessiert. Gibt es dazu etwas neues?