Ability To Resend Welcome Email

I've done this, pretty roughly.

./app/models/services.php - add this method 

+	/**
+	 * Resends a welcome email.
+	 *
+	 * @param int $service_id The ID of the service to resend the welcome email for.
+	 */
+	public function resendWelcomeEmail($service_id) {
+	
+		extract($this->getRelations($service_id));
+		
+		// Resend the service's welcome email.
+		$this->sendNotificationEmail($service, $package, $service->client_id);
+		
+	}

Replace in getActions method:

public function getActions($current_status = null) {

$actions = array(
+			'resend_welcome_email' => $this->_("Services.getActions.resend_welcome_email"),
 			'suspend' => $this->_("Services.getActions.suspend"),
 			'unsuspend' => $this->_("Services.getActions.unsuspend"),
 			'cancel' => $this->_("Services.getActions.cancel"),

./app/controllers/admin_clients.php

switch ($this->post['section']) {
 					case "action":
 						switch ($this->post['action']) {
+							case "resend_welcome_email":
+								$this->Services->resendWelcomeEmail($service->id, $this->post);
+								break;
 							case "suspend":
 								$this->Services->suspend($service->id, $this->post);
 								break;

./clients/language/en_us/services.php

+$lang['Services.getActions.resend_welcome_email'] = "Resend Welcome Email";
 $lang['Services.getActions.suspend'] = "Suspend";
 $lang['Services.getActions.unsuspend'] = "Unsuspend";
 $lang['Services.getActions.cancel'] = "Cancel";

• 2 weeks later...

I've done this, pretty roughly.

./app/models/services.php - add this method 

+	/**
+	 * Resends a welcome email.
+	 *
+	 * @param int $service_id The ID of the service to resend the welcome email for.
+	 */
+	public function resendWelcomeEmail($service_id) {
+	
+		extract($this->getRelations($service_id));
+		
+		// Resend the service's welcome email.
+		$this->sendNotificationEmail($service, $package, $service->client_id);
+		
+	}

Replace in getActions method:

public function getActions($current_status = null) {

$actions = array(
+			'resend_welcome_email' => $this->_("Services.getActions.resend_welcome_email"),
 			'suspend' => $this->_("Services.getActions.suspend"),
 			'unsuspend' => $this->_("Services.getActions.unsuspend"),
 			'cancel' => $this->_("Services.getActions.cancel"),

./app/controllers/admin_clients.php

switch ($this->post['section']) {
 					case "action":
 						switch ($this->post['action']) {
+							case "resend_welcome_email":
+								$this->Services->resendWelcomeEmail($service->id, $this->post);
+								break;
 							case "suspend":
 								$this->Services->suspend($service->id, $this->post);
 								break;

./clients/language/en_us/services.php

+$lang['Services.getActions.resend_welcome_email'] = "Resend Welcome Email";
 $lang['Services.getActions.suspend'] = "Suspend";
 $lang['Services.getActions.unsuspend'] = "Unsuspend";
 $lang['Services.getActions.cancel'] = "Cancel";

i got a idea of plugin , maybe i will write a plugin just for resend welcome email without hacking the core files :)

yes and yes ....

but until that time , it worth a small plugins for those who didn't know/want to change core files :)

If it's not right there on the manage page, it defeats the purpose. In this case I might as well just copy and paste the password and email it out, since I have to navigate to the plugin.

Can't stress enough that this should be core.

This plugin would only be for the service correct? Is there a way to also re-send their client area welcome email? I agree these functions should come included in Blesta for sure.

Thanks!

basically is possible also , but i have not make a deep look for the default welcome email on registration . but as we have a username/pasword stored in database it can be resent .

if i had more time i will check this in profond .

If it's not right there on the manage page, it defeats the purpose. In this case I might as well just copy and paste the password and email it out, since I have to navigate to the plugin.

Can't stress enough that this should be core.

my plugin has 2 click to re-send password without to enter the service manage page .

in client profile page

resend welcome email (action staff link) --- choose a service from the list ---- submit button ---- you are done !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

On my side, i've added those infos right below the place where you can change the cPanel password in the clientarea.

...and i also added the same infos in the service tab's list for hosting packages.  See attachment for an example.

This just took 5-10 minutes of work to do, and we get much less requests of this kind  :)

I prefer to see our customers login to Blesta instead of getting those infos by email.  ...cause they barely never change their passwords, unless the system ask for it, and even if they got the email, they won't know more where they need to go to change their password.

Question : does Blesta will implement SSO with cPanel?  Seems like this could be another alternative to help customers to remember how to login...

post-10622-0-75313300-1438639363_thumb.p

Hi

On my side, i've added those infos right below the place where you can change the cPanel password in the clientarea.

...and i also added the same infos in the service tab's list for hosting packages.  See attachment for an example.

This just took 5-10 minutes of work to do, and we get much less requests of this kind  :)

I prefer to see our customers login to Blesta instead of getting those infos by email.  ...cause they barely never change their passwords, unless the system ask for it, and even if they got the email, they won't know more where they need to go to change their password.

Question : does Blesta will implement SSO with cPanel?  Seems like this could be another alternative to help customers to remember how to login...

SSO is coming shortly see: CORE-1596, TastycPanel already has it but that's a paid feature.

Hi

i have liked the idea to list pop and smtp and ftp  setting in the service info tab .

• 1 month later...

See https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1786 for re-generating and emailing welcome emails.

i heve done it for you :)

Plugin done and released for free here http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5074-plugin-resend-welcome-email/ .

description taked from the Paul's JIRA CORE-1786 .

added also in blesta marketplace .

• 1 month later...

No reason this shouldn't be in core, it's hardly bloat.

I agree and +1 for this future,hovever till now there is naja7host plugin and also there is option in tools-->logs-->e-mails to resend any e-mmail which is already sent..only problem with this is if you have sent a lot of e-mails it woud be time consuming to find it but I do this few times at this way :).

once again +1

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, evolvewh said:

With solutions like this already done for the Blesta team, why can't they get added into the core? If it's a matter of money, increase the $39 support fee. That amount is very little and we would gladly pay to have features like these added much faster for our daily use.

they can't just take it without permission from blesta addons.