Allow Reseller Account/disk/bw Limits On Cpanel Reseller Services

cPanel's reseller functionality is absolutely useless without this. The package does nothing for limits, and the only other thing Blesta allows you to set is the ACL.

It will require 2 api calls, createacct and setresellerlimits on provisioning. I've already patched to add the fields to the package page, but not sure how to work a second API call into this.

• 2 months later...

Blesta currently just utilizes the Reseller ACL for reseller permissions. When editing "Reseller Nameservers and Privileges", you can select "Limit accounts that user can create by Resource Usage" and set a Disk and Bandwidth limit.

If the disk and bandwidth limit should be set independently (or overridden) on a per-package basis, it might make sense to also allow the selection of all other privileges as well. For example, selecting privileges for Account Information, Account Management, DNS, Packages, etc etc.

Thoughts?

this is a more sophistical problem than just a limits .

i have t found the only reliable solution it to add a packages for resellers like the packages accounts .  that give more control and easy modification .

i have requested to cpanel  two years ago https://features.cpanel.net/topic/packages-for-resellers

i have found a semilar one here also  https://features.cpanel.net/topic/need-the-ability-to-create-reseller-packages

Blesta currently just utilizes the Reseller ACL for reseller permissions. When editing "Reseller Nameservers and Privileges", you can select "Limit accounts that user can create by Resource Usage" and set a Disk and Bandwidth limit.

Right, so Blesta's provisioning doesn't do everything you need, you have to set limits through WHM, that's my point.

The other stuff can be covered with an ACL, this can not.

• 3 years later...

Searching cPanel reseller ACL on Google shows this thread and a few others, as well as mine located here - 

Judging by other threads it looks like there's a number of the Blesta devs along with other forums members that simply don't understand (or don't want to understand) exactly how WHM/cPanel assign reseller limits and the capability of the API. The ACL's aren't assigned per package, but per account and therefore they have to be assigned in one of the following fashions;

1) Assigned by calling setresellerlimits in the API on account creation (Blesta doesn't do this). 

2) Manually through WHM post account creation. 

This is a pretty fundamental part of the reseller account creation process, and without this Blesta currently doesn't server those that sell reseller packages very well using the core cPanel module. Comparing the module to WHMCS, ClientExec and free alternatives like BoxBilling I can see that these other systems have nailed this. Why is Blesta missing some really very important functionality? Nothing seems to be happening with it at all.