Web Design/developer And Hosting - Is Blesta For Me?

Folke

Question

Hello!

I run an small web business, i do web design, web development and hosting for my customers. For hosting i use cPanel.

Will Blesta work with cPanel? I want to create an order on one customer and when he pays the invoice the cPanel account will be create on one of the cPanel servers with the least number of accounts on it and send the login to the customer. 

I want a clean, small and simple system that handles all my invoices, big and small, and that comes with an support system where the client can create tickets with a form or email. I want that the client be available to see all invoices, tickets, transactions and their company info i one panel.

So, is Blesta for me?

7 answers to this question

Will Blesta work with cPanel? I want to create an order on one customer and when he pays the invoice the cPanel account will be create on one of the cPanel servers with the least number of accounts on it and send the login to the customer.

Blesta works with cPanel fine and yep.

I want a clean, small and simple system that handles all my invoices, big and small, and that comes with an support system where the client can create tickets with a form or email. I want that the client be available to see all invoices, tickets, transactions and their company info i one panel.

Yep they can on their dashboard minus tickets, but they can see them by clicking tickets on the drop down box.

So, is Blesta for me?

I can't say for yourself, but I know people who use it for web hosting, web design and developing plugins etc. Why not give Blesta a spin, grab the files from blesta.com and use the 30 day trial and see if you like it :).

Just to add to Licensecart's answers:

Will Blesta work with cPanel?

Yes. Blesta has a cPanel module that it comes with by default. You would just install and configure the module under [settings] -> [Modules] -> [Available]. I think there are also third-party cPanel modules floating around the forums here that may have support for additional functionality.

I want to create an order on one customer and when he pays the invoice the cPanel account will be create on one of the cPanel servers with the least number of accounts on it and send the login to the custome

What you've described is how Blesta's cPanel module works. As long as you have multiple servers setup, the module will assign the user to the one with the fewest number of accounts on it. When the client pays his invoice for a cPanel service in Blesta, the system will automatically provision the service via cron by creating the cPanel account. Just make sure your cron is setup and running at scheduled intervals. We recommend setting it up to run every 5 minutes.

Blesta was designed to be simple and easy-to-use. It comes with a Support Manager plugin to handle tickets via the admin/client UI and via email, according to the preferences you configure. You would just install the plugin under [settings] -> [Plugins] -> [Available], and a link to "Support" will appear in the primary navigation where you can configure support staff, support departments, and manage tickets. The client can view their invoices, tickets, transactions, company info, etc., from their account in the client interface. You can also "login" as them from the admin interface to see what they would see when they login.

So, is Blesta for me?

An excellent question. Based on your questions I would say yes. But the best way to know if it meets all of your requirements is to try it. You can take a look at the demo, or download it and select the free 30-day trial to give it a spin on your own machine. These forums are a good place to find answers to questions you may have if anything should come up.

Yes, I have to say Blesta is for you.

I run a small creative agency that builds websites along with other artistic oddities but our main focus is on music production, this being said I also operate a web hosting service for clients and others needing dependable space. Blesta is great for creatives who need to integrate this type of software into their business model - solid software, great support and easy UX.

Hello again!

I have tried blesta and i like it, it simple and does what i want!

How does the Credit card payment work? I see that i can pay with credit card when testing to order something without setting the credit card payment up.

You can set-up a Payment Account if you wish to use the card more than once and they can also set-up a auto debit when due if you have it set-up.