Unique Cart For All Orders Forms

Blesta Addons

This days i way discovering how the order forms / cart  work . and i have discovered (at least for me and my staff and my clients testers)  a big problem in the cart system .

so if we have 3 order forms let say 

1 for vps

2 for dedicated

3 for hosting .

the client has make a order of 1 vps, and has not completed the checkout ; then he ordered 1 dedicated and hosting , no checkout at here .

when he decide to complete the order , here we have the problem , the cart is not containing the 3 order services . and to complete the order he need to go to order form link and make checkout for every service . that for us/him is a huge and buggy work .

so we decided to make our own call to the cart basket to see what are in it . and we have surprised , what blesta do is storing the cart item in the sessions, and every item with their ids and some more data . at here all thing is fine . but the surprise for us was that blesta disting with every order form cart  .

what we suggest is that the cart/basket should be for all order forms . the solution for us was use 1 order form for all . but we prefer use some list or ajaxed order form for a specific needs, and use styled order form for other services .

at the end , for me, it has no sense to have 3 carts sessions in one system for the same place !!!! either the other ecommerce platform use 1 cart like magento/open cart/prestashop ..ect ... i don't want to nominate competitors ...

licencecart , Relax ;)  is just a discussion .

Interesting,

Do you think the way it work by now by having a cart cession for each order form vs only one single cession for the cart, could not be in relation with configurable option there is by order form?

But that true at the end of the buy process, any item added in cart and ever configurated though their specific order form, could in my opinion be merged at the very final checkout step.

licencecart , Relax ;)  is just a discussion .

Thanks for the mention mate. I do agree with this but more of a universal cart so you can order more than one product type in the cart.

Hosting package - $3

VPS package      - $10

----------------------------

Total:                   - $13

I'd like to see an option to allow order forms to appear together, meaning that you'd have links or buttons at the top to switch from one order form to another. For example, you might have an order form for VPS's, and another for Shared Hosting. Both of these could be displayed at the top, so that the user could easily navigate between them.

In such a case, I can see this request being more important. We need to discuss internally though, the original intent of order forms was for them to be unique, so it's no accident that items in the cart for 1 order form are not visible in another.

I'd like to see an option to allow order forms to appear together, meaning that you'd have links or buttons at the top to switch from one order form to another. For example, you might have an order form for VPS's, and another for Shared Hosting. Both of these could be displayed at the top, so that the user could easily navigate between them.

In such a case, I can see this request being more important. We need to discuss internally though, the original intent of order forms was for them to be unique, so it's no accident that items in the cart for 1 order form are not visible in another.

the better option is to make them all toghe , the important here is the checkout proccess .

it has no sense to see in the cart 5 items, and in the checkout you will pay just 2 or 1 !!!

• 4 months later...

Any update in this ?

We got a lot of claim from clients . They order items in multiple place and they never got all of the items in a final checkout .

This should be improved as soon as possible as it limit the chance of selling .

We are considering this.. however, why not put all your items on the same order form?

We are considering this.. however, why not put all your items on the same order form?

how we can put vps, dedicated servers, hosting, ssl, domains, in one order form , with the actual one ?  simply is impossible !

we are as hosting providers  fighting to survive with the actual order form , it lock the essentials hosting marketing orders cart , all the others has  solid and a near complete order form for hosting providers .

selling licenses, ssl, vps, can be done with the actual order , but for hosting market is painless , we can't know how we can be patience to see the change !!!

how we can put vps, dedicated servers, hosting, ssl, domains, in one order form , with the actual one ?  simply is impossible !

we are as hosting providers  fighting to survive with the actual order form , it lock the essentials hosting marketing orders cart , all the others has  solid and a near complete order form for hosting providers .

selling licenses, ssl, vps, can be done with the actual order , but for hosting market is painless , we can't know how we can be patience to see the change !!!

Groups....

• 2 weeks later...

Groups....

i don't think you have tested it with variant case . Groups is not the solution . 

but it can help in some cases and minimize the confusing for the clients .

personally i have my own solution (custom order plugin) . 

anyway , the behavior to have multiple carts for unique website and unique clients has no sense for me at least .

i don't think you have tested it with variant case . Groups is not the solution . 

but it can help in some cases and minimize the confusing for the clients .

personally i have my own solution (custom order plugin) . 

anyway , the behavior to have multiple carts for unique website and unique clients has no sense for me at least .

I do agree with the universal cart so you can have hosting, domain and ssl for example on one order.

• 4 years later...