Login As Client

Infralliance

If I wanna guide a client through the interface, I have to see the interface the way it sees it (to me that's what "Login as client" truly means!). To address your point, a way to switch back to english for people not supporting the client in it's own language could be useful, but for me it is not necessary. In my shop, everyone is billigual, and that's a reality of my part of country. We do not offer UI languages that we do not understand or cant support.

Same for the invoices, Legaly, I have to have on file the version the client has been given, not a translation.

i have adressed this in a previos thread .

normally login as client , it should use the client language instead of staff languages .

I don't agree with that for the reason I stated above… If you log in with a client who has a completely different language for example a French / English person logging into a client with the language of Arabic would you know if you was in their shoes? no. You'd have to go by what you know is where.

if i don't know Arabic or Spanish or either one of my staff don't know it , i  will not offer this languages as options for my clients .

normally LOGIN AS CLIENT should be the same as it meaning , login as client , so simple .  admin has it own interface to edit and show client profile , in it they use preferred language . 

So to avoid this opinions, a option in admin setting to allow staf use the client language when they login as client , is preferred .

if i don't know Arabic or Spanish or either one of my staff don't know it , i  will not offer this languages as options for my clients .

normally LOGIN AS CLIENT should be the same as it meaning , login as client , so simple .  admin has it own interface to edit and show client profile , in it they use preferred language . 

So to avoid this opinions, a option in admin setting to allow staf use the client language when they login as client , is preferred .

Your missing the point… clients like their own language and if you don't offer it you could end up with no customers :).

The same with currencies some customers would like to pay in their own currency… if you say no, you might loose that customer or more if they go around telling their mates.

Your missing the point… clients like their own language and if you don't offer it you could end up with no customers :).

The same with currencies some customers would like to pay in their own currency… if you say no, you might loose that customer or more if they go around telling their mates.

Marketing ideas , that great .

our main subject here is allowing staff when they login as client use the client language instead the staff language .

so i prefer a setting to allow us do that .

I stand with Naja7host here. The whole point of the "login as client" is to see the UI the same way the client does. You can do everything in the Admin interface if you dont understand the language you offered in the first place. If somebody calls me and need an advice or want some information, I want to be able to go and guide the client the same way. If I have to switch the admin interface language to make test, or to check the community translation (which is far to be perfect!), then that means my logs are not consistent (They'll be written using the new language) and the admin interface language will change for my colleagues during the switch as the Admin area uses the company language only (http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1750).

As Naja7host, we do not offer a language that we cannot communicate with the user. This remove user frustration as the communication is the key.

Also, remember that since PDF invoices are generated everytime you download them, having the "login as client" not following the end-user language means that invoices will be regenerated in english instead of the users language. For us here, I have to keep on file the invoice that has been generated and emailed to the client. Not having consistency will flag something at the auditor level. Yet, I could have a rule to receive all emails as BCC, but if the user call to discuss his invoice, I do not want to go and pull the email archives out for something that should be available in less than 5 clicks.

I stand with Naja7host here. The whole point of the "login as client" is to see the UI the same way the client does. You can do everything in the Admin interface if you dont understand the language you offered in the first place. If somebody calls me and need an advice or want some information, I want to be able to go and guide the client the same way. If I have to switch the admin interface language to make test, or to check the community translation (which is far to be perfect!), then that means my logs are not consistent (They'll be written using the new language) and the admin interface language will change for my colleagues during the switch as the Admin area uses the company language only (http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1750).

As Naja7host, we do not offer a language that we cannot communicate with the user. This remove user frustration as the communication is the key.

Also, remember that since PDF invoices are generated everytime you download them, having the "login as client" not following the end-user language means that invoices will be regenerated in english instead of the users language. For us here, I have to keep on file the invoice that has been generated and emailed to the client. Not having consistency will flag something at the auditor level. Yet, I could have a rule to receive all emails as BCC, but if the user call to discuss his invoice, I do not want to go and pull the email archives out for something that should be available in less than 5 clicks.

Nope the whole idea of the "log in as a client" is you can can log into their client account. You can pretend to be that client and fix / update things, etc.

Marketing ideas , that great .

our main subject here is allowing staff when they login as client use the client language instead the staff language .

so i prefer a setting to allow us do that .

But it's not this is in the bug section… not the feature requests.

just to note , when you login as client, the invoice are shown with the client language and not with staff language .

I think there should be a way for admins to view a client in the client's language, but we can't require this to be the default behavior, as we can't know whether the staff is able to read that language. There would have to be a way for staff to choose a language to use.

We could use a language selector as I mentioned above, and indicate in the selector which language the client uses by default, e.g. ("English", "Espanol (default)", "Deutsch"). Or we could have a link at the top of the page, similar to the "Return to Staff Portal" link, that toggles between the staff language and the client's default language when you click on it.

We could use a language selector as I mentioned above, and indicate in the selector which language the client uses by default, e.g. ("English", "Espanol (default)", "Deutsch"). Or we could have a link at the top of the page, similar to the "Return to Staff Portal" link, that toggles between the staff language and the client's default language when you click on it.

that also i working solution . we can live with it :)

What do you think of using a language selector like CORE-1320 as a staff member? Do you think that would solve the issue of not being able to view the client UI in the client's language?

It would be nice, but when we go in the "login as client" section the client's language should be selected at first, with the option of switching to whichever language the admin prefer. That would be my favourite scenario. Another would be to go in the "login as client" section in the admin language, and have a warning or small banner mentionning "The account is configured using Other_language, would you like to switch?"

It would be nice, but when we go in the "login as client" section the client's language should be selected at first, with the option of switching to whichever language the admin prefer. That would be my favourite scenario. Another would be to go in the "login as client" section in the admin language, and have a warning or small banner mentionning "The account is configured using Other_language, would you like to switch?"

Good Scenario .

I can see why the first option would be best for you, but in a general case, I don't think we can assume that every staff member that views a client profile is able to read the profile in the client's default language. The second option you mentioned is essentially what I described earlier. Another possible option is to allow staff to set what languages they read/speak in their profile, and if the client's default language is also one of those, Blesta can show the client's default language by default when the staff logs in as the client.

I can see why the first option would be best for you, but in a general case, I don't think we can assume that every staff member that views a client profile is able to read the profile in the client's default language. The second option you mentioned is essentially what I described earlier. Another possible option is to allow staff to set what languages they read/speak in their profile, and if the client's default language is also one of those, Blesta can show the client's default language by default when the staff logs in as the client.

anyway, first let fix the CORE-1320 . is the first road to resolve this issue .

just to add , the language selector should be available for all , an it should be stored in cookies or sessions . to not overide the language set in profile .