Limit A Customer To Ordering A Product Only Once

Blesta Addons

i know that it was alreay talked , and i saerch for it but it appear that  i missed it in my search.

is a trivial feature for site that selling or service or scripts , i have fronted it in my new website . also i have a client that i have provided my digital product module , and he have the same probleme, some client can ordering more than 1 time .

i have found a tips to stop them in my modue, but is not the good way to do it as i do it :(

I'm in the same boring situation, many customer order Free-trial more than one time, or customer create new accounts.

I created a custom cron (1x day) to cancel service in given package groups being free trial that are using same domain of install (not being localhost or empty), as in my case I offer shopping cart plugin customer install on their server, and only first free trial is legitimate.

supposing you want exactly what is described above, it's when you do provisioning of software licensed with blesta license module/plugin, and my custom cron through a custom db table can follow free trial abuse and next cancel it at services table in blesta

I can share through PM

i know that it was alreay talked , and i saerch for it but it appear that  i missed it in my search.

is a trivial feature for site that selling or service or scripts , i have fronted it in my new website . also i have a client that i have provided my digital product module , and he have the same probleme, some client can ordering more than 1 time .

i have found a tips to stop them in my modue, but is not the good way to do it as i do it :(

Well if it's free can't they just order more than one key because it's free? And if it's paid you get paid more than once...

Well if it's free can't they just order more than one key because it's free? And if it's paid you get paid more than once...

This is the consequence of an unwanted situation as per feature request title in this post.

In case of a free service the shop owner want to limit at only 1 unity by customer, the limit can be mentioned in the item description but that will not stop customer to re-order, so this feature request makes sense.

I'm in the same boring situation, many customer order Free-trial more than one time, or customer create new accounts.

I created a custom cron (1x day) to cancel service in given package groups being free trial that are using same domain of install (not being localhost or empty), as in my case I offer shopping cart plugin customer install on their server, and only first free trial is legitimate.

supposing you want exactly what is described above, it's when you do provisioning of software licensed with blesta license module/plugin, and my custom cron through a custom db table can follow free trial abuse and next cancel it at services table in blesta

I can share through PM

Thanks Serge ,

i have implement a other solution in my digital product module , my solution is not letting any clients order more than once a package .  tested and is working in my test server . now i will send the update to some clients that use this module to see it in live production .

the only inconvenient in my solution is that the client should be logged before they can add the product to the cart . and the visitor should be register before making any order . but i'm searching alternative solution to be more adequate for all needs .

if blesta team can add event for order plugins is a great additions .

This is the consequence of an unwanted situation as per feature request title in this post.

In case of a free service the shop owner want to limit at only 1 unity by customer, the limit can be mentioned in the item description but that will not stop customer to re-order, so this feature request makes sense.

Totally agree , now i'm updating also my store manager plugin to support this request also  .

For downloadable software (licensed through the license module/plugin), the check is not related to the service status, it's more related to the location of customer install. We want prevent customers to re-order trial for the same location, so the previous trial could be auto-cancelled by the end of terms, but if customer re-order a new trial we can understand the needed mechanism to limit customer abuse of trial can not be based on the service status.

It's common customers order 2-3 trials at same time but none or only one was really uploaded on their server, it's can be see if no install path or domain are reported in the service detail, so in my case, custom cron check that no more than one trial (package group id) is active for same domain. That why my package group id match only to one given trial/package

When customer is an agency or even other, nothing bad with more than one trial, but, it's more than one trial that use/used at the same install location (domain), that could hurt, as customer could order new free trial at end of each terms. So my custom cron do not check based on service status but check based on the domain of install, and only the first ordered service for that domain is the "regular", and any other found are "abuse" and are updated to cancelled.

Supposing we are contacted by customer and we want to allow customer use trial again, so we update at DB service_fields table with a domain value with a prefix like 1st-try-domain, and ask customer to order a new trial.

I have feeling the requested action could not be done in the cart context as not all info are ever know (path of install/domain).

In my case the custom cron is dailly.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...