Modifying Service Invoicing: Scenario - Need Help

jjsararas

Question

I sell a monthly service and invoices are sent monthly automatically. However I have a client that wanted to pay for 12 months up front. I want to keep the service running (even though there is no effective module doing anything), but I'd like to show a credit, and a 0 owing invoice sent each month. What would be the steps to accomplish this?

6 answers to this question

Oh ok they paid via etransfer, so I just go in and Record a Payment on the ($35) invoice, for the overpaid amount ($420), and the rest will just apply as credit to future invoices?

If you have made a payment type: Settings > System > General > Payment Types.

Then make one called etransfer.

Then go to their profile, click record payment then put in $420. Don't tick an invoice and click send email and save.

The cron will then apply the credit to the invoice and close it. After the invoices will be closed and apply the rest of the credit automatically. :)

If you have made a payment type: Settings > System > General > Payment Types.

Then make one called etransfer.

Then go to their profile, click record payment then put in $420. Don't tick an invoice and click send email and save.

The cron will then apply the credit to the invoice and close it. After the invoices will be closed and apply the rest of the credit automatically. :)

i think he should tick the "Automatically Apply Loose Credits" in settings - company - Billing/Payment .