Modulesbakery Is Closing Their Business...

S.H.

Great to hear that awesome news Paul, I will be happy to contribute in any way you need it to keep the Tasty cPanel and DigitalOcean modules.  :)  :blesta:

Great! We would appreciate your contributions.

@Paul Can you point us at the github repository in question when ready? :P

We absolutely will post a link to it here when ready. We are in the process of auditing the code, and will publish it when complete.

Tasty cPanel

https://github.com/blesta/module-tastycpanel

Tasty Interworx

https://github.com/blesta/module-tastyinterworx

Digital Ocean

https://github.com/blesta/module-digitalocean

All released as FOSS (free open source software) under the MIT license.

Very nice! Also, grabbed the modules to test them out. Note: Your modules need to be renamed exactly as the php files in each are described.

ie, if you plan on using the digital ocean module, you will need to do a mv operation on the file. By default, that's module-digitalocean-master if you wget the master.zip from Github. You'll want to rename it to digitaloceanmodule if you want it to show up in the Available listing under Modules.

Also, sorry for opening a New Issue in Github so soon. :P

I'll be listing all the Oh Noes! errors I come across in the New Issue post I opened.

Edit: Phew. That's all the Oh Noes errors I came across in the client dashboard.

Edit2: Going to create a thread discussing the Tasty InterWorx module and how to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cpanel SSO no longer working on tasty cpanel module

clicking log into cpanel and log into webmail opens a new window which remains on the account details page.

however clicking log into phpmyadmin and log into file manager open a new window which thankfully logs in but only to the cpanel dashboard as opposed to phpmyadmin or the file manager.

was wondering if anyone has a fix for this? willing to pay if necessary..

will be great if blesta can intergrate the amazing features to core so we can have a supported module.

thanks

Was only a matter of time. I don't even know how to revert to the stock Blesta Cpanel module, hopefully the process won't be too complicated. What I do know is that this is the last time I'm going through this nonsense, I now consider the marketplace to be a pipe dream. I won't be buying anymore third party addons for Blesta because this cycle will continue forever and I really just want things to stay working.

Was only a matter of time. I don't even know how to revert to the stock Blesta Cpanel module, hopefully the process won't be too complicated. What I do know is that this is the last time I'm going through this nonsense, I now consider the marketplace to be a pipe dream. I won't be buying anymore third party addons for Blesta because this cycle will continue forever and I really just want things to stay working.

It's because he had to take a full time job to bring income in as people wasn't buying as much. ModulesGarden was bought out by WHMCS with a contract, so they gave up, but that's your decision. 

For the record:

"It is not fun sitting on the forum and look for solutions. This is a business not a game."

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3505-digitalocean-module/

I knew from the beginning, He gathered toys (money) and fled. Like a Child ;) BLOG module from Licensecart = Modulesbakery

Wait so Zopim and GetKudos fled like a child when they closed that which was a big hit and could have made millions, the only child here is you who keeps moaning about the digital ocean module, and even wanted a refund... Sorry you're so big and Mr Hard guy here on the forum... right?

For the record:

"It is not fun sitting on the forum and look for solutions. This is a business not a game."

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3505-digitalocean-module/

I knew from the beginning, He gathered toys (money) and fled. Like a Child ;) BLOG module from Licensecart = Modulesbakery

Maybe if you had paid him more, he wouldn't have to close down due to lack of revenue/profit.

Or maybe you are one of those people who gets money handed to them after a quick 10 minute rendezvous, 6 times a day and that $, takes care of your twinkies, the rent, and your internet and you spend the rest of your day and night programming software for people for free?

Maybe if you had paid him more, he wouldn't have to close down due to lack of revenue/profit.

He set his prices not his customers.

On another note, it is really disheartening when two companies (ModulesBakery and ModulesGarden), out of the blue, dissolve or stop supporting plugins/modules they made and users paid for. (Yes I know different circumstances apply for each of them)  While I am glad the code got open sourced I am now less likely to purchase a module from someone as I have been burned twice now.  If I wanted to build and support a module myself I could/would.  However I would rather pay someone else who has done the work and will support their modules into the future.

It seems that Blesta doesn't have a proven ecosystem of 3rd party dev's.  Granted a lot of great modules live on these forums and are slowly getting into the marketplace most of them are free (which is great for most people).  As of right now there aren't any, that I know of, paid modules or plugins (note that I have excluded theme developers and premadekb which is listed as other in the marketplace) with developers who are still around and working on them.  

I am bundling in BlestaCMS in with this as Modules Bakery was the dev but I believe Licensecart will still support it and possibly have someone else maintain the code (or do it himself maybe?).

One last thing, can the Tasty Cpanel Modules be updated in the marketplace to either point at the github or be removed: https://marketplace.blesta.com/#/extensions/2-Tasty%20cPanel%20Module

I am bundling in BlestaCMS in with this as Modules Bakery was the dev but I believe Licensecart will still support it and possibly have someone else maintain the code (or do it himself maybe?).

We're going to be supporting ours for life, we will be hiring mujahed full time when I can afford it so we can do modules and keep our plugin updated and better (ambition) and some free add ons for the community :) so we're not going anywhere. Just need to get a bit bigger. That's where Mujahed had a choice, wait for Blesta to get more popular and finally get more orders for his paid plugins or go full time with a company to keep him in his house, etc.

We're going to be supporting ours for life

I figured you would support it which is why I made that note.  I can't imagine Blesta without you around.  :P

That's where Mujahed had a choice, wait for Blesta to get more popular and finally get more orders for his paid plugins or go full time with a company to keep him in his house, etc.

I think that this is one of the main reasons why there aren't any large 3rd party dev's yet.  The market share isn't quite there yet to make it a main full time gig.

To all :)

Why dont ask us, me or naja7host or serge, or any outher active dev member to help you all and fix the issues? :)

We love to help you guys :)

Modulesbackery and Modulesgarden may be gone but we are still here and we will still help blesta grow.

I do this on my free time and also because I want to use blesta in our real buisness that is active since 1998 and hopfully will live anouther 17 years :P to the year 2032 wen blesta version is "Blesta V100.0 AKA Fiber" :P and wen im 52 years old lol, I will still virtually programming using my brain waves wired to the net (future keyboard, I hope, eheh)

Just play nice, we only live Once, so try your best to enjoy it :blesta:

Regards,

PV

To all :)

Why dont ask us, me or naja7host or serge, or any outher active dev member to help you all and fix the issues? :)

We love to help you guys :)

Modulesbackery and Modulesgarden may be gone but we are still here and we will still help blesta grow.

I do this on my free time and also because I want to use blesta in our real buisness that is active since 1998 and hopfully will live anouther 17 years :P to the year 2032 wen blesta version is "Blesta V100.0 AKA Fiber" :P and wen im 52 years old lol, I will still virtually programming using my brain waves wired to the net (future keyboard, I hope, eheh)

Just play nice, we only live Once, so try your best to enjoy it :blesta:

Regards,

PV

I hereby award thee   :blesta:  Best Post of the Day  :blesta:

just a note ; naja7host has some days now away from the community . i have contacted them about the matter, he said that he has some big project that eating all the time from him , he never will leave blesta or his modules/plugins, and he is preparing a new box and staff just for blesta market, i have see his new t-shirt work for blesta addons , and maybe he is preparing some big bombs for blesta :) .