Domain > Plan > Billing > Order. Is It Possible With Blesta?

yngens

Question

It's been a long while since I tested Blesta for the first time, didn't find it mature enough and decided to wait. Now I am back to it to give another try. However, I feel a newbie again and it is not easy to figure out for me how exactly to set plans up and what modules, plugins have been created, polished since last year to use now.

Could anyone please help me to set up the following steps for the end users? I am trying to set up the order sequence in such a way which allows users (1) to indicate a domain name (to transfer or register) on the first window and (2) then proceeding to the next window they should be able to select a VPS plan by selecting/modifying geographic location, CPU cores, RAM, bandwidth and storage space per their likings. (3) After that going to third page users should be able to enter their personal information and (4) finally on fourth page to enter their credit card information and proceed to finalizing order.

Steps #1 and #2 could be reversible, I mean end-users could select VPS plan first and then indicate their domain names. So could anyone please give me what kind of exact steps I should take and which plugins/modules I need to use to create this order sequence? As I understand the contributed OpenSRS module is not functional/stable and I really would like to go with only stable and mature Blesta components. So which module is the best for domain registration/transfer? And how to properly integrate the domain registration/transfer step into the order sequence?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

You can follow this way to set-up packages: How to set-up a package? and see: How can I sell Domains? and link them up, since you need to select the packages for the VPS packages at the bottom of the domain and other order form.

If you are using SolusVM for your VPS's you can use the SolusVM Configuration options to do locations, extra CPU, extra RAM, extra space etc: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/SolusVM#SolusVM-ConfigurableOptionsOverview

The OpenSRS Module is fine enough to be stable just the developer uses Beta / Alpha to ensure they people don't go overboard moaning about bugs :) I used to use the Logicboxes module but the only good providers are NetEarthOne or ResellBiz since LogicBoxes and ResellerClub are both owned By Endurance International Group (google them - they are the worse company on the planet).

You can follow this way to set-up packages: How to set-up a package? and see: How can I sell Domains? and link them up, since you need to select the packages for the VPS packages at the bottom of the domain and other order form.

If you are using SolusVM for your VPS's you can use the SolusVM Configuration options to do locations, extra CPU, extra RAM, extra space etc: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/SolusVM#SolusVM-ConfigurableOptionsOverview

The OpenSRS Module is fine enough to be stable just the developer uses Beta / Alpha to ensure they people don't go overboard moaning about bugs :) I used to use the Logicboxes module but the only good providers are NetEarthOne or ResellBiz since LogicBoxes and ResellerClub are both owned By Endurance International Group (google them - they are the worse company on the planet).

Thanks for prompt response. Could you please clarify should I (1) create one single package for VPS and then use configurable options for RAM, CPU, storage space, etc selection or (2) I will have to create multiple VPS packages each with its own options and then let end-users to make selection between them?

We use Virtualizor, however ready to switch to the most mature VPS management integration for Blesta. Do you think it is SolusVM integration?

Thanks for prompt response. Could you please clarify should I (1) create one single package for VPS and then use configurable options for RAM, CPU, storage space, etc selection or (2) I will have to create multiple VPS packages each with its own options and then let end-users to make selection between them?

It's up-to you if you wish to make packages or let them create them using configurable options but using one package as it's your business.

We use Virtualizor, however ready to switch to the most mature VPS management integration for Blesta. Do you think it is SolusVM integration?

It's up-to you I've heard a lot of bad things about Virtualizor myself (one being on this forum involving their Blesta module). But it's your choice what do you prefer and what do you think is best for your business. There's no Virtualizor to SolusVM importer until SolusVM 2. Blesta maintain the SolusVM Module so you know it will always be up-to date.