Make Tax Comments And Notices Conditional

yngens

There are no taxes for Internet services in California and may other states and probably also countries, so notices like "Any applicable taxes will be calculated after you register or log in." are simply not applicable in some case. I suggest to make this or any other tax related information on Blesta pages dependent on if taxes activated or not. What do you think of the idea?

I agree, if there are no taxes at all then it shouldn't mention taxes during checkout.

I'm seeing this under Order Summary:

Order Summary

Any applicable taxes will be calculated after you register or log in.

Are you seeing this in any other location? What, if anything do you suggest we say instead if there are no tax rules? Given that all such sections currently display some text information, it may make sense to show a different message instead. Something generic like "This is a summary of the items currently in your cart." may be a good idea.

Hi Paul,

I haven't checked everywhere because we find overall readiness of Blesta for production not satisfactory and decided to wait more. Anyway, it is not good to distract end-customers with any tax-related notices if there are no taxes for the offered goods/services at all. Why bother and confuse too much scrupulous customers by making them see not-applicable notices. During order placement process the presence of absence of any piece of information is very much important as it can positively or negatively effect the customer's final decision.