Small Requests To Add Usability

nsc

Hi,

I have used few support systems, and I thought maybe to give blesta a shot, but there are small things missing, that would make live easier.

I won't make separate tickets cause it simple requests, and don't want to make a lot of tickets.

1. Adding + to one of existing requests: Custom ticket statuses with different colors in priorities (being able to change colors would be nice).

So I'd love to have that feature also.

Colors helps to notice more important tickets in a bunch of them. Custom statuses would help to personalize ticket system.

2. Ability to quote messages, when doing reply. Having ability to choose quoting bellow answer or on top of my answer would be nice (i prefer quote bellow my answer).

When client writes not one ticket, but few at once, quoting makes easier not to get lost for him between obtained answers.

3. Ability to add signature per staff user.

I think no need to explain why this is needed.

4. Ability to change client in ticket.

This is needed when You have some report, or problem in Your mail, but not in ticketing system. So You are able then just forward it to blesta, change ticket client to the real one, and give replies normally having all conversation with him. For example i have a cron that sends to blesta mails, that i sometimes need to write info to client, so creating new ticket and copy pasting all info to it takes unneeded time resources.

Also might be that user went out for holidays or got fired, and that same job with all info should be done by having conversation with different person.

5. Ability to forward ticket.

When You need to get info from 3'rd party, it would be nice, that You could write to him from the same ticket, and when he would reply, it would be in one ticket, not in separate ones.

6. Ability to add/remove columns in "Tickets" part.

For example i would like to see client name and assigned stuff in there. Now I need to go to the exact ticket to see that information (yes, i know that it is written in "last reply" part when someone replies, but what if I replied those?)

What if there are more than 20tickets at that time? view all of them ?

I'm not a robot, i can't remember what status I saw some time ago, or what my colleague set in it by ticket numbers.

7. Auto-action after reply?

for example after answering tickets, it would be nice if it would go to "awaiting reply" or different status.

Most of the time ticket has to go to the same status after reply, why it needs to be changed manually ?

8. Auto-action after user reply?

I answered to user, changed to "Awaiting reply" status, when user replied, it still was in "Awaiting reply".

You should consider to add feature, automatically would change Status to for example "In progress" after user replies.

9. Ability to merge tickets

10. Ability to delete tickets

ok, that's it for now.

Would be nice to have information which features would have a shot in new version.

nsc

I agree with all of the listed feature requests. Most of them are crucial and we cannot use blesta for our ticketing system, that's why we are looking for other solutions now. I really hope that developers will add these simple features very soon, otherwise it would look a bit funny to call it a "Support & Billing solution" (billing is done really well, I like it, but not the support part).

Thanks for the suggestions, most of these we will definitely be implementing. Our development process is iterative, and we often circle back around and improve existing features.

I don't have an ETA for these changes, but I'm curious what the community thinks in terms of priority.. which of these items are most important?

Personally.. (I haven't played with the support module for more than a few minutes so I might be mislead)

4. Ability to change client in ticket. I can see this having the biggest benefit where a person emails that isn't associated with a client, yet we need to move a ticket to that client

8. Auto-action after user reply? This sounds trivial but if we wanted to have triggers (ie. email a staff member on event), then changing the status of a "closed" or "awaiting issue" to an "open" state might be hugely important.

5. Ability to forward tickets. Being able to share a ticket with an external client/provider/department sounds like a pretty important criteria to have.

Can I also add

1. I would like the ability to add extra email addresses to a ticket in order to have both parties get responses and both parties being valid to respond.

2. Not sure how the tracking is done (subject or msg-id) but I would really like the ability to track emails using the msg-id rather than the subject. This means a customer can "remove" the subject.. yes, people do this on a reply at time. (who knows why), but it will cause ticket tracking to break if everything is only based on a subject.

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree with all points listed by nsc. My personal priority list is (highest priority first):

7. Auto-action after reply?

for example after answering tickets, it would be nice if it would go to "awaiting reply" or different status.

Most of the time ticket has to go to the same status after reply, why it needs to be changed manually ?

8. Auto-action after user reply?

I answered to user, changed to "Awaiting reply" status, when user replied, it still was in "Awaiting reply".

You should consider to add feature, automatically would change Status to for example "In progress" after user replies.

1. Adding + to one of existing requests: Custom ticket statuses with different colors in priorities (being able to change colors would be nice).

So I'd love to have that feature also.

Colors helps to notice more important tickets in a bunch of them. Custom statuses would help to personalize ticket system.

6. Ability to add/remove columns in "Tickets" part.

For example i would like to see client name and assigned stuff in there. Now I need to go to the exact ticket to see that information (yes, i know that it is written in "last reply" part when someone replies, but what if I replied those?)

What if there are more than 20tickets at that time? view all of them ?

I'm not a robot, i can't remember what status I saw some time ago, or what my colleague set in it by ticket numbers.

3. Ability to add signature per staff user.

I think no need to explain why this is needed.

4. Ability to change client in ticket.

This is needed when You have some report, or problem in Your mail, but not in ticketing system. So You are able then just forward it to blesta, change ticket client to the real one, and give replies normally having all conversation with him. For example i have a cron that sends to blesta mails, that i sometimes need to write info to client, so creating new ticket and copy pasting all info to it takes unneeded time resources.

Also might be that user went out for holidays or got fired, and that same job with all info should be done by having conversation with different person.

5. Ability to forward ticket.

When You need to get info from 3'rd party, it would be nice, that You could write to him from the same ticket, and when he would reply, it would be in one ticket, not in separate ones.

2. Ability to quote messages, when doing reply. Having ability to choose quoting bellow answer or on top of my answer would be nice (i prefer quote bellow my answer).

When client writes not one ticket, but few at once, quoting makes easier not to get lost for him between obtained answers.

10. Ability to delete tickets

9. Ability to merge tickets

Here are a few..

CORE-604: Merge tickets

CORE-605: Custom ticket statuses

CORE-606: Staff signatures

CORE-607: Split tickets

Some of the others need more planning before I can assign a task to them, including the automatic actions, which we want to implement but it's pretty involved, at least how we want it to work.