Delete Invoice Feature

blesta_tester

Hello,

Does anyone miss the "delete" button in the invoice page? I think most of us firstly create invoices just to test if everything works correctly, when we change logo, we test that again to see how it looks like etc., and there is no ability to remove the invoices created just for testing purposes. Other most popular billing solutions (like WHMCS) offers this functionality and we were very happy with it.

This suggestion has been brought up before, and the community seemed to be against it almost universally:

http://staging.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/214-suggestion-remove-invoices-and-services

Basically, deleting an invoice goes against sound accounting principles, is not a good business practice, and calls the integrity of the billing system into question.  If you want to negate an invoice (as you described), you can simply void it out.  That leaves a record of the invoice having been created, but doesn't leave an outstanding AR.

• 2 years later...

To remove an invoice in Blesta, you have to go directly to the database. .

That is hacking now, meaning you are a robber to the business! You do not need to do that. The only thing I can ever try to look in the database is the admin password, if at all there was only one admin.

• 4 weeks later...

Here was a furious rant, written by angry engineer at night. Justified, but too furious. Simply: not having ability to delete test invoices and to alter data migrated from other systems is bad.

• Testing should occur in a non-production environment with a trial or dev license
  • Manually manipulating imported data can be done directly in the database, if you know what you're doing. This doesn't exist in Blesta as a feature, because it's not a normal function of the application. Someone could certainly create a plugin to allow invoices to be wiped out, but many localities do not allow this kind of behavior, so Blesta doesn't support it.

• Testing should occur in a non-production environment with a trial or dev license
  • Manually manipulating imported data can be done directly in the database, if you know what you're doing. This doesn't exist in Blesta as a feature, because it's not a normal function of the application. Someone could certainly create a plugin to allow invoices to be wiped out, but many localities do not allow this kind of behavior, so Blesta doesn't support it.

Hear hear!

• 4 weeks later...

let me push this request . we need such features .

voided invoice is not adequate for our use .

a feature  that can be enabled/disabled in company settings could be useful . 

And I'll repeat this again "It's not good for accounting and not recommended to do. Feel free to make a plugin to do it if you wish but I don't believe Blesta would go back on the quality of software by following inadequate ways

I agree such a delete feature may be best as a plugin. I'd write one if I had more free time. I imagine most people are merely looking for an option to delete a specific invoice, i.e. one at a time. If an invoice is tied to a service, that service may need to be deleted as well. Of course, you will need to be aware of any laws in your jurisdiction that oppose you deleting invoices.

I agree such a delete feature may be best as a plugin. I'd write one if I had more free time. I imagine most people are merely looking for an option to delete a specific invoice, i.e. one at a time. If an invoice is tied to a service, that service may need to be deleted as well. Of course, you will need to be aware of any laws in your jurisdiction that oppose you deleting invoices.

a plugin is required ; but it would add more clicks to staff .

it would be better if you could just add events to buttons actions near the buttons (Edit, View, Pay) ; that way we can inject our custom buttons in that place . and is easy for staff to achieve the action .

the same for the services buttons near the manage , that way we can also inject our custom buttons like move, change term ...ect ...

what really blesta need is the events . and i don't how many times i talked about this .

a plugin is required ; but it would add more clicks to staff .

it would be better if you could just add events to buttons actions near the buttons (Edit, View, Pay) ; that way we can inject our custom buttons in that place . and is easy for staff to achieve the action .

the same for the services buttons near the manage , that way we can also inject our custom buttons like move, change term ...ect ...

what really blesta need is the events . and i don't how many times i talked about this .

True but you have to tell them like your other thread else they won't know what to add and could end up making useless ones :)

A plugin tying into the UI to add links to table listings that will perform actions is a complicated feat. I don't see that as a viable strategy here. Either that behavior would have to be added to the core, or a plugin would need to manage the deletions from a separate page. It might be inconvenient to find the specific invoice again, but the plugin may be able to make it the process more convenient.

A plugin tying into the UI to add links to table listings that will perform actions is a complicated feat. I don't see that as a viable strategy here. Either that behavior would have to be added to the core, or a plugin would need to manage the deletions from a separate page. It might be inconvenient to find the specific invoice again, but the plugin may be able to make it the process more convenient.

in the invoices model, or client/admin_invoices specify the action botton that will be sent to the view like array ("edit"=>true , "pay"=>true , "viod"=>true) , and then  get the array event that will be merged with the actions buttons , in the view you will just make a foreach loop to display the buttons .

a simple and a usefull way , that way i use in my custom project with minphp .

• 6 months later...

+1 for deleting invoies. The European law does not request to keep stored the voided invoices. If an invoice is voided has the same value as deleted one.

We are always asking for such plugin or inbuild option asap.

BR,

Miros

CyberHour

hello

i have a plugin for this ... but for some license term i have to wait some time until i release it .

the plugin is simple , is listen to the invoice.edit event , if the invoice status is void, the plugin delete it .

the plugin has a button to delete all voided invoices in mass action .

the right to re-distribute the plugin will achieve in august , remind me to put the plugin for the community after the first week of august .

It's not good to delete invoices just like that, as in our country the law also requires that all the invoice numbers would go sequentially. Deleting older invoice would give a missing invoice number. So plugin that deletes all the voided invoices is a "no go".

Rather that, I'd suggest having ability to delete just the latest invoice. For example You created invoice for a wrong user or made some different kind of silly mistake. Maybe You tested something new. Deleting the latest invoice wouldn't be against a law, it doesn't break the numbering idea, it's wouldn't be related to any service yet, and You have ability to keep everything tidy.

It's not good to delete invoices just like that, as in our country the law also requires that all the invoice numbers would go sequentially. Deleting older invoice would give a missing invoice number. So plugin that deletes all the voided invoices is a "no go".

Rather that, I'd suggest having ability to delete just the latest invoice. For example You created invoice for a wrong user or made some different kind of silly mistake. Maybe You tested something new. Deleting the latest invoice wouldn't be against a law, it doesn't break the numbering idea, it's wouldn't be related to any service yet, and You have ability to keep everything tidy.

in other countries is not problem to delete old invoices or invoices .

also who use proforma type, why we should keep old proforma invoice that has more than xx month ?

for me is not a problem to delete a invoice if i want (if the law accept also) . if the plugin is not feet your need don't use it .