Cron Jobs

dboutell

Question

I am a completely new user. I managed to get the software loaded and running, I think.  Installation instructions said to set the cron jobs to run every 5 minutes. I went to the demo on blesta and looked at their automation settings. It looks like the settings from installation are pretty close to the same. I remember a cron key, which I had no idea about where to put it. Cron only works manually. There must be so much more that I need to do that I have no clue about. Help.

Your control panel is cPanel.

When you're logged into the Blesta admin, go to Settings and click on the System Tab. Click on 'Automation' and grab the cron code there. Next, login to cPanel and go to the cron section. You'll enter that code but make the change mentioned in this article from licensecart: https://licensecart.com/billing/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/206/cron-job-isn-t-working/10/

There was no article in that link. 

I did find "cron key goes here" in  ... blesta/app/controllers/cron.php

Is that where I put it?

If you click the link it would go to my Knowledgebase article which says:

use /usr/local/bin/php cron url instead of /usr/bin/php cron url

I don't support cPanel myself but look for: 

cpanel-select-cron-jobs.pngbf3.jpg

We use cookies, just to track visits to our website and when you place a order, we store no personal details. ACCEPT COOKIES DECLINE COOKIES

Welcome to Licensecart!
The home of high quality licenses...

Search

1. Home
  3.  Blesta
  5.  Errors
  7. Cron job isn't working?
Cron job isn't working?

If you are using /usr/bin/php before your cron try this: /usr/local/bin/php this issue is known to happen on cPanel.

Please rate this article to help us improve our Knowledge Base.

0  0

© 2015 Licensecart. All Rights Reserved.

poweredbyblestasmall.png

Interested in purchasing R1Soft with us? Reserve your interest…Find out more

Would this be what I put in the command line:  /blesta/app/controllers/cron.php

No, on the page stated above there's a command I don't think we can make it any clearer so I've made a small video for you: http://screencast.com/t/EgdVdeqtX8

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /chroot/home/stable/licensedemo.com/html/index.php cron

You see something like this but this is for InterWorx.

So you go to the cron job link in the picture above which are from cPanel

You then use the following formula:

*/5

And the command:

/usr/local/bin/php /chroot/home/stable/licensedemo.com/html/index.php cron

Would this be what I put in the command line:  /blesta/app/controllers/cron.php

You do NOT edit anything in the Blesta files.

Follow these instructions:

When you're logged into the Blesta admin, go to Settings and click on the System Tab. Click on 'Automation' and grab the cron code there. Next, login to cPanel and go to the cron section

When you copy that Cron command, replace use /usr/bin/php with use /usr/local/bin/php and enter it as the cron job within cPanel.

Ok, I added /usr/bin/php to the command line when I added a cron job.

When I went into the automation section, the cron command read:    */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/dboutell/public_html/blesta/index.php cron

Is that what it should be? I did not add that.  That is what was there.

Ok, I added /usr/bin/php to the command line when I added a cron job.

When I went into the automation section, the cron command read:    */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/dboutell/public_html/blesta/index.php cron

Is that what it should be? I did not add that.  That is what was there.

Ok this is the last time I'm telling you swap the /usr/bin/php to /usr/local/bin/php because cPanel doesn't do what Linux and other control panels do for PHP. If you ask again I will suggest you ask Site5 technical support and let them sort it out for you, it's really basic and not advanced stuff here, and if you are getting started in hosting the simplistic thing you will do is set-up a cron for your customers. I'm sorry if you are reading this thinking I'm a bastard but I've tried my hardest to put it in simple terms and it's taken to page 2 so far repeating myself.

Yes, am there.  Am I understanding correctly that I am to put : /usr/local/bin/php

in the command line?

I'm going to be very honest and say that you are not doing a good job of following directions at all

Enter this into the cron line command:

*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /home/YOUR-CPANEL-ACCOUNT-NAME/public_html/index.php cron

Replace YOUR-CPANEL-ACCOUNT-NAME with your actual cPanel account name before submitting the command.