Release 3.6.1

Cody

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some code needs to be refactored to support the remaining features we're including for v4, so it's taking longer than expected to update the design and integrate those changes. Good news is that it will be a better integration in the long run.

When these two tasks, CORE-1686 and CORE-1763, are complete it should be ready for beta.

Core 1763 is not a priority as we have already a working case . Is a improuvement of case that has no bug . For me let it down :)

It is a priority for us to include it in the version 4 release, so we can't drop it. It requires several core changes that need to be made anyway, which lets us factor out some code to be deprecated, and simplify the code base. These changes have to be made at some point, and there is a larger benefit to them happening now.

+1.

In the mean time, try the new whmcs 6 and u won't want to use blesta 3.x

Why bother coming here then if you are going to post crap like that? Go and enjoy leaving your front door open, until they screw you over by forcing you to use the latest PHP when it comes out stable, if your host doesn't feel safe to upgrade you are stuck... oh well who gives a dam. If you don't secure your house / office no-one will use you and that's what you are doing using software called crapsolutions. They make it look like they are using secure hard wood but all you know about because they hide it with lots of paint.

The way he said it is totally inappropriate and lacks respect, but shunning him for an opinion isn't right :) 

I have a fairly large commitment towards Blesta (addon companies), but I can't actually use Blesta for what I need it to do. Do I want to use Blesta? YES. But right now, I'm stuck using WHMCS because of core components that Blesta will not get to until 4.1 at least.

The reason I can't use Blesta? Because it would take a lot more money to customize it and bring it up to speed, than it would be to simply use a competing product. And even then, it wouldn't be 100%

Let's be honest here guys, the development of Blesta is pretty slow. I'm not sure if the hope was that 3rd party developers would take up the slack, but there's been a really big mis-read on what your customers are using Blesta for, and what you think they should be using Blesta for.

I think WHMCS got their act together security-wise, finally. But I don't like their company, I don't like how cPanel runs things either (but use them for server software... because cPanel).

I really like Blesta, I met the Blesta guys at multiple Hostingcons, great guys, but Blesta needs to kick it up a notch if it wants to grow and put a dent in competitors' market-share. 

I'm still rooting for Blesta, i haven't sold my license, and still pay for updates even if I don't use it. But I wish Blesta would really start focusing on what customers want to use Blesta for, how they use it, how many clicks it takes to get to something, intuitiveness, along with a whole bunch of other things, and start moving development resources towards those pain points first, and worrying a lot less about ancillary stuff.

Maybe even provide smaller, quicker updates. When a new feature is built and tested, ship it out. Stop waiting 3+ months to make bigger splashes with releases. You're a smaller company, who should be much nimbler than your bigger competitors. Use that to your advantage. You have the ability to pivot quickly and release things nearly as fast. I don't know why you don't do it. 

Like someone once told me, it's fine to give out ideas and roadmaps about where you're going. It's the execution that counts, and few people can do that part well.  

The way he said it is totally inappropriate and lacks respect, but shunning him for an opinion isn't right :)

I have a fairly large commitment towards Blesta (addon companies), but I can't actually use Blesta for what I need it to do. Do I want to use Blesta? YES. But right now, I'm stuck using WHMCS because of core components that Blesta will not get to until 4.1 at least.

The reason I can't use Blesta? Because it would take a lot more money to customize it and bring it up to speed, than it would be to simply use a competing product. And even then, it wouldn't be 100%

Let's be honest here guys, the development of Blesta is pretty slow. I'm not sure if the hope was that 3rd party developers would take up the slack, but there's been a really big mis-read on what your customers are using Blesta for, and what you think they should be using Blesta for.

I think WHMCS got their act together security-wise, finally. But I don't like their company, I don't like how cPanel runs things either (but use them for server software... because cPanel).

I really like Blesta, I met the Blesta guys at multiple Hostingcons, great guys, but Blesta needs to kick it up a notch if it wants to grow and put a dent in competitors' market-share. 

I'm still rooting for Blesta, i haven't sold my license, and still pay for updates even if I don't use it. But I wish Blesta would really start focusing on what customers want to use Blesta for, how they use it, how many clicks it takes to get to something, intuitiveness, along with a whole bunch of other things, and start moving development resources towards those pain points first, and worrying a lot less about ancillary stuff.

Maybe even provide smaller, quicker updates. When a new feature is built and tested, ship it out. Stop waiting 3+ months to make bigger splashes with releases. You're a smaller company, who should be much nimbler than your bigger competitors. Use that to your advantage. You have the ability to pivot quickly and release things nearly as fast. I don't know why you don't do it. 

Like someone once told me, it's fine to give out ideas and roadmaps about where you're going. It's the execution that counts, and few people can do that part well.  

Constructive criticism, thank you :) I appreciate the feedback.