Release 3.6.1

Cody

The way he said it is totally inappropriate and lacks respect, but shunning him for an opinion isn't right :)

I have a fairly large commitment towards Blesta (addon companies), but I can't actually use Blesta for what I need it to do. Do I want to use Blesta? YES. But right now, I'm stuck using WHMCS because of core components that Blesta will not get to until 4.1 at least.

The reason I can't use Blesta? Because it would take a lot more money to customize it and bring it up to speed, than it would be to simply use a competing product. And even then, it wouldn't be 100%

Let's be honest here guys, the development of Blesta is pretty slow. I'm not sure if the hope was that 3rd party developers would take up the slack, but there's been a really big mis-read on what your customers are using Blesta for, and what you think they should be using Blesta for.

I think WHMCS got their act together security-wise, finally. But I don't like their company, I don't like how cPanel runs things either (but use them for server software... because cPanel).

I really like Blesta, I met the Blesta guys at multiple Hostingcons, great guys, but Blesta needs to kick it up a notch if it wants to grow and put a dent in competitors' market-share. 

I'm still rooting for Blesta, i haven't sold my license, and still pay for updates even if I don't use it. But I wish Blesta would really start focusing on what customers want to use Blesta for, how they use it, how many clicks it takes to get to something, intuitiveness, along with a whole bunch of other things, and start moving development resources towards those pain points first, and worrying a lot less about ancillary stuff.

Maybe even provide smaller, quicker updates. When a new feature is built and tested, ship it out. Stop waiting 3+ months to make bigger splashes with releases. You're a smaller company, who should be much nimbler than your bigger competitors. Use that to your advantage. You have the ability to pivot quickly and release things nearly as fast. I don't know why you don't do it. 

Like someone once told me, it's fine to give out ideas and roadmaps about where you're going. It's the execution that counts, and few people can do that part well.  

Honestly pretty much 100% agree with this post. I love the idea of Blesta, but just does not support what I need for a hosting company. (have talked to Paul over phone on this in the past.) Ironically thinking of using my license for remote support billing.

I have given constructive criticism, praise and suggestions.. certain people hijack every single thread on this forum. And then you lock the threads because they get hijacked.

I own multiple blesta and multiple whmcs licenses.

From a development and coding point of view Blesta is better.

From a business point of view WHMCS 6 is better.

I have given constructive criticism, praise and suggestions.. certain people *Licensecart* hijacks every single thread on this forum. And then you lock the threads because they get hijacked.

@Licensecart .. reply to every thread for your free advertising

Totally free advertising... I get free advertising when people google, I don't need to advertise on a forum I moderate and it is a free public forum so I can post on any thread I like. Like you can spread fud without getting banned If I had my way you wouldn't have that post above but I'm a moderator so I control spam, I know you have a Blesta license you are using it on that site of yours and you have a license with us sadly.

I have given constructive criticism, praise and suggestions.. certain people hijack every single thread on this forum. And then you lock the threads because they get hijacked.

Fair enough. We are listening, and doing our best to implement what people want. Constructive criticism helps. We actually care what people think, and don't try to suppress criticism it like the other guys. I think that says a lot.

Sorry but your post above(not this one I quote,but previous ) is not constructive criticism...constructive criticism is when you post your opinion about blesta with valid facts  without advertising their competition or post provocative comments....but unlike Mike I think that post should stay..maybe even bold it...it say more about you than about blesta or WHMCS.

It is Ok to use WHMCS I use it once.....but I don't see why post such provocative comments...like you are angry .

I mean it is not  ex Wife..it just ex-billing script....to be honest your post above is like it was made by 10 year old kid .....I don't see any point ....you sound like angry bride ....

• 2 weeks later...

@Nelsa domain management, deleting of invoices, etc.

Fact remains, licensecart has successfully hijacked these forums and virtually every post has a reply from him.

Every license someone purchases from licensecart instead of directly from blesta.com is approximately a 60% revenue loss for the blesta project.

60% loss to revenue ... is a 60% loss to development and coding.

That's completely irrelevant to the thread. It's up to Blesta to make their own business decisions regarding how licensing works. That's entirely their business and we aren't privy to any details. 

I'd rather keep this thread fairly on topic. We're still waiting for 4.0 / 4.1, and I'm anxious to see if Blesta incorporates any suggestions from this thread and other places in the forum. 

@Nelsa domain management, deleting of invoices, etc.

Fact remains, licensecart has successfully hijacked these forums and virtually every post has a reply from him.

Every license someone purchases from licensecart instead of directly from blesta.com is approximately a 60% revenue loss for the blesta project.

60% loss to revenue ... is a 60% loss to development and coding.

Hey I just pinted to one of your post which looks to me like inappropriate,I don't have anything against critizm ,giving suggestions..etc and I'm not defending anyone when it comes Blesta development,I just think we should communicate at proper way. I'm always open for discussion about anything but it should be done properly,with facts and without be provocative..that is all.When it comes to blesta bussiness model...well it is their problem and I will not comment that...

Yes domain menagment is something that makes things harder for me also but we all know domain menagment will not be changed till 4.1 so I can only wait,when it comes invoicing in my case it is not at top of the list....but I think deleting should be one of the option.

I think it is not included because in most countries it is forbiden to delete invoice but not in all..Even in countries where it is forbiden to delete invoice  if someone want to do it..will do it at  one or other way.

Since this is topic dedicated to B 4 i will not go deeper...

Hi,4.0.xx are bug fixes releases and ment for patch fixes and minor changes of existing releases.

New funcionallity you should expect in major releases 4.x.xx.

So if new domain menagment is not introduced in 4.0(we already know it will not be in 4.0)than you can expect it in major upgrade 4.1.

If I remember correctly they say it will be introduced in 4.1