Blesta Cron Job

WebhostingNZ.com

Hey,

I read a lot of people have problems with getting the cron job running.  I myself never managed to get it to work correct although could run it manually from shell, it did not work as softaculous installed the cron.  I made the edits Licensecart suggests for cPanel path to PHP.  I tried php-cli instead of just PHP nothing would work.  If you are in the same boat there is a simple way around it.

Setup a webcron, this is the same method a popular CMS runs it's crons:

*/5 * * * * wget -q -O - http://{ domain & path to blesta}/cron/?cron_key={cronkey} >/dev/null 2>&1

You can get your cron key under settings -> system -> automation, just click the update cron key.  If it's empty click generate code then 'UPDATE CRON KEY' and put it into the above cron.  You can drop off the >/dev/null 2&1 from the end if you have configured an email address for crons to send emails to and you wish to check it is running every 5 minutes.  Put it back when you are sick of an email every 5 minutes.

If there is a reason this is not a good method to use please let me know, it seems a simple answer to people having problems with cPanel crons.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

perfect. just in the process of migrating and wget is the only way I could get the crown to run in my new setup. cheers

If there is a reason this is not a good method to use please let me know, it seems a simple answer to people having problems with cPanel crons.

would also like to know the answer to this but I assume the silence means it's ok.

I have had many problems with cpanel and pipe and choose to use pop at the end of it all.

Pipe should work without problem,I used it for quite long time...now I'm using one e-mail account just for support departments and SMTP to handle e-mails but never had issues with pipe...