[Plugin] Mass Mailer

Abdy

This script is using the mail command which means it will not respect the email settings you may have set in the admin.

Also, beware of script timeouts.  If you have a lot of customers this could be something that takes a little bit to run.

You wouldn't want to run it again as it will resend to that first batch of users a second time so be careful.

This script is using the mail command which means it will not respect the email settings you may have set in the admin.

Also, beware of script timeouts.  If you have a lot of customers this could be something that takes a little bit to run.

You wouldn't want to run it again as it will resend to that first batch of users a second time so be careful.

Thanks for the feedback, I will integrate the Email Component of Blesta in the Next Update. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I will integrate the Email Component of Blesta in the Next Update. :)

Sounds awesome.

Past that, if you can add a task to be run during the cron job which will send emails in the background that would be even better.  Granted this is probably quite a bit more work, it would make it so you don't have to worry about any timeouts.

Sounds awesome.

Past that, if you can add a task to be run during the cron job which will send emails in the background that would be even better.  Granted this is probably quite a bit more work, it would make it so you don't have to worry about any timeouts.

Its good a idea but this requires more work, Probably for the next update. :)

Sounds awesome.

i prefer fo the dev to not lose time in something that will be ready in core in version 4 . so the simple work has been done .

@cyandark thanks for your work and sharing .

i prefer fo the dev to not lose time in something that will be ready in core in version 4 . so the simple work has been done .

@cyandark thanks for your work and sharing .

Is the core one done yet? If it isn't why couldn't this be the main plugin for mass mailing and the blesta dev's can work on other tasks. 

Is the core one done yet? If it isn't why couldn't this be the main plugin for mass mailing and the blesta dev's can work on other tasks. 

It's being done in 4.0 and has a lot of features. It's been planned for ages and all worked out, so it will be released.https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-621

it would be nice also . i prefer blesta team spend time in core thing than a plugin, i have already read a debate about what is important , mass mailer or domain manager refactor , casting by licencecart and paulov and naja7host :)

so i go with the core road than the plugins .

It's being done in 4.0 and has a lot of features. It's been planned for ages and all worked out, so it will be released.https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-621

It doesn't, as far as I know, need any core work done which makes it a better candidate for a 3rd party dev to tackle it.  Just because their task has a lot of features doesn't mean that someone else couldn't develop them as well.  I would rather them fix things in the core which make everything easier for other devs and users and have cyandark and others work on plugins that they have the current capabilities to develop themselves.

We would rather focus on the core as well, but we promised the mass mailer in v4 and are planning to deliver on that.

We are continuing to make improvements to the core, and with the exception of the mass mailer, v4 is largely about the core. The minPHP upgrade and raising system requirements to PHP 5.4+ puts us in a pretty good position going forward. There will be usability improvements in v4, and probably every feature release in the foreseeable future. There are some tasks in Blesta that can be streamlined and simplified and we appreciate the feedback we've received. We're on it!  :blesta: