[Module] cPanel Extended Module for Blesta (Broken)

Abdy

Hi belive cyandark is going to finish asap the module, and i'm sure if it's not finished yet it's because he's having some troubles/bugs to solve. But he should keep us updated about what's going on.

When he ask for help i was one of the first to say "i will donate" and he reply "i will finish in 24 december" well... we are 1 week before carnival...in february 2018 and almost no words, nothing.

For me the worse is lack of communication. And that's a bad signal... really. 

2 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

but with a pre-order you pay a retail shop, but with this people paid on a crowdfunded with all funds going even if they didn't meet the target. If I pre-ordered a game with Argos (uk shop) I'm protected by the UK laws and regulations but if the shop closed down and into administration I could lose everything.

I want to point out that @cyandark originally said he would refund all money if the target amount was not met and it never was met. He just 'said' he was still going to develop the extension and to this date hasn't.

14 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

I want to point out that @cyandark originally said he would refund all money if the target amount was not met and it never was met. He just 'said' he was still going to develop the extension and to this date hasn't.

I wonder if you can use that then to get the money back.

The module has not been abandoned and is still under development, but it is a large module and is being developed from 0. In February it will definitely be released to the public.

I initially miscalculated the timing of the development and I apologize for that.

However, if someone wishes, as indicated in the campaign you can request a refund. You can send me a PM to request a refund.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FloXera-Jose said:

"In February it will definitely be released to the public."

coff .. coff .. coff... ...

I know, I know :( 

I'm working at full speed on the module, however some details are missing. But I will send tomorrow an email to the contributors with more information an access to the second beta, So they can see the current progress.

On 14/03/2018 at 3:38 AM, cyandark said:

The new version will include confirmation popovers on all irreversible action buttons, such as the "Delete" button.

There is not yet available.

Hello Cyan, the new blesta versions allow modules to set their own message, so you can override " the data was successfully sent" :)

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

Hello Cyan, the new blesta versions allow modules to set their own message, so you can override " the data was successfully sent" :)

Thanks, I'm going to take that into consideration. :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BeZazz said:

I was wondering what is happening with this.

Is it still being worked on?

Did anyone ask for a refund and get the refund or not get the refund?

I haven't heard anything about progress but I know he's been working directly for Blesta on other tasks. One could hope this gets added to the core in the future..... We did request a refund and he promptly issued it.

8 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

I haven't heard anything about progress but I know he's been working directly for Blesta on other tasks. One could hope this gets added to the core in the future..... We did request a refund and he promptly issued it.

Thanks for the information.

Good to hear about the refund.

40 minutes ago, GosuHost said:

We requested and received a refund promptly, his expected completion date was end of December, we are at the end of may (5 months later).

Hi there, I am a new person. Are this project their problems? I see they still update schedule, so should I request a refund?

Everyone who requested a refund received it within 24 hours.

I'm really sorry about what happened and promise to reward the people involved as an apology. Everyone who received a refund, will still receive the license (perk) they originally purchased when the module gets released for free.

I don't want to make the same mistake again, so this time I'd rather not give a release date. I take responsibility for the mistake I made and I hope to be able to amend my mistake soon and make my best effort to never repeat it again. I don't want to use this as an excuse, I take full responsibility for the mistake I made, but I think I owe everyone an explanation. 

The development of the module started in the last week of November 2017, but because I had several projects and tasks to do for other clients, I had no more time available in my schedule to develop the module on my own. So I decided to hire a full-time PHP developer in the first week of December to take over the development of the module. However, for reasons unknown to me, the last week of December my developer quit, causing development to stop.  I personally like to make code that not only works, but is also visually beautiful, trying my best to follow the development standards and follow good coding practices. 

However, I couldn't find another developer that met my criteria, because very few developers are familiar with Blesta. Because of this I started working on the module on my own during the weekends to prevent development from stopping completely, but it still ended up being delayed considerably. Having already finished some of the biggest projects I had, last week I resumed the development of the module again, at half time. Also, last week I got a new developer who will be able to help me in the development.

During this time I decided to make some changes. The final release of the module will not be called cPanel Extended, as I try to avoid confusion with the ModulesGarden module. In addition, the module will not be released under the CyanDark brand, as I am working on a new site specifically dedicated to sell only Blesta related products. With a development team independent of the CyanDark's team to avoid problems.

This is one of the most popular modules that I have, and I promise you that I will not let the module die, soon I will publish more news about the progress of development, but I prefer not to give an ETA at the moment, to avoid problems.

Anyway, I give you my sincere apologies and I hope you can pardon me for my mistake.

• Beav locked this topic