[Module] cPanel Extended Module for Blesta (Broken)

Abdy

Seems to be working for me - in terms of functionality but icons don't seem to be working, and the Softaculous function doesn't work either. 

See my screenshot for the problem with the icons

cpextended.png

Hi, You can send me a PM with the HTML Source Code generated?

@MineHarvest66 The error appears when you try to add a service?

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that this in the welcome email:

{% for name_server in module.name_servers %}

Name server: {module.name_servers}{% endfor %}

Displays:

Name server: Array

Name server: Array

All other tags work properly in v4.3. Thanks!

you have the s on {module.name_server}...

Just a few ideas:

Typo under switch

"Switch instantly from our control panel to cPanel for manage your hosting account."

should be "to manage"

Random username

I like the idea of random usernames however is it possible to change the order. Currently its random 4 characters followed by first 4 characters of domain. Is it possible to switch that around so its first 4 characters of domain followed by the random characters?

Email switch

I don't know if I'm mistaken but tasty used to have the ability to login to a specific email account. so in the drop down next to the email account which shows change password there was a login to webmail option. Could you implement something similar? In fact i think it would be best to move change quota to the dropdown and  add Login to Webmail in its place.

Also I don't think webmail in the switch section is particularly useful as it logs in to the default account which is generally going to be garble that nobody uses. I think it should be removed in favour for switching to the desired email account from the emails menu.

Thanks for the great work =]

Just a few ideas:

Typo under switch

"Switch instantly from our control panel to cPanel for manage your hosting account."

should be "to manage"

Random username

I like the idea of random usernames however is it possible to change the order. Currently its random 4 characters followed by first 4 characters of domain. Is it possible to switch that around so its first 4 characters of domain followed by the random characters?

Email switch

I don't know if I'm mistaken but tasty used to have the ability to login to a specific email account. so in the drop down next to the email account which shows change password there was a login to webmail option. Could you implement something similar? In fact i think it would be best to move change quota to the dropdown and  add Login to Webmail in its place.

Also I don't think webmail in the switch section is particularly useful as it logs in to the default account which is generally going to be garble that nobody uses. I think it should be removed in favour for switching to the desired email account from the emails menu.

Thanks for the great work =]

We will take your ideas in consideration for the next update. :blesta:

you have the s on {module.name_server}...

So, this didn't work. It was a blank space on the email:

{% for name_server in module.name_server %}

Name server: {module.name_server}{% endfor %}

When I look at the available tags for cPanel extended, there isn't one for nameservers. I'm using v4.3

So, this didn't work. It was a blank space on the email:

{% for name_server in module.name_server %}

Name server: {module.name_server}{% endfor %}

When I look at the available tags for cPanel extended, there isn't one for nameservers. I'm using v4.3

mate... you removed the other "S" I said: {module.name_server} not the whole top God SAKE MAN! *Joking*.

Name server: {module.name_server}
{% endfor %}

The top for name_server sets the Variable from the module.name_servers

That means you can use that variable in a tag.

Edit: I'm a British twat, ignore me :D

Name server: {name_server}{% endfor %}

mate... you removed the other "S" I said: {module.name_server} not the whole top God SAKE MAN! *Joking*.

{% endfor %}

Thanks For Answer. :)

{% endfor %}

Not sure what's going on but now it only prints out Nameserver:

@ModuleMatic - You may already know but this plugin is only supporting up to 8 characters for a username vs. 16. Is there a quick fix or is it more involved?

You should be able to make this file change to fix it for this module.

Not sure what's going on but now it only prints out Nameserver:

If it prints out "Name server:", then there is a name server, but it is blank. Double-check the name server is defined when you edit the module row under [settings] -> [Modules] -> (Manage).

You should be able to make this file change to fix it for this module.

If it prints out "Name server:", then there is a name server, but it is blank. Double-check the name server is defined when you edit the module row under [settings] -> [Modules] -> (Manage).

Thanks for the help. Line 786 in the file components/module/cpanelextended/cpanelextended.php is what needs to be changed with this module.

I do have the nameservers defined under [settings] -> [Modules] -> (Manage). I'm wondering if it's an issue with this specific module?

I do have the nameservers defined under [settings] -> [Modules] -> (Manage). I'm wondering if it's an issue with this specific module?

I haven't looked at @cyandark's module, so I don't know if it is a module issue or not. However, you can double-check to make sure the tags you're using are correct in both the HTML and Text tabs of the email template, just to be sure. They should be:

I haven't looked at @cyandark's module, so I don't know if it is a module issue or not. However, you can double-check to make sure the tags you're using are correct in both the HTML and Text tabs of the email template, just to be sure. They should be:

This is what I used last:

Nameservers:

{% for name_server in module.name_servers %}{name_server}{% endfor %}

Got it from licensecart and most of it looks identical (I know he gave me a different way to make it display) so I think it's something to do with this module. Could still be wrong though.

Once again, I appreciate all of the help.

This is what I used last:

Nameservers:

{% for name_server in module.name_servers %}{name_server}{% endfor %}

Got it from licensecart and most of it looks identical (I know he gave me a different way to make it display) so I think it's something to do with this module. Could still be wrong though.

Once again, I appreciate all of the help.

Looking at the code, it appears that the nameservers are not included as email tags by the module.

You can make them available by updating /components/modules/cpanelextended/cpanelextended.php.

Find these lines:

'module' => array(
    'host_name'
),

update them to:

'module' => array(
    'host_name',
    'name_servers'
),

Once you make that change, the name servers should appear in emails that are sent.

Looking at the code, it appears that the nameservers are not included as email tags by the module.

You can make them available by updating /components/modules/cpanelextended/cpanelextended.php.

Find these lines:

'module' => array(
    'host_name'
),

update them to:

'module' => array(
    'host_name',
    'name_servers'
),

Once you make that change, the name servers should appear in emails that are sent.

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to look at and support a module that isn't a core part of Blesta. I really appreciate it.

Find these lines:

'module' => array(
    'host_name'
),

update them to:

'module' => array(
    'host_name',
    'name_servers'
),

Thanks Tyson, I will make a update Soon with your fix. :blesta:

Sorry to all users for the delay in the update and my responses in the forum, But I'm busy around this Days, I will make an Awesome Update Soon in response to my delay. :)

Find these lines:

'module' => array(
    'host_name'
),

update them to:

'module' => array(
    'host_name',
    'name_servers'
),

This worked just fine. The only change I made was to put each nameserver on a separate line. It printed ns1.domain.comns2.domain.com

Thanks again Tyson!

• 3 weeks later...

As promised previously, today I've tried the plugin again and it still does't work.

When clicking links such as 'Dashboard' and 'Softaculous' I just get PHP errors and when using the 'switch' links for CPanel and webmail the module directs you to 'https://localhost:2083'rather than your designated server hostname.  

It just doesn't work, hoping the developer sorts out these issues as I'd really love to use this plugin.

As promised previously, today I've tried the plugin again and it still does't work.

When clicking links such as 'Dashboard' and 'Softaculous' I just get PHP errors and when using the 'switch' links for CPanel and webmail the module directs you to 'https://localhost:2083'rather than your designated server hostname.  

It just doesn't work, hoping the developer sorts out these issues as I'd really love to use this plugin.

It's working perfectly fine for me. then again i haven't dared to upgrade to 4.3. all switch links, email templates etc work perfectly fine in 4.2 for me. but if i remember correctly some people (possibly you) were having problems with 4.2 which modulematic tried to fix for 4.3 in turn apparently introducing  new problems by the sounds of it.

whats your server config like. php version, web server etc. i think i remember having some problems with the switch links when i switched to apache briefly from litespeed while trouble shooting something else but then again that may not have been exclusively due to apache.

all i can say is that its working swimmingly for me on blesta 3.6.1, php 5.5/6, with litespeed and cloudlinux but thats version 4.2. it may help if modulematic mentions what his dev environment is like cuz my guess is its working for him too. maybe there are some dependencies that he hasn't mentioned?

also to point out just scrolling back most of the problems appeared to be on reseller accounts. although i have root access i tend to configure these things with reseller accounts just fine so maybe there may be something going on at your hosts level?