Blesta Suspending But Not Terminating Cpanel Accounts

kikloo

Question

13 answers to this question

So you mean to say that Blesta will never cancel the service itself ?? Wow!!!!

Blesta is built on modules and plugins, not everyone wants automatic cancellation, not everyone uses the order system, not everyone uses the support manager it's install what you want, configure it how you want, edit it how you want billing system.

Blesta is built on modules and plugins, not everyone wants automatic cancellation, not everyone uses the order system, not everyone uses the support manager it's install what you want, configure it how you want, edit it how you want billing system.

but cancel services in X days should be in core, for us no problem if exist in plugin , but the plugin should be supporting some other feature like notification emails .

Its wrong, if the core is creating, upgrading / downgrading, suspending / un-suspending then whats the issue with cancelling ? I thought I had not done some setting properly and due to that they were not getting cancelled. Now I have to find out manually which got suspended and have to cancel them manually. Blesta is becoming more and more manual work for me.

Its wrong, if the core is creating, upgrading / downgrading, suspending / un-suspending then whats the issue with cancelling ? I thought I had not done some setting properly and due to that they were not getting cancelled. Now I have to find out manually which got suspended and have to cancel them manually. Blesta is becoming more and more manual work for me.

Canceling a service is a detrimental unrecoverable action. Perhaps in the future when additional functionality is added to allow for (partially) uncanceling a service this can be revisited. The Auto Cancel plugin, however, will perform the action you're looking to accomplish. Ideally, the core should be an extensible framework which supports integrating additional features via plugin. Simply adding everything to the core is the approach we want to avoid.

From our experience, most customers that have a suspended service for several days end up coming back to reactivate it, and canceling it instead can be much more of an inconvenience for them than keeping it suspended. A VPS service, for example, could be removed and all content deleted on cancelation, and its data may not be recoverable if the customer needs it afterward.

Canceling a service is a detrimental unrecoverable action. Perhaps in the future when additional functionality is added to allow for (partially) uncanceling a service this can be revisited. The Auto Cancel plugin, however, will perform the action you're looking to accomplish. Ideally, the core should be an extensible framework which supports integrating additional features via plugin. Simply adding everything to the core is the approach we want to avoid.

From our experience, most customers that have a suspended service for several days end up coming back to reactivate it, and canceling it instead can be much more of an inconvenience for them than keeping it suspended. A VPS service, for example, could be removed and all content deleted on cancelation, and its data may not be recoverable if the customer needs it afterward.

Don't add cancel to vps service, add cancel to hosting services, btw I think billing system should not think that deeply, tech people will do the restorations from the backups if required. Almost every host have offsite backups, or backups on secondary drives etc. Billing should do billing, if creating on time then cancelling on time also. Blesta simply is failing to work for me again and again!!! Its simply becoming too much manual work!!!

Don't add cancel to vps service, add cancel to hosting services, btw I think billing system should not think that deeply, tech people will do the restorations from the backups if required. Almost every host have offsite backups, or backups on secondary drives etc. Billing should do billing, if creating on time then cancelling on time also. Blesta simply is failing to work for me again and again!!! Its simply becoming too much manual work!!!

Now you're assuming every host has a backup service... you'll find 70% of hosts don't have it.

The plugin schedules cancellations and will solve your issue. In terms of notifications, update your late notice/payment reminders to include information about the service being cancelled. For example, if your 3rd late notice goes out 10 days after the invoice was due, and you cancel (via the plugin) 11 days after, then you can say "Your service will be cancelled TOMORROW", or something along those lines.

Hi,

I installed the plugin and nothing happened. No account that have been suspended by Blesta got cancelled. What to do ?

Thanks.

Sounds like you either don't have a cron configured to run, the task to schedule the cancellations did not run yet, or you didn't configure the plugin correctly.

When the plugin runs it schedules cancellation for services based on the configurable options you set. Those services remain in a scheduled cancel state until Blesta (core) see that it's time to cancel them. Blesta (core) will then process the cancellation internally as well as remotely with the service's module.

Find the service you expect to be cancelled. When it's scheduled for cancellation it will have a timer icon next to it. When the scheduled cancellation date lapses Blesta will cancel the service.