Cron Not Running Unless I Manually Do It.

kingdl

Question

Hello,

So I have a problem with my business, and what it is, is a Minecraft Hosting company. Right now when a customer wants to buy a minecraft server I would like it to automadiclly activate that account so they can get started, instead of sending it to pending. I always need to manually run rcon, once then everything is perfect. I have everthing working, just the stupid rcon thing is not running on auto. Please I need some help.

Also for some reason my website for blesta loads like SUPER slow, if anyone has any solutions on how I could fix that it would help a ton on my patients.

17 answers to this question

Well, I do not use any kind/form of panel. Also I am using xampp for my website hoster thing. All i did was unzip the folder that I downloaded and copy pasted it into my xampp folder. I setup a mysql server on a different computer. All I use is the blesta itself with the multicraft module. So I don't know if that will effect cron. I just want something that will auto accept the pending's, and make it accepted so they can start editing there server. 

Here are the links to the company.

Company website: http://rockieshosting.com

Checking out a server: http://rockieshosting.com/blesta/order/main/packages/Minecrat%20Hosting%20Plans/?group_id=4

Feel free to just select the free server and just watch the slowness its quite painful. Its even slower in the admin panel interface.

But the slowness doesnt matter at the moment, I just would love this cron thingy to work to auto accept the pending services. Can I make it so there are not even any pending services, if it could just make it active automadicly without cron stuff?

I don't know man.

I suspect the slowness may be due to your MySQL server on another computer. What is the network speed between the web server and this MySQL server? It may not be able to keep up with the requests from the web server, or just takes too long to respond over the network.

If you want automated actions to take place, you'll need to have a cron job setup to do them. Blesta doesn't setup a cron job automatically, as it depends on your environment.

You wouldn't be able to subvert the 'pending' status of services, as they are pending often because they are unpaid or awaiting moderation and thus not ready to be activated.

Your license is valid for whatever term you ordered it for (monthly/yearly/etc.), so no, it will not be terminated. The only potential issue is if you reinstall Blesta in a different location (different domain, subdomain, or directory), then you will likely need to re-issue the license so that it will then be tied to your new install location. You can login to your account with us and re-issue the license yourself at any time by clicking "Manage" next to your license in the Services table. Then check the "Reissue" checkbox and save. When you try to login to your Blesta installation it will validate the new license location and you can login.

If you say you're using XAMP then you already have MySQL bundled and should use 'localhost' for your database connection. That would definitely speed things up. Blesta runs pretty well on a Raspberry Pi so it's not likely your machine slowing things down. But if you do run your database from localhost and you still experience slowness, then there's definitely something going on with your server. Like maybe you're infected with a trojan mining bitcoins or sending out spam.

So i ditched xampp, and installed on wamp. It is much better, the reason why i did this was because wamp had the built in mailing service, so now my customers get the email. But now im having retarted problems, for some odd reason when i buy a free minecraft server and manually run cron, it will not activate the alserver no matter what, but if i went to the the pending service and manually do it from there like inter in the daemon id and stuff it works perfectly . I dont get why im having so many problems, i ix one thing another occurs. Any ideas on this problem?

The service will only be activated under the following conditions:

1. Your cron is setup to run automatically at a certain interval, or you run the cron manually
  2. The automation task "Provision Paid Pending Services" is enabled
  3. The invoice, if any, associated with the service is paid in full
  4. The service is in "Pending" status. If it is "In Review", then the order form you ordered it from is set to "Require Manual Review and Approval of All Orders". This requires an admin to accept the order before it can be changed to Pending status, and this can be done on the [billing] -> [Overview] page in the Orders widget. If you don't see the orders widget on this page, you can add it using the link on the left to "Manage Widgets".

I would recommend checking the Module logs under [Tools] -> [Logs] to see if any requests were made to Multicraft. There may be an error preventing Multicraft from adding the server, and you will be able to find more details by looking at the raw Input/Output when clicking on the table row.

Aw man, I thank you so much... First time i tried to look at the multicraft logs i would hit the multicraft name cause it was highlighted blue and it would redirect me to somewhere else that did not show the logs. This time when I went to hit the blue name multicraft i missed and hit the center, and it dropped down showing the logs.... Turns out I had the same username on my multicraft panel. D;

-I thank you again for all you hard work.

Alright, so everything was going smoothly when setting up url cron. As i went tot the last step i had to add the .htacces file. adding  that to my file no longers make some have access to blesta completely ..  When i installed blesta i had to remove that to get onto my panel. How in anyaway could i make it woke? btw in using wamp.

EDIT:

Error that i have found 

[client BLANK:1040] C:/wamp/www/blesta/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteCond', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Yea i figured that out, Once i enabled it, it still didnt work. So i started googling, so..... Do i need to enable openssl with wamp, get my certification key stuff for ssl or whatever it is. Or do i just enable it, and its stupposed to work, cause if so thats not what happened to me. I did everything in that article then once i goto my website it just says it cant connect to it.

Yea i figured that out, Once i enabled it, it still didnt work. So i started googling, so..... Do i need to enable openssl with wamp, get my certification key stuff for ssl or whatever it is. Or do i just enable it, and its stupposed to work, cause if so thats not what happened to me. I did everything in that article then once i goto my website it just says it cant connect to it.

Configuring a web server is outside the scope of support we can provide. The community of web hosts here may be able to help you with that, but it sounds like you might be better off getting your hosting from a web hosting company.