Replace Exec Mysqldump With A Pure Php Mysqldump

activa

a lot of host and providers disable the exec  functions . like us we disable it even if we use a own vps just for billing .

yesterday we have recieved a new plugin of backups done from naja7host for remote cloud backups .

and we find that the backup use a native php class for backup rather than the exec function used in bleta core .

the class used is located here https://github.com/ifsnop/mysqldump-php .

we suggest to add this class in the core or use a semilar class tgo do the backup proccess .

I can't see this happening. We're talking about backing up a database. It's a critical process that should be executed as fast and as efficient as possible.

Someone could create a plugin that uses this slow, and not very well written, library if they wanted to avoid using exec commands. But the penalty is not worth the gain in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

if the script can be exploited someday , you will know why i will disable exec . it's a mesure to minimize he damage IF something happen .

If there is a vulnerability, chances are it won't even need exec perms to be exploited. If it's a big concern, you'll want to use an alternative tool to back up your database. R1Soft works very well, and I would highly recommend it. It's also a good idea to run Blesta on a private server.