Duplicate Package Numbers After Whmcs Import Into Free Trial

jasontyde

Question

Hello Community,

I'm new to Blesta and am currently testing it out under the free trial.

I have successfully imported my data from WHMCS and only had to tweak the imported data a little to align with Blesta's expectations.

However, I do note what could be a problem. I'm seeing duplicate Package ID numbers as shown in the attached screenshot.

Can anyone explain what happened here? What are the repercussions and what is the fix?

Thanks for helping me out.

Cheers, Jason

post-11759-0-10427000-1450387221_thumb.p

6 answers to this question

I am familiar with databases and have access to my MySQL database through phpMyAdmin. In looking at the 'packages' table I see the duplicate id_values.

If I wanted to manage these manually so that my packages display with IDs that I like can I do that safely by directly editing the MySQL database? Is there another way?

Can you give an example of an ID that you would like to change it to? If you're only looking to show a unique integer for each package, then updating the `packages`.`id_value` would suffice. Simply update the `id_value` for 6 to 7, and one of the two 5's to 6, resulting in, for example:

5 | Domain Registration (.com)

6 | Skilled

7 | Domain Registration (.net)

And of course, always backup the database, or at least this table, before making manual changes to it.

Interesting to see a duplicate package ID. I wonder if that is an anomaly with the data being imported.

The package IDs shown in your screenshot are constructed from data saved in the database. If you're familiar with databases, or have access to a database UI utility like phpmyadmin, you can view these records from the `packages` table. The problem is that one of the `id_value`'s is duplicated. Having duplicate package IDs is normal if the packages are from different companies, but clearly that is not the case here. However, having a duplicate package ID will not negatively impact how the system operates, as that ID is for display purposes only.

Nice to meet you Tyson. Thanks for making this software and answering my questions.

I am familiar with databases and have access to my MySQL database through phpMyAdmin. In looking at the 'packages' table I see the duplicate id_values.

If I wanted to manage these manually so that my packages display with IDs that I like can I do that safely by directly editing the MySQL database? Is there another way?

Cheers, Jason

Thank you Tyson & Serge,

To answer your question Tyson, since the package_id numbers are used to list packages in Blesta's display, I would like to change the ids to integers that will list them in the order I want to see them in when the page loads.

I will backup my database and try this out.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.