Support Tickets

rfhmendes

Question

Hi,

When you open a long support ticket from the admin side and have to separate paragraphs with two or even three blank lines between each other, blesta doesn't respect the amount of blank lines. Example...

Something like this:

"
example text.example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text.

example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text.

example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text.

"

Will become this:

"

example text.example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text. example text.

"

When the entry is edited directly at the database and more blank lines are added to correct the text, nothing happens. Any way to make Blesta respect the amount of blank lines?

Regards,

Ricardo Mendes

7 answers to this question

It's markdown and why would anyone want more than one line breaks for a ticket.

Do you like it on the forum? does it make it more readable?

Or do you want to show a section because you can use ----- for a line break it shows a hr line.

maybe you like 5 line gaps.

@Licensecart

Are you alright? Is there something wrong with my question? I'm asking because your response seemed somewhat aggressive. If it is the case, please know that I didn't meant to offend you with my ignorance over this particular subject. Still, thank you for the tip. ;)

@Tyson

I didn't knew about Markdown. Please check my screenshot. That's why I asked.

The text is not "properly formated" without some extra lines (in my point of view ofc). But I now understand why it's not possible in Blesta. No worries. For really long texts, I will just create a PDF and attach it instead. Thank you for your time. ;)

post-11015-0-69725400-1452541589_thumb.j

@Licensecart

Are you alright? Is there something wrong with my question? I'm asking because your response seemed somewhat aggressive. If it is the case, please know that I didn't meant to offend you with my ignorance over this particular subject. Still, thank you for the tip. ;)

I was stating that you don't see people sending emails or support tickets with more than one line break at any company, if you do paragraphs you use two small paragraphs, which uses one line break. If you do please tell me where :D. Now with that preview why not have 4 paragraphs, why a line per line...?

I like multiple blank lines myself in some places. If you check some en_us language files, you might find I've added two blank lines to separate different definition sections for better readability.

It would be nice if Markdown supported their use when simply adding additional line breaks, and this has been a topic of debate for Markdown users, but I believe it currently does not support that behavior because it would conflict with other automatic formatting in Markdown.

I was stating that you don't see people sending emails or support tickets with more than one line break at any company, if you do paragraphs you use two small paragraphs, which uses one line break. If you do please tell me where :D. Now with that preview why not have 4 paragraphs, why a line per line...?

I'm sorry to tell you that I do see people sending emails and support tickets with more than a single line break.

I could mention at least two multi-national companies that supplies phone, mobile, Internet and even is the owner of most cinemas in my country. And another one that supplies energy to both consumers and businesses. It's not a general rule but sometimes it's necessary to use multiple blank lines whenever it's convenient to have better readability.

Independently of the above. Even if there was a common standard in place regarding this matter, I don't see why I would have follow it just because "it is a standard". :)

It looks like our realities and experiences regarding this topic are quite different. :)

I'm sorry to tell you that I do see people sending emails and support tickets with more than a single line break.

I could mention at least two multi-national companies that supplies phone, mobile, Internet and even is the owner of most cinemas in my country. And another one that supplies energy to both consumers and businesses. It's not a general rule but sometimes it's necessary to use multiple blank lines whenever it's convenient to have better readability.

Independently of the above. Even if there was a common standard in place regarding this matter, I don't see why I would have follow it just because "it is a standard". :)

It looks like our realities and experiences regarding this topic are quite different. :)

Probably is a British thing because if I did that in college or work I would probably be told to re-do it again, but saying that I get leaflets, letters and reading books and magazines and no-one does it.