Just Thought I'd Drop This Off Here (Hint: V4 Peek)

Paul

I actually like the new backend design.  Personally we don't need mobile version of the backend since we are all using devices of 2015+ with 5inc+ display so we are fine with it. What we would like to see is affiliate system. The lack of affiliate system is big drawback ..

Anyway I wish we get affiliate system in v4.1 in the 2nd Q of 2016.

Best Regards,

CyberHour

• 4 months later...

Looking nice @Paul. Are you guys doing away with all of the images for things like shadows, buttons, and icons and going for more of a "flat" design look? Personally a lot of of the UI stuff in 3.6 makes it look very dated.

The new default theme will be missing shadows and virtually all gradients, and icons are replaced with font-awesome. However, you can enable shadows and use gradients on a per-theme basis if you like them. I think it looks cleaner and more modern without the shadows and gradients and font-awesome icons look great on retina displays.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 2:15 PM, Paul said:

The new default theme will be missing shadows and virtually all gradients, and icons are replaced with font-awesome. However, you can enable shadows and use gradients on a per-theme basis if you like them. I think it looks cleaner and more modern without the shadows and gradients and font-awesome icons look great on retina displays.

I agree 100% w/ this paul, I think it is a  clean and crisp styling.  Plus you will find it easier to updating a font-icon then you would updating a static image, plus getting rid of the gradient is another right move into the right direction; as I feel gradient is absolute these day in the design world.  But that is just my opinion & I am sure some would agree & some would disagree w/ this fact.

What was the thought behind removing icons for font-icons was it the simple fact of convenience & for faster response on loading to make it quicker?

16 hours ago, jobplease said:

is there any more sneaks peeks ?

Yeah I think @Paul is just trying to tease everyone w/ a small update & keeping  everyone in suspense & wanting more!.  haha j/k.   Nice work btw, the styling of this new blesta theme is looking amazing & must say very fine work you'll are doing!

25 minutes ago, ExpertIntegrations said:

I agree 100% w/ this paul, I think it is a  clean and crisp styling.  Plus you will find it easier to updating a font-icon then you would updating a static image, plus getting rid of the gradient is another right move into the right direction; as I feel gradient is absolute these day in the design world.  But that is just my opinion & I am sure some would agree & some would disagree w/ this fact.

What was the thought behind removing icons for font-icons was it the simple fact of convenience & for faster response on loading to make it quicker?

Yeah I think @Paul is just trying to tease everyone w/ a small update & keeping  everyone in suspense & wanting more!.  haha j/k.   Nice work btw, the styling of this new blesta theme is looking amazing & must say very fine work you'll are doing!

Font Awesome icons because they are modern and clean and vector so they look great on high resolution screens. It also makes it very easy for plugin makers to use a wide range of icons since all the Font Awesome "font" is available to the system.

I'll consider another tease, but the next tease may just be the beta. Worked through some issues last week with the new minPHP. Couple more to figure out, like why the "Remember Me" option doesn't work.. some incompatibility with the minPHP bridge I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Font Awesome icons because they are modern and clean and vector so they look great on high resolution screens. It also makes it very easy for plugin makers to use a wide range of icons since all the Font Awesome "font" is available to the system.

I'll consider another tease, but the next tease may just be the beta. Worked through some issues last week with the new minPHP. Couple more to figure out, like why the "Remember Me" option doesn't work.. some incompatibility with the minPHP bridge I'm sure.

Very wise choice here in my opinion.  Yeah another teaser would be nice, & yeah beta would even better!

5 hours ago, naja7host said:

Fontawesmone will be shipped with the theme or as vendors ?

I suggest to make bootsrap and fontawsmone shipped as vendors , that way it will be used anywhere in blesta and easy to maintain updates in min release .

I was about to say vendors, but it looks like it's included with the themes. I'm not sure exactly why, but I think there was a reason for that given that we prefer to pull in vendor code via composer whenever possible.