Add Description Meta In The Structure.pdt

activa

Hello

is nice to add a description meta in the structure.pdt and allow plugins to set it via $this->structure->set("descriptoon","xxxxx");

this can help in google seo in some place like the order form , the support manager , and other custom plugin .

That's down to the plugins to do... I'm hoping to get that done in my plugin soon which at the moment I do that anyway with if statements.

<?php if( $page_title == "Welcome" ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells high quality licenses at affordable prices.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,InterWorx,SolusVM,LiteSpeed,R1Soft,Softaculous,Licence,License,Licensecart">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Blesta' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells licenses for the high quality billing system Blesta.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,billing system,whmcs,clientexec,whsuite,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Our Customers' ){ ?>
          <meta name="description" content="Licensecart's showcases some of our customers.">
          <meta name="keywords" content="customers,customer,businesses,companies,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Portfolio' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart's integration portfolio showcases some of our Blesta integrations we've done for some customers.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,integrations,integration,portfolio,showcase,billing system,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'InterWorx' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells licenses for the high quality control panel InterWorx.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="InterWorx,control panel,cPanel,directadmin,plesk,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php } [...] ?>

Hello

is nice to add a description meta in the structure.pdt and allow plugins to set it via $this->structure->set("descriptoon","xxxxx");

this can help in google seo in some place like the order form , the support manager , and other custom plugin .

good addition .

That's down to the plugins to do... I'm hoping to get that done in my plugin soon which at the moment I do that anyway with if statements.

<?php if( $page_title == "Welcome" ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells high quality licenses at affordable prices.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,InterWorx,SolusVM,LiteSpeed,R1Soft,Softaculous,Licence,License,Licensecart">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Blesta' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells licenses for the high quality billing system Blesta.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,billing system,whmcs,clientexec,whsuite,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Our Customers' ){ ?>
          <meta name="description" content="Licensecart's showcases some of our customers.">
          <meta name="keywords" content="customers,customer,businesses,companies,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'Portfolio' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart's integration portfolio showcases some of our Blesta integrations we've done for some customers.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="Blesta,integrations,integration,portfolio,showcase,billing system,licensecart.com">
        <?php }elseif( $page_title == 'InterWorx' ){ ?>
            <meta name="description" content="Licensecart, sells licenses for the high quality control panel InterWorx.">
            <meta name="keywords" content="InterWorx,control panel,cPanel,directadmin,plesk,high quality,license,licensecart.com">
        <?php } [...] ?>

your implementation is a nice solution .

what if you have a cms (let say your cms ) and you have 100 posts/pages , you should do 99 IF statement in the structure ?!! or if you have multi-languages the page title will change no ?

a sample solution that didn't need any change in the tructure.pdt is to add the description via the custom_head like

$this->structure->set("custom_head",'<meta name="description" content="Description goes here" />');

this will inject the meta in the header , this will have only obstacle if you are using some advanced coding that nee injecting css js, multi meta from different function .

another professional solution is to add your custom header var , in structure.pdf , under the title tag .

<title><?php echo $this->Html->safe(($this->Html->ifSet($page_title) ? $page_title . " | " : "") . $this->Html->ifSet($system_company->name));?></title>

add this line

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $this->Html->ifSet($description_head); ?>" />

in your plugin or any page add this line

$this->structure->set("description_head", "here add your description or any var fetched from database ");

i have used a similar solution but is advanced rules in my custom multi-languages CMS .

good addition .

your implementation is a nice solution .

what if you have a cms (let say your cms ) and you have 100 posts/pages , you should do 99 IF statement in the structure ?!! or if you have multi-languages the page title will change no ?

a sample solution that didn't need any change in the tructure.pdt is to add the description via the custom_head like

$this->structure->set("custom_head",'<meta name="description" content="Description goes here" />');

this will inject the meta in the header , this will have only obstacle if you are using some advanced coding that nee injecting css js, multi meta from different function .

another professional solution is to add your custom header var , in structure.pdf , under the title tag .

<title><?php echo $this->Html->safe(($this->Html->ifSet($page_title) ? $page_title . " | " : "") . $this->Html->ifSet($system_company->name));?></title>

add this line

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $this->Html->ifSet($description_head); ?>" />

in your plugin or any page add this line

$this->structure->set("description_head", "here add your description or any var fetched from database ");

i have used a similar solution but is advanced rules in my custom multi-languages CMS .

Ah never thought about that :) so you can have a if statement e.g.:

<?php if($this->Html->ifSet($description_head)){ ?>
<?php } ?>

Ah never thought about that :) so you can have a if statement e.g.:

<?php if($this->Html->ifSet($description_head)){ ?>
<?php } ?>

a logical & well code version should be like

<?php if($this->Html->ifSet($description_head, false)){ ?>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $description_head; ?>" />
<?php } ?>

but i prefer do it like this :

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $this->Html->ifSet($description_head,"your description about company"); ?>" />

so if no description are set it show a default description about your company for example .

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $this->Html->ifSet($description_head,"your description about company"); ?>" />

so if no description are set it show a default description about your company for example .

Also, don't trust the input is safe for display until you've made it so:

<?php
$description = $this->Html->ifSet($description_head, "your fallback description");
?>
<meta name="description" content="<?php $this->Html->_($description);?>" />