New Support Ticket Status: On Hold

evolvewh

I just added this and wanted to share. I do not see any issues on our side and I did not do anything to modify the clients views. I looked at their view and it's acceptable as is for us.

Blesta Version: 3.6.1

Warning: BACKUP your files and database first!

If anyone has suggestions or sees something I did wrong, please let me know.

Files to modify:

plugins/support_manager/views/default/admin_tickets.pdt

Add after Line 7:

array('name'=>$this->("AdminTickets.index.category_on_hold", true) . " <span>(" . $this->Html->($status_count['on_hold'], true) . ")</span>", 'current'=>($this->Html->ifSet($status) == "on_hold" ? true : false), 'attributes'=>array('href'=>$this->base_uri . "plugin/support_manager/admin_tickets/index/on_hold/", 'class'=>"ajax")),

plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/support_manager_tickets.php

Add after Line 51:

$lang['SupportManagerTickets.status.on_hold'] = "On Hold";

plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/admin_tickets.php

Add after Line 27:
$lang['AdminTickets.index.category_on_hold'] = "On Hold";

plugins/support_manager/models/support_manager_tickets.php

Add after Line 266:

where("support_tickets.status", "!=", "on_hold")->

Add after Line 1029:

'on_hold' => $this->_("SupportManagerTickets.status.on_hold"),

plugins/support_manager/controllers/admin_tickets.php (adds the status count)

Add after Line 90:
'on_hold' => $this->SupportManagerTickets->getStatusCount("on_hold", $this->staff_id),

Add after Line 149:
'on_hold' => $this->SupportManagerTickets->getStatusCount("on_hold", $this->staff_id, $client->id),

In your database, go to the support_tickets table and under structure, add the following to the Status column: 'on_hold' (I added it right before 'closed')

Its easy to implement :) I will add this on the next release of my Support Manager Pro :P

You're right, it wasn't hard to do at all. We personally don't need any more statuses but I can help others if they need it.

My next task is to get the clients name to display in a 'from' column.

Do you think "On Hold" is beneficial to have now, ahead of custom ticket statuses? We may consider adding this single status in advance of custom statuses since it's pretty simple to do.

I can't speak for anyone else but it's very beneficial for us. Since I created it, quite a few tickets have been updated to this status. If it's going to be awhile (2-3+ releases) until Custom Ticket Status are added, I'd say, yes, add this one.

Why not just use "Awaiting Reply" for updates from the customer? You should never purposely put an issue on "idle" anyways to be honest. 

Not sure what you are on about....

Open => Waiting for staff

Awaiting Reply => Waiting for the customer

In Progress => Staff are working on something

On Hold => Waiting for a higher up or more information from internal (your business)

Closed => Just that it's Closed.

Why not just use "Awaiting Reply" for updates from the customer? You should never purposely put an issue on "idle" anyways to be honest. 

We use it a lot for website development or a sales lead if someone isn't quite ready to purchase but they say they will be in the near future.

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2016 at 10:03 PM, evolvewh said:

I just added this and wanted to share. I do not see any issues on our side and I did not do anything to modify the clients views. I looked at their view and it's acceptable as is for us.

Blesta Version: 3.6.1

Warning: BACKUP your files and database first!

If anyone has suggestions or sees something I did wrong, please let me know.

Files to modify:

plugins/support_manager/views/default/admin_tickets.pdt

Add after Line 7:

array('name'=>$this->("AdminTickets.index.category_on_hold", true) . " <span>(" . $this->Html->($status_count['on_hold'], true) . ")</span>", 'current'=>($this->Html->ifSet($status) == "on_hold" ? true : false), 'attributes'=>array('href'=>$this->base_uri . "plugin/support_manager/admin_tickets/index/on_hold/", 'class'=>"ajax")),

plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/support_manager_tickets.php

Add after Line 51:

$lang['SupportManagerTickets.status.on_hold'] = "On Hold";

plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/admin_tickets.php

Add after Line 27:
$lang['AdminTickets.index.category_on_hold'] = "On Hold";

Add after Line 266:

Add after Line 1029:

plugins/support_manager/controllers/admin_tickets.php (adds the status count)

Add after Line 90:
'on_hold' => $this->SupportManagerTickets->getStatusCount("on_hold", $this->staff_id),

Add after Line 149:
'on_hold' => $this->SupportManagerTickets->getStatusCount("on_hold", $this->staff_id, $client->id),

In your database, go to the support_tickets table and under structure, add the following to the Status column: 'on_hold' (I added it right before 'closed')

just to update everyone the lines have changed a bit in blesta v4.2

Add after Line 300:

Add after Line 1200:

the rest is the same as above in op.

10 hours ago, timnboys said:

just to update everyone the lines have changed a bit in blesta v4.2

Add after Line 300:

Add after Line 1200:

the rest is the same as above in op.

Thanks for keeping everyone updated. We have stopped using the Blesta Support Plugin so we won't be reporting updates on this but I did see they've finally included this in v4.3 so this thread won't be needed for much longer.

2 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Thanks for keeping everyone updated. We have stopped using the Blesta Support Plugin so we won't be reporting updates on this but I did see they've finally included this in v4.3 so this thread won't be needed for much longer.

I hope so, this is the only reason I updated everyone since I am like everyone else hoping v4.3 comes along and removes this manual editing requirement for this(this is just to help people achieve the same effect until then).

• 2 weeks later...

Also notice you forgot admin view of client.

/plugins/support_manager/views/default/admin_tickets_client.pdt add:

['name' => $this->_('AdminTickets.client.category_on_hold', true) . ' <span>(' . $this->Html->_($status_count['on_hold'], true) . ')</span>', 'current' => ($this->Html->ifSet($status) == 'on_hold' ? true : false), 'attributes' => ['href' => $this->Html->safe($this->base_uri . 'plugin/support_manager/admin_tickets/client/' . $this->Html->ifSet($client->id) . '/on_hold/'), 'class' => 'ajax']],

and in subsequent /plugins/support_manager/language/en_us/admin_tickets.php

$lang['AdminTickets.client.category_on_hold'] = 'On Hold';

definitely useless though as stated a trash option and on hold option are in 4.3.0 BUT if your using this already you might want to see on hold in widget or not...